AD's cunning concepts: Adelaide class on page 11.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AD's cunning concepts: Adelaide class on page 11.

Post by ArcaneDude »

Turned this thread into a simple pastebin for whatever concepts I come up with. Don't plan on using it frequently, just whenever I try to make something new or silly.

Latest concept on page 11: Adelaide class Ship of the Line
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:28 am, edited 15 times in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Skrim
Commander
Commander

Post by Skrim »

The Arcturus' shape is ok, but I don't like that combination of green-ish dark gold with dark blue. Just my personal opinion.
My ships:
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3362]Federation of the Rings(old)[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3578]Random[/url] [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3493]Ships[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2709]Vol'Nir Star Navy(very old)[/url]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I don't think Kevlar works that way. :? It's a fiber, not a metal ore, so alloying it would probably be difficult. Probably better off using a straight-up composite armour.

Ed: Still looks like a swiss army knife that had an accident. :mrgreen:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Oops. Sloppy of me, I should know that. And yeah, it does look like a swiss army knife. It's roughly based on the protruding stick design I planned for the Spirit of Contempt Arms fort, plus some inspiration from Mass Effect.

Skrim; I'll make a variant with stock colors as well. In fact, I think I'll do that for every ship.

EDIT; armour changed. Kevlar armour with layers of gelpacks, and titanium honeycombes. Reactive armour ftw.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Honeycomb, AD. ;)

Kevlar doesn't make much sense as warship armour, though. As it is we mostly use composites on anything bigger than a person. Not trying to force you to change it or anything, just pointing out weird choices.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Meh, I'll see what I'll do. In the mean time, new ship! Fluff coming up later.
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

The singularity doohickey sounds like it might be a FlashBolter.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

The ships look very nice but the coloring is a little misplaced in some areas. Also these ships look very similar to a couple ships EriErin made.
Now on the Polaris some of the sections could be benefited if you made them slightly darker or lighter. And the detailing on the back of the Polaris really needs to be darker in my opinion. I don't have that much nitpicks on the other ship though.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Resembles A HUGE GRASSHOPPER. incredibly good and some parts look even 3D. Any shots of this ones in Action?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

@Homer; Everyone keeps saying that they look similar to EriErin's work. Allright, I admit that the building style is similar to a certain degree. That was actually what was trying to attempt. The Polaris' shape also looks similar to Eri's Luna Étude. This is a coincidence. The vessel's shape was based upon the Forerunner Key Ship. Go look on Halopedia if you don't know what that is. All in all, they weren't made as ripoffs, if anyone thinks so, and they aren't. Concerning coloration, I'll look if there's anything I should alter, but I think the colors are fine the way they are. The accent colors I used are open for debate, but as I said, I'll also release a stock colored variant.

@Parameciumkid; Nope. Two guesses left. :P

@Warpman: Grasshopper? lolwut?
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

:D Yep. grasshopper. 2 HUGE legs, aerodynamically right shape....ect ect...
Skrim
Commander
Commander

Post by Skrim »

The Polaris looks a hell lot like the Aurelian Glorious Divinity as far as shape is concerned, especially the back and middle areas. But with different sections, a much worse color scheme, and a crapload of detail.
My ships:
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3362]Federation of the Rings(old)[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3578]Random[/url] [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3493]Ships[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2709]Vol'Nir Star Navy(very old)[/url]
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

it is just his style... the detail is good and the color scheme is ok, just that the front part of the Polaris looks weird
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Honestly the Polaris looks better than the Glorious Divinity, and it sounds like more fun to fight as well.

The Artcurus looks mean!

I'm excited about these ships, they look fun and its rather different than your conventional style. If anything bugged me it would be that they are symmetrical, but for these two anyway it looks alright.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

@Skrim; same basic shape, yes.

@blackrider; what do you mean by 'weird'? Odd section usage?

@jwa; thanks, man.