The Novelty Weapon Collection

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Now we need to think of good ways to arm these. I've been struggling to get good looking turrets on my station, because they of course look funny when they start their 'idle rotation'. If you could get a station that incorporates all this, with a sweet-yet appropriate weapon, you'd get... I don't know, an epic cookie? Also, I think the distributive armour is cool in its own right, any ideas about it?
Idea: Keep the turning rate high, shrink them, then hide them under a non-firing demeter launcher.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Last edited by mtheminja on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Oh is it?

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object ctr_Ship:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.

Non-existing sprite? What the hell is that, anyways?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Hmmm... you should do three concentric circles. If you put enough circles around it, it'll look totally psychedelic.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Hmmm, the ship database appears to not be accepting .shp files properly, I thing the station I uploaded is an empty dud because of that. Can anyone else upload .shp files (It told me it only accepts .shp, .sb#, ect files, it might not be recognizing .shps for some reason.) And I changed the link to the .sb3 file instead for the 'jiggly jello' station now.

Was that what you got, antisocialmunky, or are you talking about the Star Station? The tricky part for that is that you need to find 2 fractions close together to make 2 rings (6/13 close to 5/11), 3 fractions close together to make 3 rings (hmmm, 6/13, 5/11, and 11/24?), 4 for 4 rings, ect. I'll try do make something like that when I find time.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Now open up one of those ships and force-destroy (both left and right mouse buttons) spokes of the wheels. Flashing wheel! =D

EDIT: OMG Force fire the beams on C2b... orgasmic! And C1 Gives a pretty cool effect =P.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

AHHHHH I demand pictures, none of the download links are working for me, and I think I get the numbers involved but I need a visual on how to design it first.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Would It be appreciated if I posted some weapon colors? Or should it go somewhere else?
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Do you mean, just the links to my ships, or both mine and Chaos's? And how are they not working? I'll see if I can get some pictures up.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

I haven't had a lot of time to make more, but I'll try some more complex stations over the next week.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Amorbis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Amorbis »

How do you make a "weapon"?
ships! lolz! XD
[quote="ChaosTheory"]I enjoy chicken. It is softly, damp and tender, during still unbelievable that grill variant. Chicken with rice is well, mustard, radish and smoked. Remember, its disk radish into hexagonally sections for maximum variant overloading. Radish is also good in salads with peanut butter, and I recommend that you grind Italian peanuts and them. Finally chicken is variously tasty food with many possibilities.[/quote]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

You can't really learn how to make a novelty weapon - it's either you can make them or you can't make them.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Amorbis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Amorbis »

Well, that's a narrow way of thinking...
ships! lolz! XD
[quote="ChaosTheory"]I enjoy chicken. It is softly, damp and tender, during still unbelievable that grill variant. Chicken with rice is well, mustard, radish and smoked. Remember, its disk radish into hexagonally sections for maximum variant overloading. Radish is also good in salads with peanut butter, and I recommend that you grind Italian peanuts and them. Finally chicken is variously tasty food with many possibilities.[/quote]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Amorbis wrote:Well, that's a narrow way of thinking...
Not sure how new you are so I will take your question literally. Each weapon and module has statistics that define its performance, such as bullet speed, reload time, damage, and range. These can be found by clicking on a device then finding the edit button next to the selection area. To make a novelty weapon is to redefine a device's manner of functioning, not just in the sense that it fires faster or does more damage, but that it acts in a way not intended, creating for all intents and purposes a different weapon.

separate question. On the gluon bolter, is there a way to just make the drones fly in one direction instead of circling around a ship or at a predetermined range? I've fooled with it but when i change the turnrate I just get drones flying out in all directions which is cool but not really what Im looking for. Any ideas or has this already been addressed?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

The trouble Im having with downloading is that I click the link and the window opens to save or open the file but the ok button never lights up. Usually this means its still contacting host or something but it never lights up no matter how long.
Is there a setting for how fast the outer rings rotate or is it fully dependant on how many spokes or mass there is on a given layer?