[Quake] Something I'm Building

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

SHAD0Wdump wrote:
Arcalane wrote: No reason not to, really.
I don't do it because there are certain bugs in the new version that don't appeal to me.

At least that was my reason for not doing it in the first place,I can't remember which bugs they were...
Chances are, they're bugs that are still present in your old version, or stuff that just can't be fixed easily.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

VictimOfPepperoni wrote:It looks alot like the Executor class Star Destroyer, yeah. Only there are lots more guns.
Small nitpick, but there are actually quite a few less guns. They're just larger compared to the hull. This does remind me though, that I don't particularly like the EMP torps. It's just that when I look at how every other major weapon is on some kind of mount, having those two just stuck on seems a bit off to me.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Imperator Pavel I
BANNED

Post by Imperator Pavel I »

It looks more like the Eclipse.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Imperator Pavel I wrote:It looks more like the Eclipse.
I'd definetely say it looks more like the Executor than the Eclipse.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starw ... ce-FoC.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starw ... ellion.JPG
VictimOfPepperoni wrote:It looks alot like the Executor class Star Destroyer, yeah. Only there are lots more guns.
The Executor mounted thousands of Turbolasers and hundreds of Ion Cannons plus Missile Tubes and Tractor Beams. The Quake has carries nowhere near that amount of weapons.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Yarr harr fiddle dee dee ;)
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Nice!

Pirate style! I like it. The color is great too.

Yarr harr :x !
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Being a pirate is all right to be (or "with me")!

Anyways, how do you make all these epic icons, I demand you release a pack of such glowyness.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by dyoano »

great shape, but I feel that it's too cluttered with weapons to look respectable...

maybe you should conceal some or layer them. Just a thought.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

dyoano wrote:great shape, but I feel that it's too cluttered with weapons to look respectable...

This is Danny. You may as well try to convince the world to start spinning in the other direction, or the sun to stop shining. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Arcalane wrote:
dyoano wrote:great shape, but I feel that it's too cluttered with weapons to look respectable...

This is Danny. You may as well try to convince the world to start spinning in the other direction, or the sun to stop shining. :P
They're already depthed as it is. You're supposed to see it has very large guns anyway; that's the whole point! :lol:

Also

Eintek ship needs Glasteel™ for it to be a proper Eintek. I've chosen an ablative armor design that forgoes the expensive large autoclaves needed to cure whole sections for small, inexpensive (relatively speaking) easily replaceable tiles which can be manufactured to a much higher standard. This also spreads explosive blast and raking beam damage across a much larger number of tiles per hit, which reduces the chance of armor defeat. It also adds another layer of protection against armor-piercing weaponry like railguns or sabot cannons.

EDIT: Hmm, something went pear-shaped because now the ship won't load. I'm wondering if it's the new armor doing that, and also if this is what BSF's Magic 3KLine Limit™ looks like. If so, it's back to the drawing board with a new idea.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

New ship, with RAILGUNS.

Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I actually dislike this new one. I think that the red and green ones suit the shape of the ship more, and the big gun in the centre of this new one is blurry somewhat. Other than that, I love all the ships in this thread, even though they are refits, they all look good for the most part apart from what I said about this new one. Keep the good work up. :)
dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by dyoano »

why are all the thrusters pointed off center? it looks ugly that way imo.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Alphaed the thrusters and completely redesigned the primary weapons. PROTIP: Turretz are hard to build, especially with guns that have a shitload of breech space. Am considering a gravitic shield grid of some sort for defense.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Waaaay too many weapons man. You may also want to remove a few glows. The rest is awesome.