Im Back (+me new ships)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Nahki
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Im Back (+me new ships)

Post by Nahki »

Hello i got bored so i made som new ships and uploaded them pls comment!

Astrateus Class Battlecrusier :
ImagePorts opened and reactor activated
Imageship in full ZOMG mode

Maulus Class Battleship :

Eeos Class Dread :
Imagewhit plasma! plating

all ships can ram other ships

i will upload some other ships later
Last edited by Nahki on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

all ships can ram other ships
So that... thing... on the left side is some kind of pneumatic drill?

Regardless, it's good to see someone taking the ramming concept and having a ride with it. Though I think that a ship that devotes half of one side for intense physical activities may have some difficulty (breaking off 90 degrees counter-clockwise along the central seem upon impact) when push comes to shove.

Your section work seems kind of forced. Most of the topside and outer sections look like they've been place on as an afterthought. As a whole they work, but only because most of the inside sections plus some colourwork have a more coherent look than the extremities.

The gun placement and sprite selection for ships catch my eye. I'm interested in seeing them in action. I also hope that you've done some trigger work on the ramming device for added effect. On the chance that you haven't, consider giving it a try.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Nahki
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Nahki »

yes, the green glowing object on the front of the ship is supposed to be a piece of uranium . as for the red sections they are supposed to be armor plating of the neccesary parts of the ship for example eeach red part is removable but the ship still stays battle ready . and about triggering : i really don't know how to do that.... but the battlecrusier have a large long range cannon platform but since i can't do triggers i made 2 other versions of the ship : one whit the reactor activated ( ramming part got opened )and one whit the dual cannon turret removed whit the second core visible and all 6 heavy cannons opened . i have pics but i really wanted to do it whit triggers .
Nahki
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Nahki »

updated.
brenwasp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by brenwasp »

the first 2 ships look like a tank on the side.
Nahki
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Nahki »

omg never noticed tht :O