Crimsonflame's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Crimsonflame's Ships

Post by Crimsonflame »

Ceremonial Ku'ching
After the end of Per'ang war II the Haiwan elders decided that all remaining warships were to be converted to ceremonial duties as a sign of trust towards the Manusia. A slave workforce that dwarfed the one used to build the great wall of china was assembled. It took said workforce almost two decades of meticulous work to engrave the hulls of the 23 remaining ships with ceremonial carvings. Although the ships' hull integrity has been weakened by the engravings they still remain forces to reckon with. When the flames of war were rekindled the Ku'ching were all refitted with long-range armament so as to not waste the already-build hulls.

Aan'jing
The Aan'jings vanguard the fleet of the Hai'wan in the Pemburu wars. Using all of the Haiwan's advancement in technology (such as the ability to project lightning across vast distances despite the lack of matter to jump to-and-from and superior engine technology) to improve upon the success of the Ku'ching the Aan'jing emerged to oppose all who opposed the Haiwan.

Arr'nab
Hastily built ships with the sole purpose as acting as meat-shields for the Aan'jing. The simplistic systems mean that most of the ship can be operated by an AI keeping the number of crew required to a minimum.
Last edited by Crimsonflame on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 9 times in total.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Wow. These are nice. Some of the depthing is off, but those are some interesting ships.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Shapes, colors, glows, all okay. But try to get some extra detail over those WF sections, use doodads, small sections, the like. Otherwise, everything looks acceptable.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

[Pic in first post]
Added more detail to the side pod's WF sections,replaced the center engines, added glow to all engines and took a screen that better portrays the lightning doodads at the front of the ship.

[Pic in first post]
Added detail to the WF sprites, added engine glow and lowered the engine.

Addressed to all complaints as best as i could, is it an improvement?
First time using doodads so pointers would be appreciated.
C&C still welcome.
Last edited by Crimsonflame on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Hm. Far better. I'd dare say they look interesting now.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Realy nice ships. They remind me of crabs for some reason.
I initially thought the armor looked good without the doodads, but AD was right about it.
The last ship has a minor thing; the twin ACs are placed under the armor plates. I would just keep them over the ship.
And on the big one the engines just look a bit out of place.
Wizardunic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Wizardunic »

Mind directing me to where you got to ship sections, been looking everywhere?

On another note, I like the ships.....
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Wizardunic wrote:Mind directing me to where you got to ship sections, been looking everywhere?

On another note, I like the ships.....
They are from the WF pack.
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

@Wizardunic
The main body consists mostly of Kae's mecha sections whereas the armor at the sides consist of a combination of WF sprites and about 4 custom sprites for added detail.

@Maarten & AD

[Se'raang (ProtoF) moved to bottom of page.]
Last edited by Crimsonflame on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

I don't really like the protoF its not contingent with the rest of your fleet I would remove most of the front to let the contingency continue, And anyways those massive Wf sections in the front look ridiculous.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
pick yer poison
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pick yer poison »

Homer wrote:I don't really like the protoF its not contingent with the rest of your fleet I would remove most of the front to let the contingency continue, And anyways those massive Wf sections in the front look ridiculous.
Agreed. Also, I think those side turrets are a bad idea. The way they jut out from the sides isn't seen in any of the other ships. Also, they'd be some of the first things to get shot off in a firefight, since they're pretty exposed where they are.
Last edited by pick yer poison on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Three rights may make a left, but there's still something drastically wrong with your pathfinding algorithm."
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Same problem: not enough detail on the bigger sections.
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Look one post down, thanks.
Last edited by Crimsonflame on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Se'raang,
Maintenance mode

Defensive mode(normal)

Defensive mode(frontal with hangar bays open)

Hangar (open)

EDIT: Fixed centerline, thanks to Ixranin for pointing it out.
Last edited by Crimsonflame on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

I actually like how you're using the WF-ish sprites on these ships. They still stick out a bit, but they work well in creating the illusion of heavy armor plates.

The last ship's pretty good too. It looks a little generic and blocky at first, but then it flips out all those sections and turns into something entirely different. Only thing I'd note is that the centerline seems a bit inconsistent.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]