Jaro Hypernautics (after a long "break" from bsf)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Dessel Ordo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Jaro Hypernautics (after a long "break" from bsf)

Post by Dessel Ordo »

So, this is my 3rd fleet for bsf, haven't played for about a year, but with ASC and the new stuff in .9 I think I'm finally here to stay.

right now I have two distinct lines of ships that I'm pretty happy with the look of. Once they have a few more in each I'll flesh out to a few new lines. Each line has a separate team colour, and should have some distinct, linking traits.

The Lenedat Fast Corvette

armed with two Laser Cannons and a Light Beam Emitter. What this ship lacks in armour and serious firepower, it makes up for in speed and maneuverability.

Kal Fast Attack Frigate

Armed with two Particle Accelerators, two anti Fighter Beam Emitters and a Medium Beam Emitter. Otherwise, this ship has the same traits as the Lenedat.

Lonaar Fast Assault Carrier

Armed with 4 Heavy Twin Laser Cannons, two anti Fighter Beam Emitters and two Missile Array's. Aside from the two Fighter bays, this ship shares its traits with the Kal and Lenedat.

Kom'rk Assault Corvette

Armed with 4 Kinetic cannons. While heavily armed and armoured (for a ship its size), it has little to speak of as far as speed and maneuverability are concerned.

Marev Assault Frigate

Armed with two twin Kinetic Cannons, two single barrel Kinetic cannons, and two Light Beam Emitters and AFBE. This ship has the same basic traits as the Kom'rk.

Kovid Assault Destroyer

Armed with four Twin Kinetic Cannons, 6 AFBE, two MBE, and two Interceptor Beams. This ship shares its traits with the Marev and Kom'rk.

(the names are all Mando words)

C&C please?
Last edited by Dessel Ordo on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Stretched sections hurt me... other than that they look ok,
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

do you know what is 'depth'? your weapon(especially for your first ship) and section placements are quite horrible and the colour is too dark and black. Scrap them unless you can improve on it.

your second ship looks much better. The section placement is ok but it still has the same stretching problem, and the twin-laser is not suitable. The thing that is bothersome is the shape and design of the ship(wings and backside) Sections that look like boxes like the ones u use are just plain sucky, use better sections :wink:
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

I usually like to put ablatives over the top,that way they look more like they are actually encompassing the ship.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

The main problem with these is the overall design. They're very short, wide ships, the ablatives are poorly done, and the section size/stretching is all over the place. All in all it looks very amateurish as a result.

Your ablatives need to be more form-fitting, rather than tacked on as an afterthought.

PS: It's 'variant'.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Dessel Ordo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dessel Ordo »

:oops: right... I made noob mistakes :oops: .

now that most of the cobwebs are clear, I won't be making any more stretching/sloppy albative type errors.

thats how the ship looks now, better? worse?

I will probalby make similair changes to the Hokaanir as well, so that it fits in with the fleet better.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Please refrain from section stretching, thanks :D
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

I think best would be combination of this and first version, so its wings open to look like the first one and fire missles or something!
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Dessel Ordo wrote:I won't be making any more stretching/sloppy albative [sic] type errors.
He says as he stretches the Stock17 ablative-y piece on the ship... :roll: Once you stop stretching, though, I see some promise (although my eyes dislike your color scheme, but that's probably just their personal taste)
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Dessel Ordo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dessel Ordo »

VNilla wrote:He says as he stretches the Stock17 ablative-y piece on the ship... :roll: Once you stop stretching, though, I see some promise (although my eyes dislike your color scheme, but that's probably just their personal taste)
... I'm no robot, I missed a peice, sorry. fixed.

@Raul, I may try that, good idea.

edit: the stock 2/3 lookin peice looks stretched no matter what you do. that wasnt me stretching more, its just the way it looks

I have another ship, the Haran Assault Destroyer.
Last edited by Dessel Ordo on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

I LIKE those gun sprites. Pretty cool shape too.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Dessel Ordo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dessel Ordo »

@ Slayer0019: I wish I could do things like that in photoshop, but no, those are just some of the KAE sprites layered over stock aoutocannon sprites. thanks for the other compliment tho.

Anyhow, heres another ship I put together.

Kal Fast Attack Frigate

armed with 2 Particle Guns and 1 Light Beam Emitter (all burried for protection)
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Cool, I like your new style much more. It really looks more "realistic" (I know I just said the word.) Beautifull ship but I was wondering how big it is? Anyway keep up this style and especially the colours.
Dessel Ordo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dessel Ordo »

had the day mostly off, made another ship

Lonaar Rapid Assault Carrier

Designed to follow closely behind a group of Kal Frigates after they clear away as many smaller enemy craft as possible. Once within engement range, it quickly finishes off any surviving small craft, and deploys its two bomber squads (wip, I suck at strike craft) and moves on to the lead ship. while this ship has plenty of speed and firepower with its 6 twin Kinetic Cannons, 2 thirty round Light missile racks and 8 Anti-Fighter Beam emitters, its armor is considerably lower than ships of comperable size.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I like a few things that you did, but the internals seem pretty random, and the missile launchers appear to be facing each other?