The Novelty Weapon Collection

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Comus
Commander
Commander

Post by Comus »

jwa8402 wrote:The trouble Im having with downloading is that I click the link and the window opens to save or open the file but the ok button never lights up. Usually this means its still contacting host or something but it never lights up no matter how long.
Is there a setting for how fast the outer rings rotate or is it fully dependant on how many spokes or mass there is on a given layer?
Click away from the save box without closing it, click back onto the save box. See if that helps.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

jwa8402 wrote:The trouble Im having with downloading is that I click the link and the window opens to save or open the file but the ok button never lights up. Usually this means its still contacting host or something but it never lights up no matter how long.
Is there a setting for how fast the outer rings rotate or is it fully dependant on how many spokes or mass there is on a given layer?
Is that just for the links in this thread (my problem), or all the links to the ships database (your problem :D )

I think the answer to your question is, it depends how many spokes there are in each layer, and how many spokes you turn it per frame. So if your problem is the outer layer spinning to fast, try changing how many spokes the inner layer turn per frame, which will change how much the outer layer appears to move per frame.

But you probably already know that and you mean something else. If you tell me how many spokes there are in each ring of your station, it will be easier to help.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

yay comus fixed it thanks!
grr Now my station isnt spinning at all and Im also having trouble with weapons changing arcs...any idea which setting I need to tweek to get it rotating again? didnt think I did anything...
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Well, those could mean several things, do you mean the weapons point the wrong way in use, because I don't know how to fix that. And I'm sure you tried fiddling with the turnspeed to get it turning again, so without seeing the station itself, I don't know how to help you.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Make sure acceleration is set to zero. Otherwise it will spin like a ship and not a station.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

well I got the station spinning nicely, although it doesn't have the neat outer layer spinning but thats because I didnt put enough spokes on I think.
What I mean about the weapons is that I put two quad blasters on top of eachother to form a * and sitting still they look good. In battle only one stays that way, the rest kinda clump over eachother. Im fiddling with the weapon turn speeds now but Im just not very good with numbers :x
Caboose
Commander
Commander

Post by Caboose »

Your stations scare me, simply because you got the freaking thing to rotate in two directions at once. Great job messing with numbers to make something epic!
No, wait, go back! Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?

The United Terran-Grakk'Mar Alliance Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Yup, the game isn't really meant to have the ships turn so fast, and I think what happens is the turrets aren't turned by the game engine when the ship turns, they just turn themselves to keep up. This usually works since weapons turn way faster than ships, but with these stations, the weapons are actually turned outside their weapon arcs, making it hard to make them look right. I haven't thought of any satisfactory solutions yet.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Okay, new puzzle, but you're disqualified (for now) if you were in chat on Friday, when I mused out loud if this would work.

I have an aegis spamming ship. It is completely encased in a bubble of aegises. Typically, such ships are unbeatable, unless you use a lucky 9 beamer. However, this is a special aegis spamming ship :wink: . Can you explain how to beat it without modded weapons, and how it works?

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... s/ABWF.shp
Caboose
Commander
Commander

Post by Caboose »

I know how to beat it! Surround it with stock Athena's and let the fireworks fly! Well, it worked for me at least.

The United Terran-Grakk'Mar Alliance Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

It's actually quite easy to find things to beat it with, the hard part is explaining how it works.
Caboose
Commander
Commander

Post by Caboose »

You made the Aegis sections weak?

mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Nope, that would be noobish of me to think that was new :D .

They actually have 10000, health, as do the aegis modules that power them...
Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Kinetic missile -> Core.

Done.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Yes, but did you know two number 5 enemies can can kill it??? Besides, everyone knows KMTs are worse than modded weapons, and nowhere near stock. Remember, you need to explain how stock ships can kill it.