More nooby creations. Catastrophe: I have returned

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by TheShipwrightArms »

While there are some well put together things on your thread (I liked the bling ship and the little green one) the 'SWA' :roll: ship is a bit of a heap tbf.

Is that really how my ships look to you?
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I like it, although some of the depth shading seems to be a little messed up, otherwise its great

no commment on what TSA said...
naysayers will be shot
omega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by omega »

@TSA. Yay! You're back.
To answer your question it's not what your ships look like. I wrote an ATTEMPT to copy SWA. Not SWA's ship. The general idea of the ship looks kinda like the ships in your thread. The detail and section usage and coloring and so on and so forth I did is no match for your skill.
alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta... and Ω Omega!

Last edited by omega on Mon Jan 1, 2012 1:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

TheShipwrightArms wrote:While there are some well put together things on your thread (I liked the bling ship and the little green one) the 'SWA' :roll: ship is a bit of a heap tbf.

Is that really how my ships look to you?
YOUR BACK
Go build some winrar stuff :D
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Hmm, the brown ship isn't bad even if its style doesn't appeal to me, maybe too insectoidish. But nothing really wrong with it imo. The 'swa' ship...Well to be fair, it does actually resemble the mirage, minus some of the glows. When I look at it though, my first negative thought is that its too wide; you might try squishing that center gap on the left a bit. I'm assuming based on the exhaust that the front is just facing left, but thats the side I would narrow. Nice work
TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by TheShipwrightArms »

Homer wrote: YOUR BACK
Go build some winrar stuff :D
What about my back?
Don't worry, I am building. Stop derailing this dudes thread dude.
jawa8402 wrote: The 'swa' ship...Well to be fair, it does actually resemble the mirage, minus some of the glows.
Well yeah, I guess the silhouette would be similar but the devil is in the detail.

I'm all for copying someones style if you are doing it to learn new techniques but I think ultimately you should do so to cultivate your own style. I'm not sure omega has found his yet but IMO many of his other ships are noticably better than the 'SWA' ship, there are some good foundations to work on here, but the swa isn't one of them.