My First Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

The Orb was a one off, as for the rest, im working on a battleship that has 3 modes, travelling, defence and assault (i like making things move), it should be ready in a day or two, tho the section work will probably be terrible (im no good at what looks good)
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

Here is the Heavy Cruiser, it is from a different part of the fleet to the others hence different colours and section usage.

HEAVY CRUISER

HEAVY CRUISER - Medium Defence Mode

HEAVY CRUISER - Heavy Defence Mode

HEAVY CRUISER - Assault Mode

C&C please, and can some one tell me how to make an animated .gif to show my transformations
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Don't use fake aegis. The transformation is cool but the ship is not which takes away from it. Use more variety of sections and perhaps colors.
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

Thats not fake aegis, the modules are hidden within the ship, and my section selection is still developing, i don't thing the square shape is to good, but everyone has to start somewhere
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

My apologies. I understand you are still working on your section usage and it's not bad but I think you should use a few smaller detailed sections to show a few mechanical components of the ship. Aegis generally doesn't look good, fake or not. Perhaps change the module to Nano Matrix or increase the HP. The shape, however, could probably look decent with a few tweaks and improved section usage.

You should note that I am not as harsh as most people and for the future, you may want to read this thread.
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

Im not countering your arguement, im mearly saying that the aegis isnt fake. And im gonna work on a new ship to replace that Cruiser, it will be more in fitting with the tealth fleet, hopefully it will have better section usage.

I appreciate all your C&C so far, and the destroyer will be changing a bit.
DarchZero
Commander
Commander

Post by DarchZero »

Wow. Three transformations? You really used all the keys? That's...kinda epic. But still, your design needs to improve. Functional yes, but it kinda hurts the eye with only the whites and greys. About section coherence? I can't tell, but really, it's good.

Now that the good part's over, carrier. hurts. eyes. It's BLAAAAAHK all the way down and the colours are out of sync compared to your previous ships. and how come the sections, and the whole ship totally tilts 180 degree into reverse? Or maybe it's just my hurting eyes? And you could try to modify the fake aegis effect variables to achieve a good result, more than just your so-so average aegis. And the stealth destroyers pretty frail from forward view, it's just supported by the bridge, except if it's broadside, which is good.

Whew, that's all for now. Keep improving, and keep it up :)
Died to gatekeeping and mod arrogance
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

The transformations on the cruiser only use 2 keys, only 2 moving bits on each side. The cruiser and the destoyer i will be redoing once i get my battleship going. Any help on my section coherency, selection and colouring would be greatly appreciated... i just like using any random section.
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

Here is the new carrier, named the Assault carrier cos it carries a few weapons, it still transforms a bit (i really like that to much)

ASSAULT CARRIER

ASSAULT CARRIER - Deployed

The ship deployers are ment to be floating tin space, they are held in place by 'grav beams' it allows for the deploying ships to move in two direntions (in theory)

Here is the updated Destroyer

25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Eyeburn. Over-stretching. Floating sections. Penisbrick shapes. Extreme darkness.

Fix the things above.