The Novelty Weapon Collection

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Somethnig probably useful to people making nukes/HYTs/etc: Higher acceleration = higher debris speed. Too high, and it passes through so fast it won't do anything.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Like the way they do hardly anything to relatively small, light and compact ships? ;)

Worth noting, though. It'll be a knife-edge balance between finding a velocity effective against smaller craft, and yet still powerful against larger craft. On the one hand, you want enough penetration for it to do some serious mischief to big ships, but on the other hand you don't want it to overpenetrate and just pass straight through smaller targets.

Like anti infantry vs armour piercing rounds, I suppose.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Arcalane wrote:Like the way they do hardly anything to relatively small, light and compact ships? ;)

Worth noting, though. It'll be a knife-edge balance between finding a velocity effective against smaller craft, and yet still powerful against larger craft. On the one hand, you want enough penetration for it to do some serious mischief to big ships, but on the other hand you don't want it to overpenetrate and just pass straight through smaller targets.

Armor piercing rounds will blow your head off.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:
Arcalane wrote:Like the way they do hardly anything to relatively small, light and compact ships? ;)

Armor piercing rounds will blow your head off.
Anti-infantry rounds cost and weigh less. So it's more cost effective if there's no or very few armored targets.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

After a few tests, I discovered something: Weapons will not fire the first time unless the ship is completely stopped. Then, after that the weapon works fine. As a result, I am scrapping the Driver Missile. In addition, here is an updated todo list:

Pulse Missile
Tachyon Beam
blade-type weapon.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Normandy wrote:After a few tests, I discovered something: Weapons will not fire the first time unless the ship is completely stopped. Then, after that the weapon works fine. As a result, I am scrapping the Driver Missile. In addition, here is an updated todo list:

Pulse Missile
Tachyon Beam
blade-type weapon.
I already made a Tachyon Beam, called the Tachyon Trailer.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... delero.sb2

And my latest creation, the Sidwes Bratchier Bolter(yet to be unveiled), has something like a Pulse Missile. It's called the Gatling Streamer, and fires a burst of 5 one-damage Gat Pulse shots at a fire rate of 0.

Feel free to build off my ideas.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:Armor piercing rounds will blow your head off.
But armour piercing rounds will inflict less internal damage than conventional ones, however, as in some cases they pass straight through you as they're designed and shaped to pass through armour at high velocities, and flesh probably offers a lot less resistance, rather than lodging and/or shattering inside you. :) But anyway, this discussion is turning a little morbid.

Back to the missiles; test lower acceleration values. With the payload these things carry and the added speed boost on Ctrl-D, their current acceleration is a touch unnecessary.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Nova Bomb!

It's a stationary little sucker with surprisingly tough armour, although it can be shot down fairly easily by railguns. But the real kicker is that when enemies get close enough, it warps right on top of them (or close, anyway. For some reason, the Deiterling isn't too accurate on this thing), and detonates with amazing power.

Download link.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

My own attempt - the "Flying Wave Bomb" - required two to do the most hilarious thing I've ever seen to the Leviathan. They didn't quite kill it - in fact, they managed to severe almost the entire outer structure. That's right; all that's left of the Leviathan is the core and it's four gatling pulse gun turrets. :)

The Flying Wave bomb is basically a V shaped nose based on the Diagonal Base core. It has a bit of armour to protect it's heavy engines and the payload (not that the payload actually NEEDS protecting) and consists of 24 "buckshot" balls and six "needle" structures. I am adding some extra needle and wave structures to the front as bombing hardware.

EDIT: I upgraded the Flying Wave Bomb rather heavily, and it has a new name. It is the Caretaker Missile now. Because you have problems, right? It takes care of them. :)

Style inspired by the Bane from Tabula Rasa somewhat. The payload there;

28 "buckshot" spheres
6 kinetic lances
14 kinetic needles
2 kinetic blades (nose cone)
8 kinetic blocks

In essence, all payload sections have 2500 HP. The core and all non-payload sections have less than 20 HP, ideally making it easily set off by railguns.

Apparently, the Caretaker can strip the Leviathan to it's core in only one attack now. The Levi Core was left with 80 out of 600 HP. :) Making final adjustments to the design and uploading in a moment.

Obviously due to the heavy structure of the Caretaker's nose, it should be CTRL+D'd if your target does not have railguns. If they do, they'll get a nice one/two punch as the nosecone breaks off and slams them, then the rest of the core continues in.

Caretaker Missile Download

The only defense against it is point lasers.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Ixranin wrote:
Aralonia wrote:Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens?
Close enough, I think. :wink:
. . .that is bloody amazing.

On another note, I discovered personally the use of high-HP ships as missiles when experimenting with target drones with 3500+ HP and slab sides that could easily be targeted... shooting one of these multilayered drones with a railgun right at a weak spot caused all the kinetic dispersal plates to go flying at the Prinz Eugen-type battlecruiser Redoubt with a vengeance... many lives were lost that day due to a training snafu.

Unconventional warfare may soon become conventional...

UPDATE:

After testing what should have been a perfectly working flechette-type compact fragmentation warhead, R.S.Aralonia design bureaus have hit the odd problem that the individual fragments tumble while in flight towards the target drone. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, as this is space and the initial vector/velocity are retained, the pieces present themselves as larger targets for enemy point defence and also may lose effectiveness due to kinetic energy on impact being dispersed over larger areas or without "sticking" into the enemy ship hull.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

I think I have a little something that you guys will love, direct your attention to the text.

Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

How the...
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
eternalrains
Ensign
Ensign

Post by eternalrains »

Let me guess... The "Kinetic Missile" goes on top of the enemy, then hits some kind of automated self-destruct button?
SoberStickman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SoberStickman »

th15 wrote:I think I have a little something that you guys will love, direct your attention to the text.

<3
You never cease to impress us
The Boz
Captain
Captain

Post by The Boz »

Kam... what!?

Never mind the fact that you seem to like the TV show Andromeda :p