AD's cunning concepts: Adelaide class on page 11.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I can see where you're headed with the triangular slant, that might be a part that needs changing. I'll clean up the area around the struts while I'm at it. The doodads...technically aren't necessary, but I'd rather rearrange them than remove them.

@Warpman: why should a ship be made in a single structure to be epic? Like I'm doing it, you have the main hull, heavily armoured side pods, a connection area and an engine section. Personally, I think this only adds to the realism. I've kind of had it with BSF ships looking a bit cartoon-ey, so I prefer trying to get a machine-like look, with a certain amount of skeletal structures. Especially when the ship is human.

@Xynus: the engine has already been moved closer and I'm not retracting it further. It looks fine where it is.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Any chance you could post the "Ragnarok" firing?

It seems to me that your ship is very in-animate in all of these pictures. In general, I find that most good ships give a sense of being "alive", so to speak; e.g. Jade Martyr comes to mind. To me at least, that's what is missing from your ship.
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

The Epic ship is meant to make enemy shit bricks. Literally. (Until you show what it's worth on the battlefield it's impossible to say anything on that point)
It is meant to be Big.(it is. OK.)
It's supposed to be heavily armoured. (OK.)
It's supposed to have the Style. (OK.)
It's supposed to look like an impenetrable war machine able to tear down anything that is foolish enough to stand close. (No OK mark yet.)

That's all just my Opinion. A Huge pile of rubbish(cluttered ship), megahuge cannon with tiny ship(Hestia with Ragnarok from your ship), Badly designed or thin ship is not Epic.
I don't give a damn.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

(One vessel carries 2.000 missiles, each counting 60 Megatonnes of explosive force)
thats alot of boom.

The ship, it looks very nice as I would expect from someone like you, but one thing that bugs on the very top of the strut(wings?) that kae mecha section seem oddly placed and the long spike like things on the back look out of place. Great ship though.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Warpman wrote:The Epic ship is meant to make enemy shit bricks. Literally. (Until you show what it's worth on the battlefield it's impossible to say anything on that point)
It's supposed to look like an impenetrable war machine able to tear down anything that is foolish enough to stand close. (No OK mark yet.)

That's all just my Opinion. A Huge pile of rubbish(cluttered ship), megahuge cannon with tiny ship(Hestia with Ragnarok from your ship), Badly designed or thin ship is not Epic.
Do you have something against cohesive sentences? If you were to at least try to achieve something remotely close to paragraphs, it would be easier for people to figure out what you're trying to say. Personally, I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Warpman wrote:The Epic ship is meant to make enemy shit bricks. Literally. (Until you show what it's worth on the battlefield it's impossible to say anything on that point)

Motherfucker, until you've made something that's even half as good as the average quality of AD's ships, and until you'e learned how to express yourself in a manner that doesn't make you sound mentally retarded, you have precisely zero influence or say in what makes an "epic ship".
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

AD, lose the whiskers.

They're so thin and oddly placed. What ARE they?

They certainly don't mix with the rest of the sections being used.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
thedeepestblue
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by thedeepestblue »

I quite like it :-) the only odd bit to my eye is the use of two spindly bits at the back - surely one would fit in more naturally? I think if you took the outside pair away (behind the engines that is - the other ones are fine) and moved the inside pair away from each other slightly the whole ship would look better (imho).
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

The various antenna(?) scattered around the whole ship is just, meh. I personally don't think it does much to help the design, and seems more like a hindrance rather than an enhancement.

Also I would like to say that I don't quite like the engine section. It doesn't merge well with the rest of the ship. Im not too sure why but I should put the blame on it being too angular as compared to the rest of the ship.
Again the reason why I feel the ship is more curvy than angular is probably because of those prominent spines/whiskers/antennas.

It is a good ship though ill give it that, but some changes should be enacted to make it even better.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
xdarkcodex
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by xdarkcodex »

I don't like the red bit.It clashes with the blue.
The bottom statement is true
The above statement is false
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Believe me, this ship is more than capable of tearing down anything that's foolish enough to stand close. So unless you know what you're talking about, which I sincerely doubt, get out. :|

@Everyone else; okay, so lose the oddly placed battleblades, and maybe make the engine section a tad less blocky. Got it.

@darkcodex: well then you have no taste whatsoever.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Sponge wrote: Do you have something against cohesive sentences? If you were to at least try to achieve something remotely close to paragraphs, it would be easier for people to figure out what you're trying to say. Personally, I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
Anna wrote:

Motherfucker, until you've made something that's even half as good as the average quality of AD's ships, and until you'e learned how to express yourself in a manner that doesn't make you sound mentally retarded, you have precisely zero influence or say in what makes an "epic ship".
I agree with both of these posts. First, stop typing like a moron, you make my brain hurt from deciphering your sentences.
Secondly, as both Anna and AD have said, get out with your stupid bullshit points. You are hardly in the position to define what epic is and isn't.

Also I agree with everyone about those whiskers. Some of em have got to go.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Okay, clipped off the battleblades and tilted the engine baffles somewhat.

25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I dunno why but this still isn't your best ship. It has improved a lot but something isn't right. Some of the purple mecha sections bother me, mostly on the wing. Could you maybe move the triangle of red doodads a tad to the right? The engine looks better. I think the main problem with the ship is that the sections just seem really packed.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

I think this ship lost alot of what made it unique after chopping off the 'battle blades'.