Works in progress

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

SHAD0Wdump wrote:
Raul wrote: Damn you shadowdumb!
Now that's just under the belt. :lol:
OMFG Total spelling error I totally didnt mean to type that! :oops: Thats what I get for typing at 2 in the morning! Sorry!
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Freudian slip much?
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

so been working on this cruiser today. Very rough cuz i only had a few hours but its getting there ya? Need to work on the front alot, it will be beefier! i will color it but its harder to have it precolored the way i build.

Any comments?

*snip till its fixed*

ignore the weapons, their just there to test something, not final placement!(except for missles)
Last edited by Raul on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

*MelvinVM does not like fuzzy stretched sections*
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

*VNilla seconds that shit*
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Kestril
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kestril »

I think It's alright, it's not THAT noticeable.
* Posts may not contain the full extent of intellect required
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

There is that better? I know the weapons are spammed so they will be changed and the front might get beefed up with one or two more sections

maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

looks like a giant space fighter to me.
The nose needs some more beef in the 'neck' and Kill some guns. Otherwise just fine.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

*MelvinVM does not like section usage that clashes with others and does not shows good depthing*
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

If by good depthing and section usage you mean using the same sections for the bottom two rows of my ships like you do, your right. What I did do was build and color each level seperatlyand put them together so im sure theres no layering errors and Im not sure how much more obvious I can make the depth gradiant. If you can point out what sections you think clash, it would be helpful cu i don't see it.

Updated picture. Nerfed the weapons and beefed up the forward hull.

Hull strength: 3000
Threat: 305
Speed: .50
Turning: 0.30
Accel: 0.20
Armament:
3x heavy beam emitters
4x particle accelerators
10x laser cannons
14x Kinetic cannons
10x light kinetic cannons
5x Missile arrays
6x interceptor beam
10x main engines
8x manuvering thrusters

Freightor I've been working on. Older picture but you get the idea, Exxon Valdez status.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Weapons even worse

Specially the wings clash with the inner parts.
The guns are SERIOUSLY a problem right now, worse than the previous.

You need to figure out what a ship looks like in 3D, and refer to it.

The second hull got the same problem, the styles clash.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

MelvinVm wrote:*MelvinVM does not like section usage that clashes with others and does not shows good depthing*
big spelling mistake!!!

anyways thx for listening to my advise and adding to forward hull armor.
guns are really really overdone. JUST SCRAP SOME, I know it isn't really realistic to decrease the amount of guns but the entire game isn't.

freighter looks rather good.
maybe converting it to a battleship/heavy weapon will be cool.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Ya, normally i would agree, but its designed to fight ships like Madre Terra so is it really overpowered compared to ships like that? If you just mean visually okay what if i hide or conceal some and use better sprites for the main guns? Since it was designed for the metagame which has a limited weapon selection, theres kinda not too much i can do there besides that unless someone has some ideas.

I can get rid of the wings but the ship was designed around them and then it will be a brick. As far as the rest of the structure goes i still think its leveled pretty well and i don't think i can do any better than that on this ship. Maybe the next.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

big spelling mistake!!!
AKA : Error
anyways thx for listening to my advise and adding to forward hull armor.
AKA Advice
Fail
For gods sake, look who's talking, and after all, who gives a shit?
This is a thread of commenting about someone's ship, not a English classroom.

For the ship though, did you talk to AD about that?
If it's meant to fight ships like that, there's lots of room for improvement.
A ship like this isn't even worth fighting a ship like the Madre Terra.

So stop with the overpowered weapon layout, and try to think of something else, as well to replace some sections with another, try to use better colors, it bugs me a lot.
Also, try to look around on how to use outlining, sounds interesting for a ship like this.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Your overstepping your bounds a bit. didn't say it was on par with AD's ship in any way except balancing so quit the attitude. If you bothered to look at most of the heav ships, you'd see that my weapons loadout is spartan for whats needed to fight cruisers or even dessies in the metagame. In other words its not overpowered for it's class so not sure why you keep saying that.

Its not like I loaded it up with SBEs, colored it grey and stock green, or left most of the weapons exposed like several 'vets' did. And for the record, heres my idea of a 3d warship, whats your?

*breath*
Ok, ive scrapped all weapons, redone the shading, added a touch of outlining, swapped out half a dozen sections that might possible clash. I've also reduced any fleet colors to the required (I think anyway)red until I determine what a good secondary color would be. I'll post again when I have more patience.