Delta's newest creations: Ships and Fleets.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

This is more like it delta :D
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

New ship: Isari-class Destroyer, T-MID Reliant

Notable Features:

Like the Kaskari, this ship features a split-engine design, with 3 separate engine blocks. This has the advantage of the ship still being able to move, if the rear is destroyed. The engine housings, like the Kaskari, are covered with armored cowlings. The ship is a projectile-centered ship, and has all it's armament consolidated to the bow of the craft.

Armament:

8x Light Kinetic Cannons.
4x Regular Kinetic Cannons.
1x Heavy Dual Blaster Turret.
2x Point Beams.

Technical Specifications:

Threat Level 210 (208.61 actual)
3x Ionic Pulse Drive.
Reinforced frontal armor.
Reinforced Engine Housings.

The Isari-class can be described as an Assault Destroyer, since it's firepower is all focused to the front, however, due to the exact description of an Assault-class designation, the Isari-class has been designated as a normal destroyer.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

*This is the post that was bumped.*

Forgot to save the Isari. Crud.

However, I have just started my half term, which hopefully means many more ships from me, and a fleet.

So, to kick off the holidays, my latest WIP which is about half completed:

The T-MID un-named.

Last edited by Deltaflyer on Sat May 23, 2009 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Double post spotted! As for the ship, i think theres a little to much green in the back in relationship to the dark grey one and the front could be a little more beefy.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

I agree with homer, your ships are fine right now, just some more meat, and they could really use a color scheme.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Ka-bump. Two posts above.
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

I do wonder why everyone's complaining about their spindly nature. Maybe they just have trouble with their metabolism, y'know? It hurts the ships' feelings to laugh at their problems.

On a more serious note, I like the spindliness, but the section usage doesn't really suit their spindly nature, so they feel a tad bland for my tastes. The later ships are much better in that area, but the latest WIP seems to fall back into the old level of blandness...
Salute otsam ee nashem dedum -
Zahvietum eekh fsigdah vierney.
Tepierre nichtoh, nee astanoivit,
Pabiedney shark, radnoy straney.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

New ship:

Deicided to just take a little break from blocky/terran ships.

qwe2432
Ensign
Ensign

Post by qwe2432 »

Deltaflyer wrote:Is this better?

kiinda like a frog lol :lol: :lol:
I WANT BIIIIIIG BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!
and CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

qwe2432 wrote:kiinda like a frog lol :lol: :lol:
Firstly, there's newer ships to comment on.

Secondly, one-liner posts fucking blow chunks.

Thirdly, the millions of exclamation points in your sig make me think you're all of eleven years old, drink WAAAAAAYYYYY too much goddamn soda, and wear your sister's panties on your head.

Last, but certainly not least, that ship looks like a frog the way my mother's rotting corpse looks like the fucking Space Shuttle.

OI, Seraph! Who let the bloody rugrats get into my pot stash again!? :roll:
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

About the new ship... There's a lot that can be said, but I'll settle for one thing. I don't like the glows. The sternmost one is relatively fine, but the ones in the middle on the sides are hideous. Not only are they almost entirely dominated by the overly-bright core, but when it does fade out to a "cooler" color it does so abruptly enough that it's barely noticeable. On top of that, the whole thing's so bright that the hull next to it is almost invisible by comparison. Admittedly it is overly dark to begin with, but next to that fluorescent atrocity it disappears entirely.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Eri gave me permission to post a ship using his awesome Anatolia sprites, so here goes:

Zeta Minoris Solar Station 2 was in orbit around Sedina, the second planet of the system, when an alert sounded. The Commander of the station, one Leroy Ingram Biggs, sounded a tactical alert and as according to standard procedure, the sheilds were raised.

He leant over the console of the station's Science Officer and peered at the screen. Something organic... in space? He ordered a view of the ship to his PDD in his seat and glanced at the ship. It was a writhing mass of organic matter, developed and grown together with a rather stunning intensity.

The alien ship seemed to study the station, closing in to less than 200 meters and almost tentatively examining the station. It streched out a tentacle from its arbitary 'main hull' and went to touch the station. However, the sheilds were configured to deflect any solid materials. Of course, the Zeta Minoris system was renowned for it's massive number of micrometeors. The sheilds flared up. This resulted in the creature recoiling, it was definatly sentience of some form. Unfortunatly, the creature seemed to regard this as an offensive action, and fired a 'pulse' of matter at the station's sheilds.

Commander Biggs silently swore as the station's hull rocked with the stress of the blast. He ordered a retaliation, and the station's 4 mini-laser 'shredders' opened fire at the creature.

They did nothing.

The creature was seen to be still for a while. The science officer glanced at Biggs. She motioned with her head for him to look at the readings she was getting. Biggs was amazed with what he saw.

The creature's organic density was increasing. The creature was already 400% more dense than it had been. The mass of it, however, had barely changed. Another tentacle rolled out and somehow pierced the shields of the station.

It plunged into the command center, and the entire command crew was killed instantly. The 'infection' as it were began soon after. The main engineering hangar of the station, where the solar condensers were used and maintained, tried to report to the bridge, with no response. The solar condenser began to flicker on and off, the normal pinky-white one moment, emerald green the next. It was as if it was infected. Soon, growths appeared on the hull and in corridors, in the next few minutes. It was insane, the simple metal of the station was yielding to this infection. It was contagious as hell, and it didn't stop growing. Fire only caused a rate of growth increase.

Zeta Minoris Solar Staion 2 was never heard from again. A Kaskari-class Battlecruiser was dispatched to see what the problem was, and contact with that was lost also. Scans, however, were transmitted back to the HQ before battle began.

Infected core:

Non-flickering core:

It fades in and out.

C&C welcome.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

I like the shape, but Red and Green doesn't look to fit for me, as well as the glow doesn't look well. Everything else is fine in my opinion.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Which glow? The one in the middle or the ones under the organic masses?
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

My latest dabblings with steampunk.

No backstory or fluff, just a plea for C&C right now.