New Ship's, Comment and Criticism welcome

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should I make them normal size?

Yes
47%
No, size doesn't matter, its the section usage that counts.
53%

Total votes: 17

gopa4
Commander
Commander

New Ship's, Comment and Criticism welcome

Post by gopa4 »

Original ship is now irrevalent, removed.
Last edited by gopa4 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Easy on the zoom there, man. The shape is really weird. I really think you should remove the top (in terms of depth) wing shaped sections.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

It really needs a section to cover up the mirroring line.
It somehow reminds me of FF the spirits within.(a movie)

What's that red part at the back?
gopa4
Commander
Commander

Post by gopa4 »

Compiling ships together once there fixed.
Last edited by gopa4 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
gopa4
Commander
Commander

Post by gopa4 »

Still irrelevant.
Last edited by gopa4 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

You might wanna put some big guns on one of those ships. Like just one in the middle, will also remove most of the mirroring line.

And don't double post, mods go crazy over little stuff like that. :wink: (Those for who this is meant will understand the wink.)
gopa4
Commander
Commander

Post by gopa4 »

Irrelavent post.
gopa4
Commander
Commander

Post by gopa4 »

Will compile all of the ships together later, once there edited.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

You can hit 'edit' you know. It's probably better to post at least two new ships if you're gonna bump. Especially when your ships are all practically the same.

Red and green don't go together. I think that shape is absolutely ridiculous. The section usage in the middle is acceptable but you may want to clean up your sections near the outside of your ship.
gopa4
Commander
Commander

Post by gopa4 »

Refer to the bottum of the page.
Last edited by gopa4 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

um...new ship? Its the old one with four new pieces added to each side... I don't have a problem with the shape because its somewhat original, but they could all use some depth and the big weapons on top are ugly. If your going to do that cover them with a turret or something. And why the gap down the spine of the ships?
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

When I said you should put a big gun on the top, I didn't mean putting an overstrechted AC on it. More like an AC on the smaller ships and some 2/3 barreled thing on the bigger ones.
Though I really like the new ship, I really think you should use a better engine flare sprite. The bullet from the fraxy pack(additive blended) always looks good as a glow.
Next you might wanna add some colour to these ships. Looking at it right now I think lightblue, orange or dark red all would look pretty good. But keep it mostly grey.
Next point, the colour layering is all wrong, the "highes" sections should be light and the lower sections darker.
Well since you are hopefully gonna fix that AC anyways, the next point isn't really important, BUT; the thing is offcenter, check it's location by pressing EDIT and looking at the Y value, this should be 0. If it is, the sprite is ofcenter then you have to put it strait by looking and moving until it lines up.
gopa4
Commander
Commander

Post by gopa4 »

Thanks, I plan on recoloring the entire fleet and cleaning up the sections. The gun on top isn't stretched, its the stock size, the ships are just half the usual size, each and every section is half the size of the original. Hmm, I think I'll have to take a look into the custom section. Thanks again for the critisism. The gap running down the middle of the ship was caused when I mirrored it, I have to move the sides closer together, which I plan on doing.

The new version of the ship, I downloaded the fraxy weapon pack but whenever I insert them into the shipmaker they turn into a blue blob, a little help, also how do I make glows?
For comparison the old version.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

STOP ZOOMING IN ON THE SCREENSHOTS.
Just press backspace to go back to normal zoom.

It looks hideous when it's zoomed in.
gopa4
Commander
Commander

Post by gopa4 »

As requested, a normal unzoomed shot.