Aiaxi Epidemic - New Fleet in Progress

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Isu
Captain
Captain

Aiaxi Epidemic - New Fleet in Progress

Post by Isu »

This is a new fleet I've been working on for a few weeks casually. Enjoy, CC welcome.

The Aiaxi Epidemic began in the quiet star-nation of Aiaxes. The Aiaxi were a peaceful race of human scholars, craftsmen, scientists and merchants. Aiaxes' most prized creation was Aiaxuvesh, a super-computer thousands of times more powerful than any other in existence. It was so powerful that it was able to manage every mechanical function in the whole solar system. The nation of Aiaxes prospered for thousands of years thereafter, always upgrading Aiaxuvesh.

They never could have foreseen the the coming civil war. The government had been turned into a totalitarian military dictatorship after the election of Tekrun Eishenov as Solar President. A large sect of un-indoctrinated, freedom-loving citizens, led by renegade military officer Tephren Yuranesh seceded from Aiaxes and became the Aiaxi Free Republic. A long and bloody civil war soon followed. The AFPR was wearing thin and grew desperate. Then, an AFPR scientist, Heail Yafrenev, got a brilliant idea. Aixes, under Eishenov, claimed Aiaxuvesh shortly after the secession. The AFPR would simply administer a virus to Aiaxuvesh, and Aiaxes would be thrown into disarray.

After almost a year of ultra-secretive hacking operations and research, the virus was finally installed into Aiaxuvesh. However, the virus did not work as planned. It caused a malfunction, rather than a complete shutdown. Aiaxuvesh went completely berserk, seizing control of most of Aiaxes' mechanical devices. Eishenov and his regime were soon wiped out, but the people of the AFPR were in grave danger.

They escaped, but barely, and with heavy casualties. They were reduced to nomadic refugee colonies and scattered military bases, always on the run from Aiaxi Epidemic, as it came to be known.

Plague Drone Deployment Cruiser - Will be making color changes to this one.

Pandemic Battlecruiser - The first ship to utilize prototype "Rail Beam" technology. Research is still being done to perfect this weapon.

Acolyte Kamikaze Drone - Can be deployed from Plague Cruisers and Blightgates. Essentially a kinetic missile.

Blightgate Offensive Battlestation - Mobile (VERY slow) station equipped with a heavy duty Acolyte deployer.

Contagion Attack Frigate - Heavy frigate armed with two light rail beams.

Aiaxuvesh - This is not the final design, mind you.

Aiaxi Infector - A ship designed with for the sole purpose of infecting enemy ships' systems with the Yafrenev virus.
Last edited by Isu on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Cool colouring on those ships, makes them come alive if you know what I mean. The shape is very organic but has the gray metal parts wich makes it look like some sort of corrupted ship.
Anyways that just all IMO
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

You got an uncolored Nanomatrix on that second ship.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

I know :P i mentioned that in the post and i'll fix it later today probably.
and two we find before.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

I say the first ship needs more blue down the central axis, like on the second ship, sorta like the metal is sandwiched between... whatever the blue stuff is.

Can't wait for backstory.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Lol, still tweaking the rail beams on the Pandemic so that they're not totally "OMGWANKBEAMPEWPEW!!!!"
and two we find before.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Bump!

Added new ships: Blightgate, Contagion, Acolyte.
Redesigned: Plague's color, Fixed nanos on Pandemic.

Backstory coming soon.
and two we find before.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Ooh, nice new ships. BTW, is there a reason that I can't see the railguns you were talking about (2 posts up) on the Pandemic?
~~~~~
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Oh, I hid them. I'll put a new picture with them shown, no custom sprites unfortunately... spared my self the agony of making them. Just a plain dual railgun sprite. I'll put a screen of the railbeams in action in a bit.
and two we find before.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

I don't really need a pic, I was just wondering what you were talking about.
~~~~~
~~~~~
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Oh. Basically it's a cross between a railgun and a beamer. Sort of.

Code: Select all

Turning: 0.55
Deviation: 3
Range: 2000
Damage: 20
Arc Range: 50
Fire Rate: 0
Clip Size: 25
Reload: 50
Bullet Speed: 100
Damage/hit: 10
Here's a picture:
and two we find before.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

This is a decisive improvement from your previous batch. No real trace of continuity aside from the color scheme, but a job well done regardless.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

what do you mean no continuity other than the colors... theyre all poky alienish ships, what more do you want in continuity? lol
and two we find before.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Bump!

Added backstory.
Added new ship: Aiaxuvesh. Not final design. I kinda want to make it a bit bigger and a lot more menacing.
and two we find before.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

In the backstory, has Aiaxuvesh become some sort of intelligent, sadistic computer (à la GLaDOS and HAL 9000) that wants to hunt down the remaining Aiaxi to kill/enslave them, or is it just a corrupted machine that's essentially a ticking time bomb that could blow at any moment? (Either way, I agree that the Aiaxuvesh ship/station needs to be larger and more evil-ish. And did you give it a bunch of those hidden uber-railgun thingies or just that one measly Demeter?)

Backstory nitpick:
Isu wrote:The Aiaxi were a peaceful race of human scholars, craftsmen, scientists and merchants.
Wait, Aiaxi = Humans? Please explain.
~~~~~
~~~~~