Aiaxi Epidemic - New Fleet in Progress

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Isu wrote:what do you mean no continuity other than the colors... theyre all poky alienish ships, what more do you want in continuity? lol
Similar structural design? Most of them are pointy, sure, but that doesn't make them look like a continuous fleet. I've said this before, I know, but I'll say it again because it seems you're having trouble with the concept. Why would an advanced, space-faring race reinvent the wheel with each new ship? When you have effective technology, you reuse it or build upon it. You might tack some extra armor here or a unique weapon set there, but when the only similarity throughout your entire fleet is color and somewhat similar section usage, you're not forming your fleet logically. Continuity is by no means a requirement, but if you don't utilize the concept, and you declare a grouping of ships a fleet, you won't get particularly high marks from me. Take that as you will; I don't feel this revelation will be particularly crushing to your motivation.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

VNilla wrote:In the backstory, has Aiaxuvesh become some sort of intelligent, sadistic computer (à la GLaDOS and HAL 9000) that wants to hunt down the remaining Aiaxi to kill/enslave them, or is it just a corrupted machine that's essentially a ticking time bomb that could blow at any moment? (Either way, I agree that the Aiaxuvesh ship/station needs to be larger and more evil-ish. And did you give it a bunch of those hidden uber-railgun thingies or just that one measly Demeter?)

Backstory nitpick:
Isu wrote:The Aiaxi were a peaceful race of human scholars, craftsmen, scientists and merchants.
Wait, Aiaxi = Humans? Please explain.
Aiaxi = citizens of Aiaxes, regardless of race/species/ethnicity. Humans are the racial majority there.

No... I only gave Aiaxuvesh a superwank demeter... will give it railbeams though. It looks a little too much like a borg cube right now though, I'd like to change at least that similarity to the borg.

I'll just make something up on the spot. Aiaxuvesh, after recieving the Yafrenev Virus, became extremely eratic and unstable, and could crash at any time, but was extremely intelligent. It's fleet is rampaging across the galaxy in an attempt to find a way to stabilize itself, if that makes any sense.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Bump!

Redesigned Aiaxuvesh
Redesigned Plague, Contagion, Blightgate, and Acolyte for more "continuity"
Added Aiaxi Infector