AD's cunning concepts: Adelaide class on page 11.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

You're seating the guns on the turrets improperly, AD. :| The barrels are meant to project much further out, though I could see that being a problem...

Also, suggest rotating the flags 180. Rotate, not flip. Alternately, flip both horizontally and vertically. They don't make any sense to an onlooker right now, as they're upside down!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

If I put them farther out, they might extend over the hull when broadsiding, so I'd rather have the guns tucked in a bit.

@jwa: Those sections are secondary thrusters. I'll make it more visible by adding some engine glows.

EDIT: Flipped the flags, added exhaust glows and some extra heat dissipation doohickeys.

Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Exhaust glows are Fucking Awesome™. I also love the weapons fit, particularly how it reminds me of USS Iowa. Space Americans FTW!

Try putting a few aux thrusters at the bow as well.

One tiny nitpick: flip the portside Ami Flag around.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

it would be kickass if those secondary thruster sections you added on the side rotated as the ship turns so the thruster module wouldn't stop firing. Maybe something linked. the flags are awesome and i like the sleek profile behind the shield. Might have replacable armor plates on the shield for when they get destroyed or is that too hard?
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

There is hardly anything I like about this ship. The section palette seems uninspired, even haphazard, and lends nothing to the design other than completing the overall penisbrick hullshape - which you tried to excuse with a strange hammerhead front capped by an ugly stock section. I... don't feel this. At all.

The look is extremely bland, there's hardly any eyecatches. Why go for a blue and gray colorscheme when red highlights or details could make it look SO much better? Atleast add a side sponson or two, get some rowed batteries on that thing, or use better sections for the turret clusters. Stock BSF sections do not carry a look on their own at this point. Get rid of that shit.

Add some red, swap some sections, and make the front more interesting. After the usual glow and doodad pimpin, maybe I would find it more loveable.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Raul wrote:it would be kickass if those secondary thruster sections you added on the side rotated as the ship turns so the thruster module wouldn't stop firing.
Nah, I tried that, it won't work.

Thruster module thrust effect only counts its original placement and heading, so if you rotate it midgame, it still won't adjust the effect to its new facing.

Oh, and AD? Keep playing with the hull, there's still much potential you haven't drawn out yet. It's still messy in some places
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

@Cycerin; I wonder how a section palette could be uninspired, and haphazard isn't exactly a word I'd use either. I simply don't agree on your opinion about stock sections, they can be quite useful, such as a 22 can still be used for making flat gundecks. Though a turret mount for the bigger ones might not be a bad idea. Most of the smaller weapons haven't been added yet, so rowed batteries might happen. Side sponsons might as well, but I'm not sure where, how or why.

@Squishy: I'll see if I can clean it up a tad.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Sorry for the doublepost, but MAJOR change here.

CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Well. I wanted to say "Battlecruiser Operational" when I see the first half of the ship.

I have no idea wheter this one, or the previous one is better. However, the sidepods don't seem to be very functional to me.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Yep that ship looks like a beast, yet I feel that something is still missing from it.
Perhaps it could have something to do with the relatively straight side pods or something. I am not too sure.
The colors are certainly a drastic change, but does not look or feel like a ship that sails the red white and blue. I have no ideas on that regard, its purely up to you on that one.

Still its a pretty awesome vessel. Nice job!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

I like the newest one, and the first one, which had the WF sections. The middle one was awful.

Though like Darkship said, something feels off/missing.

Could you perhaps try incorporating a type of blue into the ship along with the dark red, even if it is very subtle? Perhaps beef up/fiddle around with the side pods too?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Could you somehow extend and curve the side-pods in to meet back up with the ship, at least in the back? I very much like the pylons connecting the sidepods to the ship. The section usage is also pretty awesome, I could never make some of those work together like that.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Randomness

I'm still finishing the RTN, this is just an intermezzo. A herald for things to come. Any thoughts?
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Shape's great, and the twinklies are awesome!
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Exhaust effects really are Awesome from capital A.
All ships are awesome, but It seems you sometimes overfill them with patriotism...Too American.
Btw. if it's supposed to be American what for are Russian tricolours? :wink: