Rose's ships, I'm new don't hurt me, please?

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Siniruusu
Ensign
Ensign

Rose's ships, I'm new don't hurt me, please?

Post by Siniruusu »

Well… hello? This is not my first post, but it can be thought of as one, since the real one was an error report =P. I thought that since there are so many shipbuilders going around here, that I’d use their valuable time and try to get comments on my own designs… if you can call them designs, really.

The idea was to have them metagame -balanced, and it worked somewhat, although I’m not so sure of the classifications of some of the ships (since my ships are not built as good as the real metagame ships). Some of them better, some of them worse, here it goes:

Musicworks DC-1 ’Crawler’

Is a Destroyer –sized dedicated carrier, with only the smallest self-defence capabilities, as all the space in the ship have been used for storing the strikecraft. Capable of carrying 3 wings of Interceptors and Bombers. Used mostly as an support craft for fleets, and it should always have few other ships on the vicinity.

Armament:

2x Musicworks Long Range Missile Silo
4x Vincent fastfire Kinetic Cannon

Musicworks M-1 ‘Helljoy’

A small Corvette –like ship for overwhelming the enemy with bullets. Used for fleet level fire suppression¸ and for simply flanking enemy light –warships and damaged heavier ones.

Armament:

2x Vincent Heavy Duty Vulcan Cannon
2x Musicworks Particle Accelerator
2x Musicworks Medium Range Missile Silo

Musicworks M-2 ‘Hellhound’

Having a beam cannon and two launchers for guided missiles, makes it an capable anti corvette craft. It also sports two heavier cannons for added firepower against more heavier ships.

Armament:

2x Hellbound HV Rocket Platform
2x Vincent mark. 1 Medium Kinetic Cannon
1x Musicworks Long Range Light Beam Emitter

Musicworks Q-1 ‘Peppermint’

Missile boat capable of wiping the floor with many other ships of its class. The ship has an advanced system for constant missile fire from its four Missile Silos.

Armament:

4x Hellbound Low Range Missile Fire system
4x Vincent fastfire Kinetic Cannon

Musicworks R-1 ‘Cherrymonster’

Heavy plating, weird wings, and armed to the tooth. The Cherrymonster is an all -round Assault Cruiser/Destroyer, having the armour of Cruiser, packed in a size of a Destroyer.

Armament:

10x Vincent mark. 1 Medium Kinetic Cannon
4x Musicworks Long Range Missile Silo
2x Vincent fastfire Kinetic Cannon
2x Musicworks Particle Accelerator
1x Musicworks Medium Range Double Beam Emitter
2x Musicworks Light Beam Emitter

Musicworks R-2 ‘Cheesecake’

A very simple idea, a ship, a gun, and lots of more guns. Designed for fighting enemies right in front, it has a big beam and lots of cannons to keep the other ship busy. Might be a little weak on the armour side though

Armament:

12x Musicworks Particle Accelerator
1x Musicworks Medium Range Double Beam Emitter
1x Musicworks Medium Range Heavy Beam Emitter
6x Musicworks Lowered Range Missile Silo

Musicworks B-1 ‘Vincent Vendetta’

It’s, well, big, and has cannons… but it’s not that useful, built for fleet defence, and for keeping the enemy big ships at bay, and has moderate damage dealing capabilities.

Armament:

4x3=12x Vincent mark. 3 Medium Kinetic Cannon, turreted
12x Musicworks Medium Range Missile Silo
8x Hellbound HV -Rocket Platform
6x Vincent fastfire Kinetic Cannon
2x Musicworks Point Defense Beam
2x Musicworks Medium Range Heavy Beam Emitter

Musicworks R-3 ‘Wonderberry’

The design has never left the drawing table, as no one has been able to find out how to get enough energy to operate the heavy four beam cannons, although there have been discussions with Vincent corporation to provide kinetic weaponry in place of beams. And the design is a bit of a wide target.

Armament:

not decided

Musicworks V-2 ‘Macaroni’

Closed

and Open

This one has been built only for the purpose of fleet level communications, and of course enemy fleet communications jamming. Weak in combat, but great in what it has been designed to do.

Armament:

1x Extra Heavy Janet class systemwide jamming device

Musicworks V-3 ‘Cloud’

An armoured cruiser with a lots of small guns to pepper the enemy with. Nice and fast cruising speed also.

Armament:

20x Musicworks Laser Cannon
2x Musicworks Extra-Light Beam Emitter

Musicworks V-4 ‘Crimson Rose’

Interestingly enough, the blueprints for this particular ship were ‘recovered’ from a shipwreck that one of our company’s executives found on a pirate infested area. We researched them, and found about a very interesting energy grid for battleships. This is the secretly built prototype, based on the energy grid.

Armament:

6x Musicworks Light Beam Emitter
4x Musicworks ‘Stranded’ Anti Fighter Beam Emitter

Musicworks X-1 ‘Cheapskate’

Yes, this is it, the infamous Cheapest of the cheap, the X-1. It has beams, but they are cheap too, and a few lasers… you can have many on a price of one, if you’d like.

Armament:

6x Musicworks Laser Cannon
2x Musicworks Light Beam Emitter

Musicworks X-3 ‘California’

Named after an area of an ancient world, in a book our marketing chief likes. Used for Support fire, and can perform alone, if the enemy stays in front of the craft.

Armament:

2x Hellbound HV Rocket Platform

Musicworks X-2 ‘Hellfire’

An support -fire craft, it can shoot HV-rockets in swarms, and from a good range too. Used to thin the plating on the enemy paper airplanes.

Armament:

6x Hellbound HV Rocket Platform -extra long range system
2x Musicworks ‘Stranded’ Anti Fighter Beam Emitter

And that’s it, really, for now. If you want more, ill make some. if not… well I will still make some, but won't post them to bother people =P

Edit: weirdly enough, after posting this, I built a ship, it is a small one... but I have no idea what to do with it? An recon craft?

Last edited by Siniruusu on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dachplatte
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Dachplatte »

Those are great ships , especially when you just started making them. And i love the colors. Make more of 'm!
[img]http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Dachplatte/Ipwn-1-1.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4233]Dach's Shipyard[/url]
Wizardunic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Wizardunic »

Aww, some how I just can't seem to make a good start of ships. Anyways, they look great to me.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Nice ships indeed, really liking that colour scheme. (kinda reminds me of melv.)
But some ships just aren't the high level they could be.
The Cheesecake is highly repedative at the front, could be solved by cutting of most op the front spiked sections that overlap the particals.

The vendetta is badly stretched on the wings, and seems cluttered in the middle. It also completly looks out of place with the rest of the fleet. Although the triple turret is nice.

Wonderberry has a lot of the shares a lot of errors with the vendetta. But this one seems even more part of another fleet. Well most of it, if you scrap the wings bow like structure it would make a lovely alien ship.

The macaroni although it is original it just looks like shit, kill it. nothing good left. But good useage of triggers.

The Crimson Rose is completly differant then the other.(I read the backstory) Still intersting, stick some spikes on it and it would make a good piece next to the stripped wonderberry.

Yet this fleet also has some very very good ship, The helljoy, Cherrymonster(although what a name....) and the Cloud are my favorites.

WELCOME TO WYRDYSM.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

I love the names. My favorite was originally Helljoy, then I came to Cherrymonster, then I realized they were all hilarious and quit picking a favorite.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Quixitol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Quixitol »

Wow man, these are pretty nice ships. I really like the cherrymonster :D
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Not much colour.
Not that good design (Except for the Cherrymonster...)
many of the ships are horribly repetitive.
I don't give a damn.
Siniruusu
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Siniruusu »

O_o thanks for the replies, surprisingly many in the time.
The Cheesecake is highly repedative at the front
Okkay, I'm on it
The vendetta is badly stretched on the wings, and seems cluttered in the middle
The wings... well I'll see what I can do, but really no idea yet. The clutter, maybe I should make some of my own sections for the beam cannons on the top of the ship?
I love the names.
Oh Thank you =P I like them too, I'll make some new good names for the future ships, hee.

And thanks for the opinions also, I personally like dark colors, so i used my team color on them ships, and lots of grey too.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I currently don't have the time to pluck out all the flaws in these ships, but overall I see one recurring error: the way in which the detailed sections are used. Some of the lines clash here and there, especially on the Vincent Vendetta's sidepods. Try to use different, possibly less detailed or even custom sections for those and similar constructions. Otherwise, these ships are good for a first timer. I'm glad to see decent shapes, colorwork and at least accepteable section usage too.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

I like it. It reminds me of the Prophets of Salril from Ares. (A 1999 game for the mac. Fantastic game, mind you.)

Their ships were sleek, black, and the carrier looked like the Milano of DOOM! The fighter looked like a baby carrier.

Here. I couldn't find a proper image, but I found this sprite from the XSera project (A port of Ares for OS X, fan made)

Note the bridge is like a Milano cookie.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s