It's been a while...

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Crazyeyes24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Location: Bridge of the Hydra, in orbit around Maw Installation

It's been a while...

Post by Crazyeyes24 »

So I have been reading the forums, catching up after I haven't been at home for a while and saw that you guys had started up a meta game. Well, I heard that you all had been looking for some specialized ships and so here is a preliminary shot of my take on a front line vessel. C&C is much appreciated.

Hasn't been named yet either, but I was leaning towards something with a "bulldog" in it.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

I like your ship, it has a interesting feel to it. . . Though one nitpick is those autocannons are spammed all over! And those 2 little random piece on tope of the sides of the ship is rather misplaced. Good ship overall though.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Crazyeyes24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazyeyes24 »

Thanks for the feedback Homer. Here is an updated version. I tweaked the bridge tower thing and rounded out the weaponry. C&C

The XI-01 "Bulldog" Front-Line Destroyer

Hp: 1200
Speed: 1.25
Accel: 0.04
Turning: 0.4
"Threat": 150
Armament: (Used the meta game weaponry)
4xTwin-linked "Stubby" Kinetic Cannons (Shorter range, increased clip/reload)
1xTwin-linked LBE (Aft Engine Defense) (Replaced with another TwinAC)
2xAFBE (One Fore and Aft)
4x15 Round "Dustcloud" Missile Racks (Shorter range, wide dispersion)

Also features a forward hull reinforced with Ablative and Reactive armor to hold the line just that much longer!
Last edited by Crazyeyes24 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

I like it alot more but i wish you would've kept the twin ac on the back with no beamers. And that little section you have at the way top of each wing thing bugs me still. And you do know in the edit tab you make your thruster invisible. :)

By the way whats up with that random hexagon in the middle?
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Crazyeyes24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazyeyes24 »

Yeah, I know how to make them invisible but I like the ghosted look better (reminds me that they are there lol). You think a twin AC would be better on the back? Hmmm, perhaps. I shall put it back Also the hexagon-lookin thing is actually half of a hexagon that is supposed to be like a flat deck-like thing that the rear turret sits open on behind the command tower. ALso, which part on the wing, the points on the end?

Edit: Here is the 3rd version, all ballistic (except for the AFBE) and reworked nose/wings)

BY popular request, Version 2.5, redone wings with the tips:

Crazyeyes24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazyeyes24 »

NEW! The second ship in the line, a light frigate that will be focused on anti -fighter/-strikecraft duties (other variants for anti -corvette/-frigate duties as well).

The XI-02 "Bullpup" Multirole Light-Frigate

Threat: 90
Speed: 2.8
Accel: 0.08
Turning: 1.20
Hull: 550

PS: Apologies if Double posting is illegal :|
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

First: I love the continuity between the two ships. Well done.

Generally, these are pretty good. Two things come to mind which can be improved quickly and easily. First is the oddball section you've got dead center on both of these. I have no idea what effect you're going for, and honestly, it looks like you spawned a section and forgot to put it somewhere. Way out of place. Next is the issue of the translucent thrusters. Why? Either make them invisible and put some sort of convincing housing on them, or make them opaque and blend them with the hull.
Crazyeyes24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazyeyes24 »

Fixed the thrusters and here is a pic without the center section. (I was trying to show some sort of elevated observation tower)

Better or worse? lol
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Much better. Still not sure about that back end (and the back end on the larger one, while we're at it. It's worth noting that the issue is far less pronounced on the larger ship). The main hull of the ship is quite compact, and then you've got some sort of thruster assembly that just sharply from the back. My recommendation would be to bring the back part (where the light grey stops and the dark gray starts) in toward the main hull, shortening it be 50-60%.
Crazyeyes24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazyeyes24 »

Mmmmk dokey, here's the latest of the frigate. Once I have more time tomorrow I will fine tune the larger ship.

EDIT:
Here is the latest of the Destroyer, C&C? I think I will turn this jazz into a fleet now...

Crazyeyes24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazyeyes24 »

Hot off the drawing boards, A small and agile assault corvette:

The XI-03 "Wolfhound" Assault Corvette

Threat: 60
Specs are still under development