BlackMetalZivon's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

BlackMetalZivon's Ships

Post by BlackMetalZivon »

Tiger

King Tiger

Mekanos

I-400

I'll be adding more ships later on.
guilee186
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by guilee186 »

First thing I'd like to point out.

Those sections are stretched horribly. The Aegis is in it's default white, and it's very distracting, even painful.

Next, the sections are not well used. It's cluttered and the usage is terrible. There are holes in many places, most of them unsightly.

Finally, the colour of those green things are, to say the least, almost invisible. I recommend a lighter shade, or not use green at all. There is also weapon spam, but I'll leave it to the more qualified ones to critique.
Congratulations. You're a textbook definition of a troll. -Danny
~Armored Core is to Cosmicbreak like Starcraft II is to World of Warcraft.~
BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Could you be more specific in your critique?
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

It's hard to be specific when your ships are just repeats of the same mistakes on a different scale.

But I'll try:
-You use too much Aegis.
-Your sections are horribly overstretched.
-Stock white Aegis is ugly I mean really, really, really ugly.
-In fact it's probably the ugliest thing on can do.
-Did just notice you use Aegis and SEVEN standard deflectors? (KT)
-Drop the Aegis, unstretch the sections and try again.
-Could you do me a little favour? Could you please send me the Tiger? (The .sb3 file) I want to try something.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

the ships look overgunned, too.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

To each his own.

For all we know he might be going for weapon spam.
Although I'd do it with blasters and guns.
BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I guess my view of overgunned/undergunned is different from most members of this forum. Same with Deflectors and Aegis Deflectors.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Section wise these ships are skinny and lack detail, try to improve ship hulls first, then go on to weaponry and other stuff.
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

BlackMetalZivon wrote:I guess my view of overgunned/undergunned is different from most members of this forum. Same with Deflectors and Aegis Deflectors.
You're also severely less-experienced than most members of this forum, which shows... Oh yes it shows...

Section usage is horrid, there's no flow, pieces just stand out like a junkyard somewhat shaped like, well... something... It doesn't look like a ship, there's a front, sure, but only because you Aegisd it out the bazoof!
It's overgunned, but not to the point of horror, so I won't comment there. Colours are awful and monotone. It's pretty much pure blue, and those green connectors are a sign that you've never heard of a Colour Wheel.

http://www.colormatters.com/colortheory.html

Now that you have, seriously overhaul the colours. Also, the stretching is an eyesore. If you find yourself stretching a section more than three taps of the stretch-buttons, you can bet it'll get ugly. These ships are no exception.
Salute otsam ee nashem dedum -
Zahvietum eekh fsigdah vierney.
Tepierre nichtoh, nee astanoivit,
Pabiedney shark, radnoy straney.
BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Contrary to what you say, I have heard of a Color Wheel. I just don't care enough to use it half the time.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

I opened this thread and instantly Facepalmed. :roll:

Ok, one good point: Your concepts you come up with in your mind look interesting, it's just the execution that ruins it! Section stretch like hell, horridly clashy colors, and BRIGHT WHITE AEGIS. Here's a hint: If you're gonna Aegis your entire ship, tone down the color to nearly invisible. Recolor your weapons, modules, and Booster effects as well.

Hmm, another thought: Flip the King Tiger around, build it around Hestia-size, and add only maybe a coupla gunz forward-firing. Basically a bigass fighter. :)
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Oh and by the way: If you press ¸(the letter left of 1) and press numbers 1-4 you can access more sections.

Oh and it's usually a good idea to have the core in the center of the ship.
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Brain Damage. 100 damage to anyone coming into the thread.

1. If you make a screenshot, press F9 and then drag a rectangle around the area you want to shot.
2. Do not Stretch parts. Try to keep them all in one "size"
3. Aegises look horrible, if you don't know how to use them. btw, If you add them for the 'pretty effect" there is "fake aegis" effect.
4. to upload ships, put them into an archive and then put them somewhere like, "depositfiles", for example... or some other service.
5. don't spoil such great names as Tiger....[that's just an advice]
I don't give a damn.
BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Warpman wrote: 1. If you make a screenshot, press F9 and then drag a rectangle around the area you want to shot.
2. Do not Stretch parts. Try to keep them all in one "size"
3. Aegises look horrible, if you don't know how to use them. btw, If you add them for the 'pretty effect" there is "fake aegis" effect.
4. to upload ships, put them into an archive and then put them somewhere like, "depositfiles", for example... or some other service.
5. don't spoil such great names as Tiger....[that's just an advice]
1. That is how I took the screenshots.

2. It usually does not matter to me how much I stretch parts.

3. I know of the fake aegis effect, I merely have yet to use it. Also, I've been changing the colors of the deflectors and sections.

4. I know how to upload files. The last time I did it was to the Ships Database. Just look for my screen name in the file name.

5. When I name a ship, it's usually whatever comes to mind at the time.

I'll likely have updates posted within the next 48 hours.

The ships I posted were actually "remakes/updates" from and older version of BSF.

Lastly:
jwa8402 wrote:they are negative to almost everyone thats new.
WHY???
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

A bunch of unstretched sections carefully arranged in a shape can outdo a handful of sections that have been stretched to accommodate the same shape.

Give it a try.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.