Oh hey look! another noob makes ships!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

toshiryu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Oh hey look! another noob makes ships!

Post by toshiryu »

Hello there everybody. So, in my awesome habit of quitting and restarting things, i decided to try to get back into BF. Anyway, this is my first ship that i have built since last year:

As you can probably tell by now, i am a noob. Criticizing time?
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

One day i wish that i had a incredible super computer that could accurately predict every evolution in nature and could map out any event ever to happen. It would be awesome to play some games on that.
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

Use http://photobucket.com/ for your images

Also you should use a black background for your image.

make a black .bmp image in paint and paste it into your battleship forever folder and go to Tools -> change background.

As for your ship, you should use more then one color. Other then that it's a good beginner ship, it looks aggresive with how the weapons are placed on the wing.
Go Go GO!!!
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Better than a lot of noob crap. You've avoided a decent number of basic mistakes, like eyeburn, but there's a lot of work to be done before I think this could be called "good".

As a general guideline for section usage, right angles are ugly if you don't really know what you're doing.
Also, see how the side struts are bigger than the actual sections on the end? Consider beefing up what's actually attached rather than having what amounts to the ship's frame being so prominent.
Color could do with tweaking, lurk around and see if you don't get a sense for what gives a better sense of depth.
Lastly, mirroring overlap, keep it if it really serves a purpose, but here it just seems sloppy.
toshiryu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by toshiryu »

Thanks for the tips you two. One reason i probably avoided some of those mistakes is cuz ive done this before. Anyway, i know i need to work on filling up my ships and not just adding wierd sections that make it seem like it doesn't have a decent hull.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

One day i wish that i had a incredible super computer that could accurately predict every evolution in nature and could map out any event ever to happen. It would be awesome to play some games on that.