[Quake] Something I'm Building

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

[Quake] Something I'm Building

Post by Danny420Dale »

The red lines are fake-aegised sections I'm using as a temporary 'chalk line' to guide me to the hull's final shape, which as you can see is a straight up Executor arrowhead. Projected fittings as of this point are six large turrets and twelve or more medium turrets.

Thanks Sponge and Müg. This ship has heavy Heavy HEAVY amounts of Kaelis steampunk sections and custom sections that I designed specifically for it, and I tried to avoid crappy section usage like my last large ship. Yes she needs thrusters (of which she'll get tons, mostly alphaed) and some color (I have no idea where to start!), and those primary guns are likely to be replaced by some kind of big nasty twin turrets.

And Darch, the _only_ thing your ship has in common with mine is the overall shape, so you can go fuck yourself. Mine's bigger! :lol:

And she's done. The Eintek Quake.

<danny420dale> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0j3xnqoimgi nine megz but it's worth it; might wanna back up your custom sprites first.

EDIT: New DL.
Last edited by Danny420Dale on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

Would be easier to come with any feedback if you mirrored the ship. Anyway for what it is worth, it does look good, just that the front end is somewhat repetive.

Edit - Now as you have mirrored it i must say it does almost look like a knife. Maybe some stuff should stick out of the armor to break it up somewhat?
Go Go GO!!!
ReIncarnate
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by ReIncarnate »

something along of the lines of a star destroyer?

anyways that thing looks pretty sweet, thanks for sharing

I'm guessing that you will be color that thing later, so I won't say anything about it being a dull grey.
DarchZero
Commander
Commander

Post by DarchZero »

EDIT: Right.
Last edited by DarchZero on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

^worthless troll post detected (if that was accidental ok then)
:x
@the ship looks fairly interesting everything is generally fine in the front. But the back seems like it could use a little more structure and armor and thrusters :D. Also are you gonna color it?
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

DarchZero wrote:That looked close-to-exactly like my ship! No offense, but seriously. I made a ship for the BSF metagame, and pow, you surprised me with this.
The hull configuration is common. Have you ever seen Star Wars? This type of ship has been made by members of the BSF community (I can't be certain, but I even recall Danny making such ships in the past) since long before you got here. So do me a favor and shove your baseless accusations up your ass, and quit insulting well-respected members.

As far as the ship goes, I'm not terribly fond of the shape. However, so far, section choice seems excellent, and that core piece is one of the neatest I've seen. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Can't say I like the vagina core or the repetitive spine, but I dig some of the design, particularly the nose cone. Noses can be one of the trickiest things to get right. I'll be interested to see what color scheme (if any) you decide to give it.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Updated the ship and rearranged the thread a bit. She's done!
ReIncarnate
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by ReIncarnate »

that's great man! your tac nukes look like evil faces, was that intentional?

a bit of noobish nitpick here but your ablative armor makes the ship's outline look jagged, I don't know what effect you are going for, so I won't pass my judgement yet
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Very good Danny, the Quake symbol on the front and back is a nice touch. The only thing I dislike about the ship is the outlining, I think the ship would look better without it personally.

I also really like your custom sprites and I am eagerly awaiting a download.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

While the repetition can't be avoided, I'm surprised how well you were able to use the custom sprites for the outline and some of the insides in a way that doesn't a tremendously negative outcome on the design as a whole.

The doodads are a nice touch, icing on the cake.

I'm not too sure about the back engine placement, seeing as other inspirations have them at the bottom of the ship rather than above. What will it look like if you depth them underneath the far back stern edges?
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

I think it looks purdy cool, but I really don't like the section 4s all around the outline of the ship, I know they serve as ablatives but I think you could have done something else with them, to complement the straight lines in the internals.
erdrik
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by erdrik »

Pff. I like the ablative outline.
Looks exactly like what it is, protective armor plating.
The only thing I don't like is that the Guns seem too big to me.
But thats opinion, and you said something about wanting them that way. :wink:
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

O rly?

Action!

25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Nice ship! Different from anything I have seen so far. You somehow spammed stuff but still made the ship look great.