Charging our collective L.A.S.E.R

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Charging our collective L.A.S.E.R

Post by ragamor »

Firing beam at Battleship forever forum.

Beam hit forum for 200 damage.

I have done a lot of schoolwork while i was gone so i did not have any time to make any ships, but now school is soon finished and i got a whole lot of time again.
While surfing this forum i saw a few people who made terran battlecruiser, and i wanted to try that as well. The parts are made in illustrator and copy - pasted into photoshop to scale down while sharpening.
Go Go GO!!!
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

I guess this is kind of a Silent agreement but it's just not right to use sprites that don't even look like BSF sprites. And this is a direct copy which makes it look like a rather lazy job.
Still I would like to see more of this. Maybe with more it will be fun to set up battles against this kind ships.
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

maarten wrote:lazy job.
You have no idea how mush time that tok me to make, everything is made by me with illustrator.

And who said ships has to made with standard parts :P

Edit: It is not a direct copy btw.
Go Go GO!!!
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

maarten wrote:I guess this is kind of a Silent agreement but it's just not right to use sprites that don't even look like BSF sprites.
Wait, wha?
Have you seen the Fraxy sprites? Warning Forever sprites? This is pure, processed, refined bullshit.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Sponge wrote:
maarten wrote:I guess this is kind of a Silent agreement but it's just not right to use sprites that don't even look like BSF sprites.
Wait, wha?
Have you seen the Fraxy sprites? Warning Forever sprites? This is pure, processed, refined bullshit.
Fraxy and WF have something in common with BSF, this doesn't.
That really added something to the thread.[/sarcasm]

Thing is This ship must be build up from about 20 parts to function correctly in BSF. That's the problem.
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

maarten wrote: Fraxy and WF have something in common with BSF, this doesn't.
And whats the problem? It is spirites importet into BSF, just like all other parts that are player made, only difference is that these parts are made with illustrator, not paint.

maarten wrote: Thing is This ship must be build up from about 20 parts to function correctly in BSF. That's the problem.
Works fine here.
Go Go GO!!!
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

I mean that BSF, Fraxy and WFships are destructible, it should be damn hard to make this thing look good and destructable. If you did pull it of, which I now presume, the ship should indeed function. My idea was that the ship would have been fragile. Like maybe 5 or 9 sprites total.
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

Get your point now. But it is not that bad, seing it is only a little bigger then Heslia and Heslia got only 6 parts.
Go Go GO!!!
Hades
Commander
Commander

Post by Hades »

Don't listen to maarten, he's spouting pure bullshit. You can use sprites that do not look like BSF sprites and you can have a ship with under 20 sprites.

The ship itself looks nice, though it seems like it's a tad bit too wide.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Honestly, I really like this ship. Never played starcraft, but it brings back memories of the old top down arcade games I used to play. In my opinion ships with only one or very few sections are fine, you just need to tweak your ship stats to suit your preferred style of play. Any plans on potential armament?
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

I was thinking a beamer with added strenght and cooldown on the front with 2 particle guns for defence and 4 blasters on the wing cannons. It is also a slow ship, so it is vurnable to fast ships.
Go Go GO!!!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

maarten wrote:I guess this is kind of a Silent agreement but it's just not right to use sprites that don't even look like BSF sprites. And this is a direct copy which makes it look like a rather lazy job.
Still I would like to see more of this. Maybe with more it will be fun to set up battles against this kind ships.
maarten, maarten, maarten...
The Rules wrote:Shipyards Specific Rule: Criticism
Don't dish out criticism until you've made enough "good" ships to know what you're talking about.

Don't behave like your word is law and that all ships must be made and balanced to your specifications.

Don't try to force your building styles on others.

If you don't have any useful negative commentary (ie, pointing out parenting errors), don't comment.
If I see you spouting this kind of design bullshit again, you will earn yourself a nice fat warning. Got that? :)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
GATC
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by GATC »

Can we see that "in-battle"? when it was damaged.

It was not bad at all but his wing are, for me, "weak", not as large as it must be.

Good continuation, did you do other ship like that?
Beware! I have a Pinkie Pie launcher!
(When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.)
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

don't quite understand you GATC but i'll try to get you a ingame picture.

It is the first ship i have made in that style, it was really a totaly wild experiment on how to make better looking ships for a small game i'm making in python. If im going to make another ship then maybe i'll try Heslia or a different type of ship that i might add to my own game.
Go Go GO!!!
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Reminds of good-old-starcraft times...You only need to add tons of zerg-like ships to oppose...
Just kidding. the ship looks cool, yet the screenshot shows that wings are completely made of 1 part. Which is bad for the ship in battle.
Still it looks slightly plain.
The thrusters "in action" look much better than in static.
7\10 IMHO
I don't give a damn.