4th BP: Final Scores are up.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Fleet Entry:

The 9th Conquest Fleet of the Aquatic Patriarchal Emmisaries

The 'Aquatics' as they are simply named, are a sea-bourne species that has evolved and adapted technology from a crashed ship that landed on their planet, now known as Izrage IV. They are Dolphin-like, but they also have arms with hands located just below the neck muscles, their equivealent of a Human 'Latissimus Dorsai' muscle. This is due to their need to 'reach into' holes in the seabed to get the eggs of other species to feed upon. It may seem barabaric, but they never had evolved to eat flesh or plants. Their teeth are brittle and easily smashed. They swallow an egg whole, where it enters one of their two stomachs. The first is like an acid chamber, where the enzymes that make up the shell are broken down into their base elements and absorbed. The second stomach is thought to be used for digesting water or other equivalent liquids.

Several Years ago, an FTL-capable space shuttle from the Space Nation known as the 'Kzinti Triumvirate' crash-landed on a planet and sunk under water. The pilot was never found, presumed to have been burned and incinerated by a breach forming in the hull during re-entry. However, the shuttle made it down to the surface and the Aquatics found it. Within a few years, their scientists had cracked the secrets and mechanics of FTL travel and began to build their first vessels.

But, disaster struck. A passing Gol Warship was in the system, when the Aquatics made their first FTL flight. Drawn to possibly looting the technology of another species, the Gol occupied the Aquatics homeworld. They left after 4 months, but the Aquatics were shaken and had learnt a lesson. Trust no-one.

From that moment onwards, all Aquatic ships were equipped with a new and un-orthodox method of inflicting damage. It was known as a 'Phalantium Wave', a form of energy absorbtion that was transmitted at high-speeds through enemy armor, destroying their innards. It used the whole ship, with emitters all over their hulls, the Aquatics began to cut a swathe through all the systems they explored.

Ships of the Aquatics

The 'Fighter'

The 'Corvette'

The 'Assault Corvette'

The 'Destroyer'

The 'Light Cruiser'

The 'Cruiser'

Download the ships: http://www.uploadjockey.com/download/56 ... cships.rar

Sprites needed:

Ixranin's Sprites,
Fraxy Sprites,
BH Sprites,
Kae Alien, Kae Generic and Kae Misc sprites.

The Cruiser is also my original ship entry.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Well, here is my fleet entry. After producing a total failure of a back story I decided to throw the piece of shit that it was out the window and submit my fleet without it. It will probably cost me a place, but what ever.

The Republic of Deca: Deca Defence Force

Aeneas-Class Interceptor fighter drone

Zetes-Class Heavy Corvette

Zethus-Class Anti-Fighter/Multi-Beam Corvette

Perseus-Class Anti-Capitol Beam Frigate

Cyncus-Class Anti-Capitol Destroyer

Sarpedon-Class Missile Destroyer

Cuchullain-Class Multirole Destroyer

Rhadamanthus-Class Attack Carrier

Amphion-Class Heavy Cruiser

Dardanus-Class Dreadnought

Gilgamesh B-Class Flagship/Heavy Dreadnought

Sprites you will need:
Blackhart's Sprites
DannyDale's sprites
Eri Knight pack
Melv's turret pack
Melv's BEEAAMU! pack
Ixra's sprite pack
Acranedude's sprite pack
Kaelis' sprite pack
Fraxy fx pack

Download(Encounter Included):
http://filesmelt.com/Filehosting2/downl ... f_Deca.zip

If I have forgoten any sprites in my list or if the download does not work for what ever reason PM me and I will attempt to fix the problem.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

POLL'S CLOSED, GENTLEMEN.

Ship entries are now officially closed. The judges now have three weeks, that is untill the 21st of July to finish their judging. The sooner the better, of course. Critisize away, gentlemen!
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

Am I the only one having problems downloading bl3d4's ship? I have the other original ships done and I'll post the results after I get bl3d4's judged.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Indeed, I am having problems downloading bl3d4's ship as well. The sprites download fine, however.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

Yep. bl3d4, could you reupload your ship please? It seems like the file is gone from the server. Thanks.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

So sorry for the trouble. everyone, it seems that Mediafire doesn't like me very much.

New Upload link:http://www.mediafire.com/?mijz4yjbutj

Like before, place the extracted files in C:\Program Files\Battleships Forever\Custom Ships\Project Requiem

K. Thx.

EDIT FOR STUPIDITY:

Whoops...again.

Wrong ships. I've given up on Mediafire, too

http://filesmelt.com/Filehosting2/downl ... nought.shp

http://filesmelt.com/Filehosting2/downl ... nought.sb4

:oops:
Last edited by bl3d4 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

They're obviously referring to the Excalibur, you dimwit. :?
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Whoops...again.

It seems that the system is preventing me from posting URLs, if I try to do so, the message appears blank.

Please copy the websites below and paste it to your browser. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK, doing so will lead you to a non-existing file.

http://filesmelt.com/Filehosting2/downl ... nought.shp

and

http://filesmelt.com/Filehosting2/downl ... nought.sb4

Sorry for all the trouble I've caused. Thank you.

Ed: Fixed the links - Arc.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Original Ships Judging

My judging goes like this: starting score is zero, and for everything that's good you get either 1 or 2 points more. Things like colors and sectionwork are +2, and ship-specific things are +1. I may stretch things a bit of course.

Inferno Beam Cannon (Danny420Dale)

Aesthetics

The overall shape of this ship is quite pleasing [+2] and I'm digging the spikey gravitic blades [+1]. Colorwork is as it should be for a ship named Inferno [+2], and for once I don't hate the recoloured weapons [+1]. In other areas, however, this ship is simply lacking in subtlety. The glows and the shield are far too bright and it's a venerable shame that the thrusters aren't orange or red. That, and they're excessively large as far as exhausts go. Total: 6/10.

Originality

A huge beamcannon isn't exactly an original concept. I haven't seen too many that can actually move and be dandy around the map like a rabid kangaroo, so I guess that's something :p [+1]. As I said, gravblades are neat [+2]. The backfiring linked beam is interesting, I can't seem to identify it's purpose though. Preventing SURPRISE BUTTSECKS perhaps [+1]. The shape is something else, too. Rotate it 90 degrees downwards and it'll look like some creature that just escaped from hell. Neat [+2], intentional or not. Flashing effect is also something [+1]. Total: 7/10.

Creativity

This is unfortunately where things go wrong in your case. From afar, the ship looks all nice 'n glowy, but upon closer examination the sectionwork is...substandard. Around the centerline it's all a little cluttered. The wings are okay [+2], though not spectacular either. You can do far better than this, spend more time on cleaning your ship up before you add glows 'n things. Good section usage for the drive blades, though [+1]. Also a decent job on the outer lines [+1]. Total: 4/10

Functionality

This is how a gun should be. A massive shield on the front [+2], lots of point defenses, and decent support weapons [+1]. Aft firing defensive beam is a plus. [+1] The massive spam of missiles and the fragile gravblades make it a little less credible however. Total: 4/5.

Backstory

It's pretty short huh? I can't really get the hots for another asskicking megasuperduperuber GUN IN SPACE. Cooperation with SIUS is interesting [+2], though otherwise this backstory is just a weapons listing. Total: 2/5.

Summary
Aesthetics: 6/10
Originality: 7/10
Creativity: 4/10
Functionality: 4/5
Backstory: 2/5

Total: 23/40

Orbital Sword (EriErin)

Aesthetics

It's pretty. Very good shape [+2], excellent usage of glows [+2] and the colorwork is very nice [+2]. The formshell is really something [+1] and the usage of antennaes and detailed sections 'n shit for the outlining and on the outer hull is very good [+1]. There's two things I don't like: the excessive fuel rods and the lateral shield. I know this is for protecting the blade when it cuts, but it just doesn't look good. Total: 8/10.

Originality

It's a giant sword. In space [+2]. It actually works [+2]. Goddammit. The shape is really something I've never seen before, so good job at that [+2]. The formshell is also really neat [+1]. Total: 7/10.

creativity

Very good section usage overall [+2] and some extremely interesting assemblies [+1]. Very good use of detailed sections for the outlining [+1] and all the triggering to get the thrusters right and to let it swing deserves +2 [+2]. Some of the lines flow very well and it just look very machine-ish [+1]. I'm also digging that core assembly [+1]. Total: 8/10.

Functionality

There's not much reference here, but the sword looks a little thin at the hilt, structure wise. It looks like the rotational force might snap it. The exposed fuel rods on a blade meant to bash into other ships are also a really bad idea. I like the little thrusters on the blade itself though [+1] and making it rotate around it's core is also a very good idea [+1]. Decent support weaponry [+1] and a very strong shield make it look pretty tough on the other hand [+1]. Total: 4/5.

Backstory

WORLD WAR II IN SPAAAAACE [+1] :p. A fun read, overall [+2] and the history subsection is a nice touch [+1]. Total: 4/5.

Summary
Aesthetics: 8/10
Originality: 7/10
Creativity: 8/10
Backstory: 4/5

Total: 31/40

Nasarii class cruiser (VeronW)

Aesthetics

The external shape is okay [+2], but you're really using too much outlining. The ribbed armour is an interesting touch [+1] and the colorscheme fits the ship [+2]. Sectionwork is...semi-decent, but I just can't bring myself to give you 2 points for it in this case, so [+1]. Needs less outlining, some better glows, thrusters, doodads,...wouldn't 've hurt either. Total: 6/10.

Originality

The ribbed armour and the shape are new to me, so [+1] and [+2] respectively for those. Otherwise, there's very little original to this. No spectacular finds, no smashing colors, no amazingly inventive weapons... It's your run-off-the-mill Covenant-ish alien ship. Total: 3/10.

Creativity

I could say that the ribbing is creative [+1], but otherwise there's very little creative, except maybe the outlining [+1]. That doesn't really mean it looks good either. What I do find interesting is the front assembly. It's not spectacular, but it's got something [+1]. Total: 3/10.

Functionality

It looks tough, which is what you'd expect from a cruiser [+1]. The sleekness gives it a sense of speed [+1] and the ribbed armour adds to the toughness [+1]. Otherwise, there's very little to say here. This looks like a ship that's supposed to attack front-first, but only two of the Particle Rifles can actually face forward. Of course this is compensated by the twinbeam, but still, you have guns up front that can't face forward. The ratio light/heavy guns is also...not as it's supposed to be. No longer range weapons, although the PD will save your day somewhat. Total: 3/5

Backstory

It's...generic to say the least. Not necessarily bad, but just...generic. You could have done a lot with the whole Alliance - Saitek conflict, and you didn't which I think is a venerable shame. Total: 2/5.

Summary
Aesthetics: 6/10
Originality: 3/10
Creativity: 3/10
Functionality: 3/5

Total: 17/40

Excalibur class Command Dreadnought (bl3d4)

Aesthetics

Oh dear. This sectionwork is horrendous .-. , the colorscheme is nonexistant (it looks like a christmas tree on my comp) but since the intentional, original scheme on your screenshot is decent I'll give you [+1]. The doodads add absolutely nothing to the ship, and what's with the huge flat sections on top of a bunch of detailed ones? And the right angles that haven't even been covered up? And the massive circle in the center of an otherwise blocky ship? This thing's thrusters have even huger exhausts than danny's, a.k.a ludicrously huge. What I do like is how you did the massive main cannon [+1] even though it's probably too large for a ship this size. The small engine pods are also okay [+1] but otherwise, this is absolute and utter tripe. Total: 3/10.

Originality

Triggerwork is decent [+2] and the massive turret with the heat waste thingies is something [+1]. Otherwise, it's pretty generic. I could call the huge and unnecessary forward thrusters original, but I won't. Why? Because they have absolutely no reason for being RIGHT IN THE CENTERLINE. Somehow this ship is succeeding in making me agitated. Total: 3/10.

Creativity

Hold on, I *think* I smell some creativity here...oh wait no it's my feet. Detailed sections mixed with big flat ones to create...lumps of lines and pixels that form right angles and AAAAH. Okay, seriously now, the only creativity I can find is the main gun [+1] and maybe the small engine blocks [+1]. Otherwise, it's about as creative as a white piece of paper. Total: 2/10

Functionality

I'm glad the arms are retractable, otherwise they'd've been very fragile [+1]. It has a huge gun and some smaller support guns, good arrangement for a dreadnought [+1] but the antennae are horribly exposed and the gun mount is...half of the ship? It also looks very thin in places. Total: 2/5.

Backstory

This backstory would have been decent if not for two things: how can one ship hold up against 100 others even if it's your average H4xx0rnought? Plus, why is the Admiral so terrified by his own damn ship? These are two things that make it a lot less plausible. Otherwise, it's...okay, I guess. Score: 2/5.

Summary
Aesthetics: 3/10
Originality: 3/10
Creativity: 2/10
Functionality: 2/5

Total: 12/40

Anvil Of Stars (Aganrmu)

Aesthetics

This ship could have been very, very nice. The whole asymmetry idea was a good one [+1] and some parts of this ship are very well made [+1]. I like the outer shape [+2] but the repetition really draws from the whole concept. The Harpoon gun's railgun-inside-beamer would have looked pretty nifty if not for a timing mistake that makes it look ridonculous. I have to say that the gun itself and it's mount look interesting, even with the repetition. Total: 5/10.

Originality

A space whaler. Now that is truly something I've never seen before [+2]. I love the idea of a massive harpoon cannon [+1], and making it asymmetric was a good idea [+2]. I could say that the row upon row of armour is original, but it still doesn't look good. Total: 5/10.

Creativity

See, this is where things go really wrong. Repetition? Na-ah. Using huge flat sections to be the basis for said repetition? Na-ah. You've done a good job at the gun mount [+1] and I'm seeing some interesting parts near the front, especially the docking / towing area [+1]. The railgun-inside-beamer is a nice try, even if it failed [+1]. But as I will keep saying, far too much repetition and shoddy section usage as a result. Total: 3/10.

Functionality

See, this is where things go really right. Massive harpoon? Check [+1]. Towing area? Check [+1]. Light defensive weapons? Check [+1]. Slow and bulky, with lots of room for the processed whale? Check [+1]. Good job. Total: 4/5.

Backstory

A space whaler converted into a warship doesn't seem very plausible, but I can see why they'd choose this specific ship, especially with the massive gunmount [+1]. The whole idea of space whaling is something that's never done before [+1], and the story itself was decent as a whole [+1]. It is, however, very meager and there are a lot of things missing that could've made it far more interesting. Total: 3/5.

Summary
Aesthetics: 5/10
Originality: 5/10
Creativity: 3/10
Backstory: 3/5

Total: 20/40

Isak Sellanraa (Cycerin)

Aesthetics

Well it sure is pretty. Excellent glows usage [+2], the outer shape is also pretty good [+2] and I like the colorscheme [+2]. The whole reactor assembly with the rotating glow is of course a plus [+1]. Too bad some of the ship is really cluttered, especially the back areas. But then again you said yourself that they were rushed. Too bad, this could have been a brilliant ship. Total: 7/10.

Originality

I try to stay away from giving points for custom sections usage, but it has to be said: what you did with them here is really something [+1]. A beam directly powered from a reactor is a very nice idea [+1] and actually making the reactore was also a very good idea [+1]. On the other hand the concept of a massive beam toting uberwarship isn't exactly to say original. A Norwegian massive beam toting uberwarship, though, I've never seen before :p [+1]. Hell, I even love all the names for things [+1]. Total: 5/10.

Creativity

This is once again where things go right. Using a rotating section to create a rotating glow was a really nice idea [+1] and, even though most are custom, the section usage creates really interesting effects throughout the ship [+2]. The reactor and the main engine especially [+1]. The glows are excellent [+2] and I loooove the little Norse flags [+1]. Total: 7/10.

Functionality

Let's face it, this is supposed to look like a beast and it fulfills that duty with prowess [+1]. Bulky, heavy, and looking very machine-like [+1] which is always nice. It's not as cartoon-ey as most of the ships around. The furnace looks like it'll eat you if you so much as glance at it [+1]. What I find odd, however, is that the heavy gun is right at the back. You're not expecting flankers? The engines look like powerhouses and are well shielded [+1]. Total: 4/5.

Backstory

Even though it's a tad meager, it definitely has it's roots in history which was a very tactical decision with me as a judge [+1]. What I also like here is the language used [+1]. But as I said, it's short and not very descriptive of the ship's history, it's nation's, etc. The video is a nice touch [+1], even if that's a masochist thing to say in my case. Total: 3/5.

Summary

Aesthetics: 7/10
Originality:5/10
Creativity: 7/10
Funtionality: 4/5
Backstory: 3/5

Total: 26/40

Blob 03 (Secure)

Aesthetics

...I just don't find this attractive. Not in the slightest. It's like a blob of gore infected a needle thin ship. Oh wait. It *is* a blob of gore infecting a needle thin ship. Even though that's probably the idea, It's just not pretty. The sectionwork on the actual ship is okay [+2] though not spectacular and I guess you've used the custom sections to whatever potential they have [+1] but it simply as no other redeeming qualities. The colors clash immensely and the ship is, well, needle thin. The massive bulge of bloody remains isn't helping. I know this concept can be done to great effect, look at Eri's Anatolian ships. But in this case it's not working. Total: 3/10.

Originality

This is of course something else. The whole idea is fairly original itself [+2] and using those custom sections to make it look like festering with scurvy is certainly helping [+2]. I like the idea of it growing new weapons on the ship [+1]. Total: 5/10.

Creativity

Well, the usage of custom sections is certainly creative [+1] but I still can't discern any logic in their placement. The only reason why I excuse this is well, because it's supposed to be a shapeless blob I guess. The breathing function, however, is very very nice, even if a little subtle [+2]. But on the underlying ship I can't discern anything I'd call creative, except maybe the little part in the center with the orange glow underneath [+1] where the lines seem to flow far better than on the rest of the ship. Total: 4/10.

Functionality

As an infected ship, it looks functional [+2]. However. Why would the infecting being choose to nest itself outside the ship where it can be sniped off, instead of inside the protective hull? Even though the breathing animation is nice, it doesn't make much sense in space. The randomly placed extra thrusters don't work either. Total: 2/5.

Backstory

Do I have to go looking for it or something? 0/5.

Summary
Aesthetics: 3/10
Creativity: 4/10
Backstory: 0/5

Total: 14/40

Swordbreaker Drone Battlecruiser (Ixranin)

Aesthetics

Let's face it, this doesn't look like a ship, it looks like half a ship. Okay, three quarters. I simply don't like the shape. It seems illogical. Otherwise, decent section usage [+2] and the colorscheme is also nice [+2]. Good glows usage too [+2] and the shield is a nice touch [+1], especially in-game when it has the plasma-like effect. Total: 7/10.

Originality

Well, the outer shape is certainly original [+2], but as I stated before it looks awkward. Usage of finfannels earns you extra credit, meboy [+2]! The Cooling system would have been nice, but as you said it's not implemented, so no extra points. :[ The one-sided shield is a nice touch [+1] but somehow I can't help but wonder how big a part Eri's Orbital Sword played in this ship's conceivement. Total: 5/10.

Creativity

Lots of custom sections here, but well used [+1]. The animated shield is a nice touch [+1] and there's some pretty interesting section usage here and there, specifically the engine and cooling system [+2]. You're making a hangar in a way I'd've never thought of. [+2] Sadly, the ship's internal sections are all pretty dark and don't look like much more than fillers. Total: 6/10.

Functionality

It's flimsy, the shield only guards one side and the other side is extremely vulnerable for flankers as a result. Did I mention they can get directly to your core from there? And that the massive hangar is terribly exposed? On the other hand, the drones are a very plausible weapon for a starship [+1] and the engine looks very realistic as far as BSF goes [+1], but then again even that is barely protected. Total: 2/5.

Backstory

Your emperor is a git. He wants a ship designed in the shape of an already flimsy blade and is using that to defend his homeworld? I balk just as loud as your generals do, mate. That said, this backstory is quite pleasing. You have the history if the nation in it [+2], the design history and reason of the ship [+2] and it's a full fledged story, not three lines designed to repel the wild zeroes floating around [+1]. Total: 5/5.

Summary
Aesthetics: 7/10
Creativity: 6/10
Backstory: 5/5

Total: 25/40

Infringement Juggernaught (DarchZero)

Aesthetics

Some of this section usage is absolutely horrendous. There's no way around it. For a mech, it's incredibly blocky. The colorscheme lacks any subtility, the glows if present are far too harsh and the outer shape in it's ship stage is simply blocky and fat. No thrusters? An exposed core? Clutter everywhere? Congrats, you've murdered the mecha sections and their whole concept with this thing. The whole transformation process looks nifty [+2]. Unfortunately, that's about it. Score: 2/10.

Originality

I haven't seen too many fully fledged mechs in this tournament [+2] and certainly none that can transform completely [+2]. The idea of having moving gunport covers was a nice touch [+1]. Sadly, everything tends to desynch after fiddling a bit. Total: 5/10.

Creativity

I'm looking for creative section usage and I'm not finding it. Creative weapons then, maybe? Nope, not there. Creative glows! Or...wait, nevermind. Overall, this ship is incredibly bland. The only creative thing I can find are the weapon covers [+2] and, once again, that's about it. Score: 2/10.

Functionality

As a mech, it does look functional, and it is. The ability to transform into a ship may be cliché, but it's there [+2]. Weapon covers to prevent them from being shot off? Check [+1]. The drones are also a good idea. [+1]. Total: 4/5.

Backstory

Congrats. You've almost made me go tl;dr. Unfortunately I'm a judge, so nyeh. I can't say it's incredibly bad. It's...decent [+2] but there are a LOT of issues. Grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes, and so on and so forth. Otherwise, the whole mad-scientist-creation-goes-bad gig isn't exactly original, and neither is the I'm-a-super-robot-and-I-misinterpret-my-primary-programming idea. Also, what gave you the right to use MY corporation among a dozen others in your backstory? Hm? That said, half of your post is redundant. The amount of 'unknown statistics' in here is just ridiculous. Also, question; why is it still named Kaelisur in the files, hm? Score: 2/5.

Summary
Aesthetics: 2/10
Creativity: 2/10

Total: 15/40

Border Station (Raul)

Aethetics

Let's face it, pretty isn't a word I'd use here. It's not bad, but some of the custom sections you've used here make it very bland. The shape is nice [+2] and the counter-rotation is a nice touch [+1]. Section usage is decent [+2], but nowhere near spectacular. The colors, however, I'm not so wild about. Total: 5/10.

Originality

Haven't seen too many stations around here, it's something people apparently have stopped doing overall [+2]. Domed cities [+1] and counter-rotation [+1] are something. Otherwise it's a fairly standard station. I still salute the docked ship [+1] and the one being constructed [+1]. Nice touch. Total: 6/10.

Creativity

Hmm. The robots are a curious little gimmick, but quite nice [+2]. Section usage overall is decent, but not good enough to warrant a point in this category. The domed cities however are [+2] and having actual cityscapes inside them is a definite plus [+1]. In all, though, it's very generic. Nothing stands out, nothing bashes me in my face yelling 'LOOK AT ME' like a psychopath with clown make-up, which is one of the things I find wholly enjoyable in ships. Total: 5/10.

Functionality

This is where you'll score good points. Shipyard? Check [+1]. Domed cities? Check [+1]. Construction bots? Check [+1]. A slight complaint, though. The domed cities give me the idea that it's a civilian station, while the massive amounts of armament point towards the military. Contradiction, anyone? One extra point for a docked ship, however [+1]. Total: 4/5.

Backstory

Once again I have to go looking for a backstory under the friggin' carpet. I simply do NOT consider one and a half line per pic a backstory. You'll get one point for the descriptions, and that's it. Score: 1/5.

Summary
Aesthetics: 5/10
Originality: 6/10
Creativity: 5/10
Backstory: 1/5

Total: 21/40

AD's Original Ships Scores

Inferno Beam Cannon: 23/40
Orbital Sword: 31/40
Nasarii class Battlecruiser: 17/40
Excalibur Command Dreadnought: 12/40
Anvil Of Stars: 20/40
Isak Sellanraa: 26/40
Blob 03: 14/40
Swordbreaker Drone Battlecruiser: 25/40
Infringement Juggernaught: 15/40
Border Station: 21/40

Top 3 Rankings:

1: Orbital Sword
2: Isak Sellanraa
3: Swordbreaker Drone Battlecruiser
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Original Ship Entries

Because I don't have nearly the same attention span or temperament as ArcaneDude as to shovel out individual points, I'll give scores and an explanation. Do note that the explanations don't show my entire thought processes into giving a specific score, only a general overview of what went on in my mind.

Also note: things in [square braces] are notes that I added after judging either due to influence from other judges or whatnot. However, with the exception of extreme cases, these notes do not impugn upon the final score, as that would not be my impartial opinion.

Judging

Danny420Dale with Inferno Beam Cannon

Aesthetics: (4/10)
Overall, not a particularly interesting ship. It's very hurtful to the eyes to stare at a glowing red blob for a while, which detracts from the overall ship. No interesting details catch my eye. Without the hurtful glows, I'd rate this higher.

Originality: (5/10)
It's a giant beam-cannon... that is strong against front and to a lesser extent side attacks, but not back attacks... and more or less has a bubble shield. Points for engines on all side, since that cuts into your functionality score. [addendum: only through AD's judging did I learn that the glowing red things on the back were 'gravitic blades', but hell, I think they are way too glowy].

Creativity: (4/10)
What strikes me as creative are the two engine pylons in the side-back, and the shape of the ship, with it's swept-forward wings. Otherwise, the rest of the design is uninspired.

Functionality: (2/5)
The engines on all sides of a ship are good, yes, but they shoot giant jets. Regardless of how realistic, they doesn't look good on your ship. The laser looks uninspired (the ship is based around it...), and the rest of the weapons are, in lieu of a better word, boring. As well, bubble shield looks retarded when fired upon.

Backstory: (1/5)
Not very engaging. Might be me not keeping up with BSF history, but I have no clue what you're talking 'bout.

Total: (16/40)

EriErin with Lunarian RH-08 Orbital Sword-class Experimental Battlecruiser

Aesthetics: (7/10)
Great attention to detail, and good use of outlining. I did feel that the ship felt kind of cluttered at points (esp. the center point of the blade), though the ship flowed smoothly. The silhouette of the ship was kind of bland, though understandably it is a sword in space. Excellent use of glows, color scheme is good.

Originality: (8/10)
It's a giant sword in space, 'nuff said. Armaments complement sword, giving a more believable idea of a ship. Very well executed.

Creativity: (7/10)
The sword mechanism itself is made pretty well and I like the glow that occasionally passes over the ship. Little pieces here and there add to the effect of the ship (e.g. fuel rods!). Overall sectioning does not catch my eye, though that might just be me.

Functionality: (5/5)
Really does what it says on the label. A battlecruiser that also functions as a giant sword. Sword mechanics are, once again, very well done. As well, the reactor assembly with related parts is also pretty good.

Backstory: (4/5)
It's a backstory. Entertaining, to say the least. Humor is duly noted.

Total: (31/40)

VeronW with Nasarii class Battlecruiser

Aesthetics: (4/10)
Use of outlining is bad (i.e. don't outline every single section on your ship), and weapons are put haphazardly onto the ship. However, overall the ship looks very clean, and the silhouette is good.

Originality: (3/10)
Well, it's an attempt at an interesting shape. But it's a failed attempt nonetheless. Color scheme is bland.

Creativity: (3/10)
Sections mesh together very well, but it lacks the great attention to detail that makes a good ship. The exhaust port at the back is good, but otherwise nothing else strikes me as new.

Functionality: (1/5)
This is where you suffer. The haphazardly placed weapons work in tandem against you with the weak-feeling payload. A battlecruiser of this size might have better weapons, IMO. As well, a lack of any functional details (such as reactors) do not help your functionality score.

Backstory: (2/5)
At least it's a story. Short and bland, though.

Total: (13/40)

aganrmu with Anvil of Star

Aesthetics: (3/10)
The silhouette of the ship is great and the harpoon is rather nice looking. But the section repetition is terrible, and the color scheme leaves much to be desired.

Originality: (7/10)
Space whaler, not expecting it. The concept is done well through the ship's systems (if not the ship's looks). Rotating harpoon turret is good, and the various weapon systems fit in well with the overall image.

The harpoon cannon and other nuances are balanced out by the total lack of creative sectioning. Since this already has hit your aesthetics score hard, this is not considered as much in the creativity category.

Functionality: (3/5)
The weapons fit in well with the theme of the ship, but overall the ship feels a bit underarmed for a ship of such size. As well, there is a total lack of functional details such as reactors or engines.

Backstory: (3/5)
Mixes a good amount of explanation and actual story. Without the backstory, the ship would not feel nearly as complete, IMO.

Total: (20/40)

cycerin with Royal Neo Norwegian Romhæren Isak Sellanrå-class (...)

Aesthetics: (6/10)
The use of glows is very good, and the sectioning looks great, but I can't make sense of the ship. It's too cluttered/busy, and there's no rhyme or reason behind the usage of sections. As well, colors are used haphazardly at best, failing to bring out any real depth or otherwise.

It's a ship, I'll give you that much. I very much like the reactor/beam combo, but the overall ship does not give me an impression of originality.

Creativity: (6/10)
I love the rotating reactor glow, and some of the other small details (e.g. small glows throughout ship), but otherwise I'm not feeling anything else was particularly inspired.

Engines, reactors, weapons all look beautiful, and seem a good fit on the ship. Thankfully for the video you posted, I could see a fight between this ship and a ship of equal size, and the results are pretty good - beautiful weapon effects, great weapon positioning, etc... [Addendum: after IRC argument, realized that ship should be given better functionality score]

Points for effort and the video, but otherwise the backstory was too short to score high.

Total: (24/40)

Ixranin with Swordbreaker class Advanced Drone Battlecruiser

Aesthetics: (7/10)
Excellent use of glows, siholuette is great, and color scheme is nice. The sectioning does get a bit bland, but the ship fits together magnificently. The shield looks great, though the nanomatrix effect looks kinda weird when it's on it.

Originality: (6/10)
It's refreshing to see a side-view ship [what? It's an asymmetrical ship? Either way, I would've given it the same number of points] once in a while, and the ship executes it solidly. As well, the drone battlecruiser concept is also well done, with a good armament worthy of both a drone carrier and a battlecruiser.

Creativity: (7/10)
Every section feels well placed and well used, and the creative placement of glows really adds to the overall effect of the ship. As said before though, the sectioning does get a bit bland with all of the repeated shapes.

Functionality: (4/5)
Another great ship, with good armaments and what-have-you. Turret is great, weapons are well placed and fit in with the ship in general. I would have loved to see the cooling system, but the other parts make up for it.

Good backstory. Sensible and concise, though I would've liked to see more story.

Total: (28/40)

DarchZero With Infringement Juggernaught

Aesthetics: (5/10)
Shape is good overall, but there's little sensible detail to be seen. Color scheme looks good but fails to provide depth for the ship. I will say that the weapons are done very well, especially with the triggers, which saved this score. Sort of.

Originality: (4/10)
The overall shape isn't particularly eye-catching, and outside of the weapon hardpoints I don't see anything outside of the ordinary on the ship. Mecha does not look awesome, basically.

Creativity: (5/10)
The lack of anything of interest (other than the weapons, once again) on the ship really hit this score. Sections aren't used well, use of glows could have been better, etc...

Functionality: (4/5)
The weapons are great, but that alone isn't enough to make this a five. The lack of interesting engines, reactors, or any other functional details kill this score.

Sadly, the other ships posted with the ship cannot be judged, but points for making them, and tying them in with the ship. Actual story is kinda... not interesting. [addendum: What? The ship transforms in-game? Did I miss something or is AD an idiot?]

Total: (21/40)

Raul with Border Station

Aesthetics: (6/10)
Good attention to detail, but the ship itself leaves something to be desired. The structural components could be better (they look very bland), parts (such as the shipyard) don't fit in all too well, and the weapons look boring.

Originality: (7/10)
Bubble shields as domes, living spaces in general, functional (well, at least through looks) shipyard, custom rotation, etc... Once again though, the ship itself isn't particularly interesting.

Creativity: (6/10)
See above, in originality. I will yell at you for using SimCity 2000 screens as sprites though. Once again though, section use in the structural components does not look so good, could have been better.

Loadout is good, and details fit in well with the purpose of the ship. Once again the weapons could look better, but they are okay. Functional details carry this through.

Backstory: (1/5)
Points for description, I guess.

Total: (24/40)

secure with Blob 03

Aesthetics: (5/10)
The ship is average. The sectioning is okay, but it does not stand out as being excellent. It's too bland, lacking any good eye-catching places which would improve your aesthetics score.

Originality: (4/10)
I will give you kudos for an 'organic' ship, but it's quite boring. It's just a normal ship with a big red blob slapped onto it, really. Neither the ship nor the blob is particularly new.

Not much going on here. Points for tentacles; they actually look like tentacles. However, they lack any sort of depth.

Functionality: (1/5)
Here is the major flaw. The weapons loadout is terrible - the few weapons that are on there are passable, but there is a startling lack of them. As well, other than the 'beating heart', the ship lacks functional details.

Backstory: (0/5)

Total: (14/40)

bl3d4 with Excalibur class Command Dreadnought

Aesthetics: (2/10)
Well, the ship is actively bad in some respects. Overly detailed pieces clash with clean pieces. Details like antennae are misplaced. However, the ship actually doesn't look half bad in stock colors - just that it shows a lack of color scheme.

Triggers are okay, main cannon seems well done (cooling is interesting), and the shape itself isn't boring, I'll give you that.

Trying to keep to the positives, the triggers aren't half bad. However, I cannot get over the fact that section usage is terrible. I will say that the ship looks much better in compact mode.

Functionality: (3/5)
I question your sanity, with the giant engine jets when backing up (they look a bit overwhelming), but things like the cooling laser, a strong arsenal, and movement keep this score floating. Just that the bubble shield looks terrible.

Seems more like a collection of sentences than a story, but points for effort.

Total: (16/40)

Totals
31 - Orbital Sword
28 - Swordbreaker Drone Battlecruiser
24 - Border Station
24 - Isak Sellanraa
21 - Infringement Juggernaught
20 - Anvil Of Stars
16 - Inferno Beam Cannon
16 - Excalibur Command Dreadnought
14 - Blob 03
13 - Nasarii class Battlecruiser
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

Oh dear, it seems my point values average a good deal higher than AD's and Normandy's. I blame it on spending too much time rating professors where 7 of 9 is an average.

Just to make things clearer, here is how I am judging each of the categories.

Aesthetics: Obviously this is how nice I think your ship looks. If your ship looks like a ship and is relatively bland, chances are you will get something like a 5 or a 6 in this category. Being average compared to other ships in the new generation of BSF (you new people and your fancy custom sprites and stuff) will get you at most an 8. Getting anything higher than an 8 requires your ship to be detailed and highly impressive artistically, though not necessarily architecturally sound.

Originality: Self explanatory category here; If your idea is used a lot, don't expect to get more than a 6, simple enough. More points are awarded for more creative ideas and more outlandish ideas, though they still need to be executed well. If you can't make a ship look more than mediocre, this is your chance to score some points by coming up with something that nobody else has.

Creativity: Similar to the above category; If your ship uses all stock weapons and stuff, expect to get an average score of around 5. Points will be given for creative use of weapons, moving sections, rotating sections, doodads, etc. This category is for stuff that spices up your ship and makes it do cool shit.

Functionality: Another easy to get points in category; If your ship does what you say it does, then have some feel-good points, though the points for aesthetically pleasing and not architecturally sound you may have gotten above may be taken out of here. Chances are everyone will score at least a 4 or 5 in this category as I'm pretty sure every ship is a warship, has guns, and goes pew pew.

Backstory: Not having a backstory gets you zero. Having an average backstory gets you a 3 (This includes if your backstory is a list of guns that cover your ship). Writing something more detailed gives you a four, and writing some kind of epic masterpiece gets you a five.

Danny 420Dale - Inferno Beamcannon

Aesthetics: 7
Originality: 6
Creativity: 6
Functionality: 4
Backstory: 3

So yeah, it's a beam platform. Not exactly the most creative or original idea, but executed pretty smoothly. The beam cannon itself is fun, though a little bizarre in that it fires backward at the same time. I personally would have prefered a less glaringly huge shield in the front, as it makes it look a little like it's stuck always entering an atmosphere, but I understand why it is there. The missile sprites also look a little too much like bullet tracers for how fast that turn. The section usage gives the ship a very hard-edged look which is rather nice, though it may be just a bit too glowy.

Total: 26/40

EriErin - Lunarian RH-08 Orbital Sword-class Experimental Battlecruiser

Aesthetics: 9
Originality: 8
Creativity: 9
Backstory: 4

Lols giant space sword. A little silly, but it does what it says it does. The ship itself is nicely colored and detailed, though it's a little cluttery to me toward the center. The exposed glowing lightning core thingy seems bizarre to me, but I can't really fault you for that considering what I did the last time with exposed glowy things. You lost a point on functionality because it's hilariously impractical, but everything else seems to fit its job as a warship. All in all, good stuff.

Total: 34/40

Veronw - Nasarii Class Battlecruiser

Aesthetics: 6
Originality: 5
Creativity: 5
Backstory: 2

Well, it's generic and is a sound looking warship. I wish I could give you more points, and you probably would have gotten some had this been a generation ago, but now the lack of detail compared to other ships stops me from doing so. The stock weapons are a little bland as well. Add some more details and custom weapons and this will be a neat little ship. I rather like its compact design.

Total: 22/40

bl3d4 - Excalibur class Command Dreadnought

It's alright looking as a warship, but the section usage is a little bizarre. The large undetailed panels in the middle stick out a lot compared to the rest of the sections on the ship. There are just too many lines around the circle part where the big gun is for it to be pleasant to look at. The moving arms are interesting though kind of strange and unnecessary. The big gun is rather...unimpressive when it fires, though the things i assume to be heat sinks that pop out are a nice touch. The giant bubble is a little glaring and would probably be better at lower opacity or just removed entirely.

Aaganrmu - Anvil of Stars

Aesthetics: 5
Originality: 7
Creativity:6

Ouch, section spam. While it may be realistic, it looks rather unpleasant, especially the places where they change angles. The big laser built of parts is cool though, and I like how the railgun effect persists for a bit. It looks like it could take a beating, but you lost a point in functionality for having a big laser to blow up rocks with and nothing to pick them up with. It's an interesting idea and could be pretty good once you replace the terrible section spam with more interesting stuff.

Cycerin - Royal Neo Norwegian Romhæren Isak Sellanrå-class Fleet Command Ship

Aesthetics: 8
Creativity: 8
Functionality: 5
Backstory: 2

Hooray it's not just a flying brick. It's a good design with very nice detailing bits like the spinning core and running lights. However, it's a little too detailed and cluttery, which is the reason you got an 8 in aesthetics. The weapons are sufficiently awesome, though I think the missiles from could start going super fast a little sooner than they do, as they kind of spend quite a while drifting away from the ship. The beam is cool as well, though it baffles me as to why it can fire in all directions.

Total: 31/40

Ixranin - Swordbreaker Class, Advanced Drone Battlecruiser

Creativity: 10
Backstory: 5

Well, you certainly win having the spiffiest custom weapons. Those glowing drone things made me go "whoa", though when they first launched I thought they were shooting off into the depths of space, and they do bug out a bit if you have the ship stop attackng. It's a little strange looking as the ship looks like it's only half of a ship, but that's alright provided what it does. Animating the shield certainly makes it a lot more interesting. The only thing I really don't like is the poofy ring engine. It just seems so...silly compared to the rest of the ship. You definitely get the coolest mechanics award though. Props to D00D! and EriErin as per your credits.

*Special Award* Fanciest cool toy!

Total: 35 + 1/40

DarchZero - Infringement Juggernaut

Backstory: 4

There was bound to be a mech somewhere what with all the moving parts and all. You pulled it off pretty well, or as well as it is possible to considering everything is from a top down perspective. The ship looks sufficiently ship-ish, if a little chunky, and the mech looks mech-ish. The only complaint there is that the arims look like they're connected by fairly thin bits and the "head" of the mech sticks out rather far. You could have gotten some more points with a more interesting color scheme and some doodads to break upthe grey monotony. I like the pop-out beam cannons on the arms, those were pretty cool.

Total: 30/40

Raul - Border Station

Looks like I was wrong and not everything is a warship, but hooray it's a space station! It's a nice piece of work with a lot of attention to detail. The domes are rather cool, though the sim city looking bits made me chuckle. The sun looks a little too much like lava under there, but that's forgivable. The little construction bots are a very nice touch and make it feel more alive than just a big spinning square thing. The weapons go pew, the thing spins, and all is good. I can't figure out where I would give you a point for making it feel like an actual place to be what with the docks and shipyard and little domes, so I'll just tack it on at the end.

Total: 33+1/40

Secure - Blob 03

Functionality: 3
Backstory: 0

It's an interesting idea, but it's not very pleasant to look at. The pulsing animation is rather nice but it could be a little easier to see. Good job on making the tentacles look like actual tentacles, but they aren't enough to redeem the general unpleasantness that is unfortunately inherently part of a blob infested ship.

Total: 21/40

Final Scores:

Swordbreaker Class, Advanced Drone Battlecruiser - 36/40
Lunarian RH-08 Orbital Sword-class Experimental Battlecruiser - 34/40
Border station - 34/40
Royal Neo Norwegian Romhæren Isak Sellanrå-class Fleet Command Ship - 31/40
Infringement Juggernaut - 30/40
Inferno Beam Cannon - 26/40
Excalibur class Command Dreadnought - 25/40
Anvil of Stars - 25/40
Nasarii Class Battlecruiser - 22/40
Blob 03 - 21/40
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Normandy wrote:[addendum: What? The ship transforms in-game? Did I miss something or is AD an idiot?]
It's called triggers, smartypants. Press comma for more irony.

@Kazuael: Would you mind explaining what the special award on the Sworbdreaker is for?
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

It's for the implementation of the drones, which I thought was pretty cool, even if they're a little glitchy sometimes. You can ignore it more or less, it was just something I felt like making a note of.
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

It’s fleet time!

CheesyErwin – The Earth Coalition
Creativity: 7

Your ships look stocky and rugged, with pretty good weapon placement, but there really isn’t anything all that creative about them. Everything seems pretty standard and it’s a good, solid fleet, it’s just not anything special. I know you explained the fighter being formerly atmospheric in the backstory, but the whole wings in space deal just annoys me greatly, which is why you lost a point in functionality (this includes the tailfins on the Liverpool).

Total: 29/40

Aaganrmu – Space Whales
Originality: 9
Backstory: 5

It’s an interesting idea and executed pretty well at that. My main complaint is that the color scheme is kinda bizarre to me, but I may be alone in this. The individual whales do what you say they do, and although I’m really not sure how that swimming motion actually moves them through space.

Total: 34/40

secure – Blocky ship fleet
Aesthetics: 5
Originality: 5
Creativity: 5

Well, they’re not very impressive. Yes, they live up to their name of being blocky, but that’s about it. They’re simple and fairly uncreative, and the piece usage is rather cluttery. This is especially noticeable on the space station where it really looks like a giant jumble of lines. I’d have to say the best things you have there are the satellites which look good being fairly simple.

Total: 20/40

Verminator – The Duroton

Nice and aggressive looking, but pointy claw ships aren’t all that original. The glowing front edges stick out a lot and I don’t think you really needed to make the entire piece glow. A glowing tip or edge would have sufficed nicely. I’m not a fan of the lightning as lightning in space is pretty much impossible, and your weapons could use a bit more creative sparkle. I do like the green eye looking bits on each ship however. The part usage does seem to lack flow however, as it’s pretty much a jumble of lines. I suppose this is understandable considering they are a swarm of nanobots, but it’s not very pretty to look at. The green gray color scheme is a little too cliché for me to enjoy it as well.

Total: 28/40

DarchZero - GASPART

It’s nice to see a superweapon that fires a projectile instead of a beam. Now that that’s out of the way, your ships, like most others here, lack flow. This is especially noticeable on the largest ship, where the side pods look really messy, and the back end of the ship looks like it ends too suddenly compared to the rest of the ship. Same deal here as before with the green and gray color scheme.

Total: 27/40

Raul – Adun Ca Thuier Royal Navy
Backstory: 1

Unless I totally missed your backstory, you get one point for saying what each ship is supposed to do. I like the blue/orange color scheme as they are contrasting colors and go well together, but I feel like you could have used it to greater effect. Most of your ships (cough the corvette) are pretty much gray blocks, and with a bit more color I think they could look a lot nicer. The fighter bays are a nice touch, and the plating looking sections are kinda cool, even if they are rather intermittently placed. The artificial sun suffers from the same problems as on your space station, mainly that it looks like lava and why they would expose it to the universe like that.

Total: 28/40

bl3d4 – 5th Conquest Fleet of the Emperor
Functionality: 3

Your ships remind me of backwards Star Trek vessels without the saucer, which is not a good thing because I hate the design of Star Trek ships. Sure, they’re different and unique, but they also look really flimsy and a bit like giant tuning forks in space. The section usage is alright, if not a little too jumbly in parts with all those little squares. They look really breakable and unsuited for combat though. They look like they would make great cargo carriers though.

Deltaflyer – 9th Conquest Fleet of the Aquatic Partriarchal Emmisaries
Functionality: 0

Is it just me, or do your ships have no weapons at all? Yeah, I read your backstory, but that’s not a reason to not actually arm them in game. Also boy, did you pick the worst upload host ever. If I could dock you for that I would, but man that place blows. Anyway, yeah your ships look nice and have an interesting organic feel, but that’s more or less about it. The lack of any weapons whatsoever really doesn’t help you out either.

Blackhart – Deca Defence Force
Aesthetics: 9

Hey, finally ships that have flow in their section usage! This is probably the first fleet that actually looks good and not just mind-numbingly average to me. Pointy ships aren’t all that original as well, but you pulled it off pretty well. The fleet looks and feels cohesive with appropriate coloring. Should’ve written that backstory man.

Total: 30/40

Totals:
Aaganrmu – Space Whales – 34/40
Blackhart – Deca Defence Force 30/40
CheesyErwin – The Earth Coalition – 29/40
Verminator – The Duroton – 28/40
Raul – Adun Ca Thuier Royal Navy – 28/40
DarchZero – GASPART – 27/40
bl3d4 – 5th Conquest Fleet of the Emperor – 25/40
Deltaflyer – 9th Conquest Fleet of the Aquatic Partriarchal Emmisaries – 25/40
secure – Blocky ship fleet – 20/40

Well, I’m rather unimpressed by the amount of mediocrity here. With the exception of the custom sections, a lot of this stuff looks like it could have been made with the previous generation of BSF. There are tons and tons of fancy new tools that you guys could have exploited but very few of you did and none of you used them to any great effect.