Xynus's stuff.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Xynus's stuff.

Post by Xynus »

Klaue
its armament consists of two sabot cannons, four partical cannons, two weasels, and one megabeam. mega beam has 0 alpha and is positioned over the core. the top part of the core rotates. (the one thast has four "slices" missing) thank-you paramecium kid for giving me an idea for the name. it's now the German word for Claw.

Urimos
an armored ship that uses a new type of material for the blue-ish plating. it is very heavy, and very strong, but the small ship's thrusters can only move it so fast. armed with a repeating artillary and two blaster cannons. the artillery's movement is limited by the structure of the ship, and has been modified to have a shorter reloading period, and faster firing rate.
Last edited by Xynus on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I was going to say, "What kind of name is the Potter?" And then I saw the edit. :lol:

I like the glows and the core. Section usage is nice except the section under the weasel. Weapons are placed nicely. I'm not a fan of the shape but I have no say in that. So basically good ship.

Wait... what is that green line on the front of the Kae_mecha45?
Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xynus »

Doodad. full line thing
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

We could go into Latin and call it "Baryonyx" ("Heavy Claw").
Yes, I know that's a dinosaur name.
Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xynus »

*cough* new ship. Urimos! named for umm... gibberish off the top of my head. oh, and i fixed up Klaue a bit, since it had a part that seemed to be missing something before.
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

pretty nice ships.
second one is slightly flat, but the first one is awesome. GREEEEN.
I don't give a damn.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I actually find the small blocky ship intruiging in style. Not because of what you've done with it, but because of what you *could* do with the whole concept of a detailed superstructure with larger plates of armour over it. Look at Eri's Dimensionripper for an excellent execution on a larger size. The ship itself is simple, but I can't bring myself to dislike it.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xynus »

just a quick question, should i continue making ships more like the first one, or second one?
Last edited by Xynus on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

you are to decide. :D
I don't give a damn.
Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xynus »

Animus
a sort of "Cyborg" ship(living&non-living). thanks to kaelis for the mech section pack. I made all the sprites for the reactor/core area(big whoop).

and yeah, this means i'll be making ships mainly like Klaue for now, unless i get a huge bit of inspiration for another steampunk section ship.
Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xynus »

The Koriah
medium-sized alien-ish ship thing. scatterbeam is enhanced greatly. it has tachyon repeaters, sidewinders, and a mega beam.

pre-armor version
it has things and stuff. no weapons either.

this was an attempt at combining the styles of my previous ships. i like it.
Last edited by Xynus on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

They're awesome!

I want those sprites!

If you could just switch the ships' lengths and widths these would be perfect!
Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xynus »

here's those sprites then, 2500st: http://www.mediafire.com/?2zzynf0jmme

the detail-less one is the glow. i normally set it to 1 spread, 5 glow, and 0.13 alpha, but do whatever you want with the fake aegis effect.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Well damn, some really cool stuff here. I really like the style of Urimos, but all of them are great - and most importantly, very original. I applaud you - especially since you're a newcomer.

Add some color to the last two, make a few more, perhaps one or two bigger ships, and its a holy ship :wink: