Imperator Pavel I's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should I keep with this style?

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes: 28

AllStarZ
Captain
Captain

Post by AllStarZ »

Your ships are gradually becoming worse and worse.

The best piece of advice I can offer you is not to stick on shape after shape, never to overstretch your sections, and to start everything in one colour before you actually go on to colour them.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Actually... I think you should completely avoid stretching sections until you are absolutely certain you can actually make a decent ship. Very few people on this forum can make stretched sections look ok, in my opinion. Unless you are a shipbuilding god, its best to avoid it altogether.

I actually rather like the transparency of those sections... but the shield thingy lacks good section usage, as always............................................ And what the hell?! Is that a fighter sprite in the rear of a ship?? It looks like you just shoved a fighter with a giant thruster up its butt. Anyway, this shape is not worth continuing with. Scrap it and lurk moar.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I'm not even going to bother critiquing the design, although like your other designs it could be fixed pretty easily. I will say that something nifty could be done in that style resembling Glass Fleet. Best suggestion is to build circuitry type sections under the transparent, so it looks like transparent armor. The ships also utilize an interesting system for their weapons; mounting a bunch of guns on a pivoting mast like device. Also protruding barrels on ball joints...
Imperator Pavel I
BANNED

Post by Imperator Pavel I »

Kanosint wrote:As AD said, except I find the colours to be horrid as well... It's from "Can't see shit" black to "Gah-my-eyes" blue and white. And the blood red is so standard it will only recieve a luke-warm 'meh' from me.
It will be worked on
Kanostint wrote:The transparancy is useless, and ugly... What was the point? Really, I'm asking this, why did you do it? There must be a reason for that, right?
The reason is to signify armor.
Kanostint wrote:The parenting... It's not HORRIBLY fucked up, but could use some cleaning... Also, I see more than a hint of sectionspam...
I usually parent my sections directley to the core, its for realism, but
Squishy wrote:Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Kanostint wrote:The angles are mostly 90°... It's boring, and makes it look like a rainbow brick of ghostshit... Also, there are too many abrupt ends. They're not even practical, let alone aesthetically appraised, so don't do that...
Will work on, I draw on graph paper, so I am used to only using 90 and 45 degree angles.
Kanostint wrote:Erm, yeah, it's not good, reset that stuff. I won't even complain about it being tiny for a Dreadnought, it'd be a minor one compared to the more important complaints.
The Dreadnoughts in the program are even smaller than this.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Imperator Pavel I wrote:
I usually parent my sections directley to the core, its for realism, but
Screw realism. Parent your sections logically.

This means parenting sections that are touching the closest section to the core, if they aren't close enough to touch the core themselves.

Think branches on a tree. The core is the trunk and the hull is the branch that connects the leaves to the trunk. The leaves are your armour bits and outmost pieces. The guns and modules are the bark that covers the trunk and branches, but never on the leaves (unless you want them shot off first).

If an inner most section of your ship is destroyed, somehow, and this loss leaves a big gap with no physical connection between some of the outer sections, something is wrong. This is why we stress logical parenting, big gaps and floating sections is stupid looking.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

There is no nice way of saying this, Pavel. So I'm not going to be nice about it. I'm going to be mean. Very mean. The only thing that sucks more cocks than this ship is your mom. And speaking of cocks, my good friend Talhydras commented that it looked like a "giant red spacedick with a huge glass condom". No, that's not a fucking compliment.

The colours are shit. The shape is shit. The section usage is shit and the transparent sections are SUPER shit. There is no single good thing about this ship. Not one.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

I am glad you take our advice at heart (unlike that other guy who won't be named).

I also draw on Graph Paper. Try to use a few more angles, 2:1 and 1:2 squares work good for that. After trying those, add some 'curve' to those angles and you'll get very interesting shapes real soon. Try to draw a few existing ships like this first (the Inspiration topic has a few good pictures to try) and then experiment some.

Oh, and transparency for Armour is a strange idea... I won't call it bad, but it's not something that should be used so carelessly. It makes it look rather frail, as opposed to solid and strong...
Salute otsam ee nashem dedum -
Zahvietum eekh fsigdah vierney.
Tepierre nichtoh, nee astanoivit,
Pabiedney shark, radnoy straney.
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

Imperator Pavel I wrote:The reason is to signify armor.
You are doing it wrong, armor is supposed to look solid, not brittle.

Imperator Pavel I wrote:I usually parent my sections directley to the core, its for realism, but
Realism? If a real ship are hit by a bomb and large chunks are torn apart, do you then see the undamaged parts hovering in the thin air?
Go Go GO!!!
Imperator Pavel I
BANNED

Post by Imperator Pavel I »

ragamor wrote:
I wrote wrote:I usually parent my sections directley to the core, its for realism, but
Realism? If a real ship are hit by a bomb and large chunks are torn apart, do you then see the undamaged parts hovering in the thin air?
The realism is how this ship was parented.

The Athena is parented like this:

Now, something else:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Imperator Pavel I wrote:The realism is how this ship was parented
May I subtly point out that we know this? And that you obviously don't? If this is a troll, then it's a fucking lousy one. I'll still bite though. The aft part of the previous ship you made was not parented correctly, and showing *us* how it's supposed to be done while you yourself have barely any clue is not helping your case.

The new ship suffers less flaws, but it's still a straight, blocky turd with the uglies wings/pods I have *ever* seen, there's no color to speak of and the sectionwork is still goddamn awful.

Personally, I've kinda had it with you. This is no longer me simply venting my frustrations of the day, this is me telling you to get the fuck out. You're not improving one goddamn bit and you're thick like a mule, so why should we still care for your presence exactly?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

This ship is indeed a big no-no.
Those wings are damn, damn ugly, and it seems you just used some random detailed sections to fill it up, the effect does not look cool, not at all.
How long do you actually take into making ships? because these are even worse than a newbie could do.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

ArcaneDude wrote:The new ship suffers less flaws, but it's still a straight, blocky turd with the uglies wings/pods I have *ever* seen, there's no color to speak of and the sectionwork is still goddamn awful.
I beg to differ.
ArcaneDude wrote:Personally, I've kinda had it with you. This is no longer me simply venting my frustrations of the day, this is me telling you to get the fuck out. You're not improving one goddamn bit and you're thick like a mule, so why should we still care for your presence exactly?
And I've had it as well. Pavel is steadily getting worse, just like EyeBurn did. Can we start a Ban Poll?

EDIT: Unfucked the quotes.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Danny420Dale wrote:And I've had it as well. Pavel is steadily getting worse, just like EyeBurn did. Can we start a Ban Poll?
Agreed.

Virtually every bit of help that was thrown at this thread has gone by the wayside. Nothing productive is ever come from this thread, and because of this, this thread has no reason to continue.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Actually as a work in progress, the most recent ship is entirely acceptable, compared to your previous works at least. I look at this and assume the wings and nose will be expanded, as they obviously have potential to be. The beam was a bit premature, although it illustrated the purpose of the gaps in the ship...

Can you make a nose that slides back and out to allow the main weapon to fire? The nose should be much more complex anyway. Also put another level of maybe 5s or 4s, overlapping the rear of the 22s and 11s. Pretty much everywhere you used Ixr 5s, you need to expand outward.

Your biggest problem on this forum, to me, is that you continually present bad designs instead of taking one and improving it till it is decent. My advice is not to build another ship until this one is fixed. If you need help, pm me and I will send you a fix for this one.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Didn't want to jump on the FLAME ON bandwagon but...too...tempting...

Pavel, would it seriously fucking kill you to look at the "Holy Ship" thread, and try to copy something there instead of throwing together a fucking turd every time? (That would be better than the shit you make now)
Would it fucking kill you to listen to what people say, and maybe learn from it? (That would make your shit slightly less shitty, and your next thing less of a shit)
Would it fucking kill you to use your peanut sized brain? (That would make it easier for you to understand where I'm going).
I guess it would, because, honestly, it looks like most people here are talking to a blind, deaf, and dumb vegetative retard.

Seriously.
Listen to what people say - when everyone's getting on to you about something, chances are you're doing something wrong.
You're going to get bumfucked in real life if you don't. And if you haven't yet, it's just a matter of time.
Everyone makes mistakes. It's part of human nature. But it's up to you to learn from them - listen to people's advice, find out what you did wrong, find out how you can fix it.
If you don't, all you'll be is...well, to put it bluntly, a fucking idiot.
Even if you don't think you've made a mistake, it doesn't hurt to reflect and find out why people may have thought you did - maybe it was a bad idea, maybe you sent the wrong message, maybe you DID make a mistake. Don't be an arrogant fool who thinks that they're king of the world. Noone is.

tl;dr version:
LERN 2 READ.