AD's cunning concepts: Adelaide class on page 11.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

It's about time we saw another impressive ship around here. Really nice colors. Some of the section usage bothers me but its still awesome. I think this will get "Holy Ship!".
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

An inbetween concept, probably for an adversary to the Verdians. Note that the final product may be substantially different as some parts just feel...wrong in a way. Can't put my finger on it. Any comments would be highly appreciated.

Adelaide class Ship of the Line
Credits to cycerin for his Archaedas colorscheme, and a bunch of his sections of course.

EDIT: changed the engine, ass went from fat to skeletal to fit better with the rest of the ship.

Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xynus »

just a suggestion, i think you could put a low-strength glow on the inner two spindly things at the rear.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Nice glows and shape. You've also got a nice sense of depth. No offense but the section usage is really bad in some places.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

25000st wrote:No offense but the section usage is really bad in some places.
Do not agree. I'm still not keen on mixing in those WF, low detail sprites, but I'm starting to get used to it. The glows are excellent. I have to admit that I liked earlier incarnations of this style better, particularly color scheme, but this is still kickass. Definitely much more refined.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I never said anything was wrong with the WF sprites. Some of the detailed sprites look wrong. I actually like the WF sprites.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Really great ship AD! The DooBlinker/DooBlinkFader on the WF_Sec02 on the wings kinda seem to be out of place. But that's in the opinion of a lowly Lieutenant in the face of a Grand Admiral, who has gold!
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

25000st wrote:I never said anything was wrong with the WF sprites. Some of the detailed sprites look wrong. I actually like the WF sprites.
I didn't say or imply otherwise. I said I didn't agree with your opinion regarding section usage. I am not keen on the WF sprites.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

section usage is really bad in some places.
I will listen to you in this case only if you can actually point out where. Largely because I don't know where this section usage could be called 'really bad'. It does need some cleanup here and there though, I'll give ya that.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bump

Finished product:

Imperium of Man Adelaide class Ship of the Line

Armament:

21 35mm Anti-Projectile Flak Batteries
12 50mm Dual Anti-Fighter Shrapnel Flak Batteries
4 120mm Anti-Ship Long Range Flak Batteries
1x Quad Tactical Nuclear Charge Battery (One vessel carries 1.500 Nuclear Warheads, each counting 75 Megatonnes of explosive force)
1x "Ragnarok" 180 MW Focused Fusion Lance
6x "Rampage" Swarm Missile Launchers (One vessel carries 2.000 missiles, each counting 60 Megatonnes of explosive force)

Still looking for more feedback, though.
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Well. It's big, mostly well-coloured and has almost no itches in design.
Neat. But not Epic enough. Something is missing.
I don't give a damn.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Well, unless you can tell me *what's* missing and *why* it's not epic enough, I...really can't do shit with that comment.
Xynus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Xynus »

it's just my opinion, but i think you should trash the spindly things, or atleast make them shorter and fatter. i don't care for the colors, but it still looks good.

edit: aslo, i think the engine would look better if it were close to the rest of the ship.
Last edited by Xynus on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Epic ship is all made just like a single structure. And here there is some sort of clash-the centre and forward looks solid and "fat", while the backside is mostly made from brittle-looking "thin" spines.
It needs to be either one or another.
I don't give a damn.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

The ship seems cluttered to me. I haven't seen that from you before. Those red doodads also look off. The rear bulb engine and parts around it look like they would fall off. Perhaps make less of a slant with the sections connecting the engine and the main part of the ship? (I hope you understand what I just wrote because it's hard to understand.) I really like your lighting effects though. Also, where'd you get those Cycerin sections? Is there another place to get sections other than the 'Custom Content'?