Something big.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

And still the ship is:
1 BIG
2 Dark
3 Filled with Glows
4 not that spammy
5 Crablike :D (Dr.Zoid would be happy)

The core is Incredible. Is it animated or static?

Download! Download! I need to know how long will a [Holy Ship] resist never-ending hordes of my monstrosities.
I don't give a damn.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Thanks.

@Anna:

Well, that's coming from the arguably best shipbuilder ever. I admit, I can do better, but the ship is already pretty much set in stone due to the way I made it 200 sections.
To make it 200 sections I took all of the wings and major parts and merged them into one section. The front is 2 sections, side-pods are 2 sections, back is 2 sections. the reactor has 1 ring section, the 2 shell sections, and 4 prongs that turn around when , is pressed(To allow matainance to be done on the reactor, or to shift the heavy duty 40000 HP shells to defend the reactor.)Also, i reduced it to 2000 HP to let other ships around the forum stand a chance so I can at least have some fun.
Also, for those wondering, I removed the red glow and put a purple one instead.

Download is coming after the last touches and guns are added.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Commodore111 wrote:@Anna:

Well, that's coming from the arguably best shipbuilder ever. I admit, I can do better, but the ship is already pretty much set in stone due to the way I made it 200 sections.
To make it 200 sections I took all of the wings and major parts and merged them into one section.
Yeah, I know. I did something similar with my (admitted rather crappy) most recent ship. It's pretty hard to make any major modifications once you've done that. I'll try giving you some more useful criticism later, for when you start making your next ship.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Imma go with Anna here. Shape is nice, colors...still too dark I'm afraid. From afar, it looks awesome. But upon closer examination I see clutter, repetition, holes where they shouldn't be, and the red glows are simply overdone. Kudos for the little bubble shields in there, though. Get rid of the red glows, lighten it up a bit, work on the areas where you've repeated that pod section over and over.

Well, at least that's what you could've done before you merged sections... sorry to hear that. This could use plenty of work and it could be brilliant given some more attention.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

My opinion has suddenly changed. This is not the best ship in the world. I also agree with Anna. I am not impressed. This ship actually looks terrible. Because it is dark, the sections are hard to see but when I took a closer look, I realized the sections were just jumbled up. The shape is fine but the section usage is bad.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

You have to admit, it is hard to avoid that on big ships.

But this ship was really an experiment on a new style. I'm going to try out some new ways to build it. And smaller ships next time too.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

25000st wrote:My opinion has suddenly changed. This is not the best ship in the world. I also agree with Anna. I am not impressed. This ship actually looks terrible. Because it is dark, the sections are hard to see but when I took a closer look, I realized the sections were just jumbled up. The shape is fine but the section usage is bad.
I sincerly hope this is sarcasm because otherwise your the biggest tool on the forum. Anna may well be right in his assesment but now it just looks like your recycling criticism from people who know what their talking about so you can <s>suck up to him</s> agree with him

The only things that REALLY bother me about this ship are the red glow seeming out of place, and the open spine. If you had a energy grid or something spreading throughout the ship it might be ok, but melvin's sprites just don't cut it by themselves. I'd say cover up the gap to the rear of the reactor and do something more interesting with the gap in the front, some sort of spine cannon perhaps. Might replace the red glow with some sort of despersing energy field like the shield on Eri's sword ship, if you can manage it. All in all though, definitly better than most of the other stuff being pumped out these days. I agree with danny bout the name though
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

It is big, (although most ships now are) it's crab-like, and the under-glow kinda makes it look horrible! It's okay, (and by okay I mean great) but get rid of the under-glow please. That would be my two cents on the your ship.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

I thought the underglow was great. Contrast is always nice.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

@Raul. I am not being sarcastic. I have added a lighter version below to show you. I first just took a quick glance and didn't bother to look closely and it looked very impressive, but then I saw Squishy's post and took a closer look. Because the ship is dark, it looks good but if it were lighter (like below), the sections would stand out more and it would not look as good.

@commondore. Perhaps I was a bit harsh. The shape is good. The size adds to it. However, you really need to re-think some of you Mecha section usage. It gets worse as you progress towards to front. As for the glows, they are fine.

Perhaps this will help you see where some sections need tweaking.
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3954/lighter.gif
Last edited by 25000st on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xynus »

the hell? what happened to the picture in your post, 2500st? that looks horrible.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

That's because it's SUPPOSED to be dark?

But on my next ships I'll use the dark gray less anyway.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Yeah... Either something went wrong with that picture or something went horribly wrong with the ship.

EDIT:Oh wait... The author didn't do that,nevermind.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

We all know I'm a sucker for glowy things...
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
xdarkcodex
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by xdarkcodex »

Wow that thing is HUGE!
I think it's needs to be slightly brighter like the others said.
The bottom statement is true
The above statement is false