Works in progress

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I think you should rebuild the destroyer from scratch. Too much stretching to fit the design. Now that you have the design, start over with the right sections.

The station is awesome, but the difference in scaling on the terraformed sections throws it off. I agree with aaganrmu that you should have either this ring or the upper one angle in on the sides. That or make this one blocky and angled in, and the other one curved but still in four pieces.

Totally jacking that repair droid, those would look awesome swarming over a ship with short range nanos in them, especially if they were triggered when damage occurs.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

jwa8402 wrote:I think you should rebuild the destroyer from scratch. Too much stretching to fit the design. Now that you have the design, start over with the right sections.
done.

After a rebuild from the ground up, the fifth(and hopefully final!) design refit was launched for a shakedown. At the cost of it's launch bays and smaller caliber weaponry, the Tempest gained a more agressive profile, nuclear cannons, and an Ion Beam capable of disabling ships for short periods!

Comments? i wanna get this right so i cna finish my station.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Ugly color work.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

*sigh* Ugly cuz you don't like the color choices or because you don't like where i added teh color?
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Because the shading is reverted, if this was a attempt of outlining, it failed, horribly.
Shading requires higher parts being lighter, lower parts darker, as some internals dark & light
Last edited by MelvinVm on Sat May 16, 2009 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

dude chill im honestly trying to get your advice. the sigh was that i hadn't gotten a beter reaction and that your comment was useless without explanation. I don't know what your talking about with the outlining, I was not attempting that in any way.

As for the shading, i think you mean inverted, but I was told it didnt matter which way it ascended. OK i can fix that, what about the colors? I'm looking at a color wheel but not having much luck. Any advice melvin?
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

I recommend light color, and a darker version of it, like RUC's orange.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

I really like your stunbeam. How'd you do it?
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

I spot one of my beam sprites
Is this right? nothing bad with that.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

MelvinVm: Yep cuz yours are the only ones I like so far.
Verimator; Because melvin's beam sprites are longer than normal its easier. Just used them as ammo on the emp launcher: 0 deviation, 70 speed, 40 clip with 1 fire rate, 3 stun duration.

Ok I broke a prisim and threw the pieces at my ship. Not especially fond of the colors but is it better than before?

Also added new weapon. A defensive pulse, similar to those carried by ICC vessels. Engineers are currently working on an emp pulse. TBE's wave shield would look better but can't equip gifs as bullets.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

No fan of the pulse.
Colors are getting better, but the black is not working, its very ugly.
Also, screenshots of a ship should be made at default zoom in SM, looks prettier.
The colors aren't light :/
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

What black? Theres none on the ship :?

Ok, it doesn't have the new colors i picked for the destroyer yet, but i wanted to get an outr ring built. I also added a shipyard, docks, the solar reactor, and more construction drones that move around randomly repairing stuff. Overall im happy with it, but its geting a bit cluttered, and I've had trouble getting it to load any way but laucnhing from shipmaker.

I'm trying to use triggers to get point defense emplacements that pop out to fire but even after reading the manual and guides it doesn't work right. I'll post about it once i get everything else don

Any advice on the station?
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

WIP: Made my first carrier. may have gone overboard on the custom sprites but its not armed yet or really colored cept for a few obvious parts. I'm going to completely change the front to be more agressive. still have to add glows and such, although the engine turbine rotates.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Your station would look a lot better with your destroyer in the shipyard than a Hestia... Parts of the carrier are busy and confusing; you are misusing several of those sections. Also use the hanger sprite that still has white lines on the side, it will make more sense. It isn't bad overall but the front is totally wrong.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Ok, I will fix some of tht. How is this for the front? i will make it mach the dreadnought more later.

*edit* A smaller defense station. Unarmed.