First Ship

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Actually, and this just an Idea, I think a pointy nose like an stardestroyer.(or for the fans a Aclamator) would really look cool on this ship. It is allready too big for a fighter and it would be a shame if you scraped it, so just try.

Good start. And thx for following my advise.
deathbal101
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by deathbal101 »

New Ship.
*in-joke*
"The Cake Is A Lie"
- God
// reality = 1
deathbal101
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by deathbal101 »

Newer Ship.

I wanna see if my skills have improved.
*in-joke*
"The Cake Is A Lie"
- God
// reality = 1
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

o___o

This new ship comes with:

Weapons spam.
Clutter.

And a bad case of BSU, or:
Bad Section Usage.

The ship that came before looks like a stationary beamcannon, but it's still quite cluttery and uncolored.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Not everyone colors before hand since its pretty easy to color now...He said several times hes going to color them if he gets any suggestions :roll: You might consider changing the default color to something else so they don't get their panties in a bunch.

At least in the last ship, you really don't have that much of a problem with section usage. Bad layering, gaps between sections that should be touching, overlapping sections that could be fixed by moving one a few spaces...The ship could be fixed in less than ten minutes if you know what your doing. Look around at how people put their ships together...

You do have issues with weapons spam though. Slow down while your arming it. Take a step back and look at it as an actual warship. You can partially hide some of your weapons so just the barrels stick out, but they shouldn't all be at the middle of the ship or clustered together at any point on the ship. Consider each weapon a piece of equipment that takes up substantial internal space and has to be spread out.

Don't give up and make a new ship; that only helps so many times. Go back and work on refining what you have, and yes coloring it since I think its a decent design. You will get more comments once you go further with it :)
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Epic fail edit.
Last edited by Magick on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Magick wrote:uncolored.
He probably means that...
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

That was referring to a ship that came before the one i was talking about. Usually, if you're making a new ship, it means the ones before it can be edited, but are otherwise finished.

(At least, in my case)
deathbal101
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by deathbal101 »

Fuck it. no more ships from me.
*in-joke*
"The Cake Is A Lie"
- God
// reality = 1
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Why quit?
Just because your first few tries failed?
Now where would we be with THAT kind of persistence.

Ooh! I know!
Smashing each other with wooden sticks.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Guys stop, his first few ships are not failures; they are works in progress, as he stated. You need to give him useful advice, and he needs to actually use it instead of churning out new ships. They are and will continue to get better the more time you spend on them.

Your getting advice and not getting flamed. What more do you want? Not one person in this thread has out rightly insulted your ships without giving useful criticism as well, except magick who doesn't count. If your seriously going to give up, click on any veteran and go back to their first posted ship. That will most certainly encourage you, and probably give you some pretty good ideas if you read through them.
deathbal101
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by deathbal101 »

don't go the IRC much do you. lets just say, reveiws have been less than... pleasant.

anyways, its clear that I'm not good at this.

I'm not the 'artistic' type anyways.
*in-joke*
"The Cake Is A Lie"
- God
// reality = 1
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

deathbal101 wrote:don't go the IRC much do you. lets just say, reveiws have been less than... pleasant.

anyways, its clear that I'm not good at this.

I'm not the 'artistic' type anyways.
No, we're not going to give you step by step guides.

Neither is anybody else. If you can't find your own way in, chances are we don't want you in there. Hell, even if you can, the odds are not in your favour.
's not like it doesn't warn you.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Nexus Battleship
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nexus Battleship »

I like the design keep it up.
I had the same thing as you. You should have seen my first ship.
Yours look better then mine, my friend :cool: :wink:
When the time comes I will get you.
Because no one even think of the loser when you win
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Would you mind posting a shot of the ship without parenting lines? Or if your still having some sort of issue with photobucket, releasing the .sb4? With your permission, I'd like to see what can be done with the design...