Republic of Orcus

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Darkship
Captain
Captain

Republic of Orcus

Post by Darkship »

And I have returned, well kinda. RL has been quite busy and has been taking up much of my time. I am still occupied with such duties so ill only be on once a week. Anyway enough talking, here is the start of the RO fleet.

Enigma Class

The current command flagship of the Republic, it sports multiple beam and ballistic platforms. Its weapon package ensures it is capable of dealing precision damage as well as deal damage to a wide section of any vessel. Such is the versatility of this vessel, it allows the captain to adopt both subtle and bold tactics in battle. In addition to it various weapon systems, the Enigma is also equipped with an energy shieldthat can absorb damage, protecting the hull for a limited amount of time. With such a wide range of defensive and offensive systems, the Enigma poses a threat to any enemy that chooses to cross its path.

Conundrum Class
The Conundrum Class of carriers are a precious resource to the Republic. Few in number and expensive to keep in service, these ships are the only vessels capable of delivering a sizable force of strike craft to combat zone. Its defenses consist of several flak cannon emplacements, several directed energy defense rings and two dual autocannons. Because of it s lack of weapon systems, it often require support from other vessels to keep it out of harms way. Recently the Advanced Development Ministry has placed a directive to equip all carriers with the hexagonal field generator. With this latest addition, any carrier engaged should be able to pull out of the area should they come under heavy fire.

Mystery Class
The most numerous class of Cruiser being operated by the Republic, the Mystery class forms the backbone of every Republic fleet. Its weapon systems focus on dealing explosive and kinetic damage to targets. A Single "Radiant" drive core pushes this cruiser at above average speeds, allowing it to catch up with and overrun fleeing vessels. Some of the more recent cruisers are equipped with a hexagonal field generator. This is shield is similar to the one mounted on the Enigma and thus possesses the same strengths and weaknesses.

Now, comments?
[Updates Pending]
Last edited by Darkship on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

You never fail to amaze me, darkship. The colors, the sexy assymetry, it all works. Well done.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Deathgod65
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Awesome ship

Post by Deathgod65 »

Wow Awesome ship man it's colouring is very co0l and awesome you make c001 bada55 shipz!! :cool:
Epic Warships in Space? Yes please!
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Fawking hawt, Darkship. Reminds me of a Kilrathi design ethic and livery. Excellent!
guilee186
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by guilee186 »

Yep, you sure never fail to impress, Darkship. I love the way you made the asymmetry look sooo good. only nitpick is that the autocannons look a bit odd.
Congratulations. You're a textbook definition of a troll. -Danny
~Armored Core is to Cosmicbreak like Starcraft II is to World of Warcraft.~
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Alright darkship, another sweet ship! Keep them coming, I know that the rest of this fleet will be as kickass. :D
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Yay, you're back! Was wondering what happened to you. can't wait to see your creations. The ship, as usual, is very good.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Awesome ship

Post by ArcaneDude »

Deathgod65 wrote:Wow Awesome ship man it's colouring is very co0l and awesome you make c001 bada55 shipz!!
l33tspeak detected. Torpedoes away.

@DS: very nice ship, glad you're back. I do however miss the 3D effect that I so admire you for. It's less pronounced.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

nice ship darkship! can u also show it in combat with some other ships? :D
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Very nice to see you back and making new ships Darkship. :)

As for your ship it looks really good with the exception of the orange and red highlighting on the back end.

Nice job overall.
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

:shock: Good. no. not good. Awesome! yes. that's it. awesome.
But is it as good in combat as it is in hangar?
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

This makes me feel bad about my own ships.
*Dives back anxiously into Shipmaker trying to make better ships*
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

parameciumkid wrote:This makes me feel bad about my own ships.
*Dives back anxiously into Shipmaker trying to make better ships*
Rofl i feel the same way... Ive spent all this time festering in the etc forum that i've been neglecting my shipbuilding skills.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Ok I'm back after a week, and soon will be gone for another week so, let me take this time to address some comments made by both old and new members.

Thanks everyone for the comments made, I see from what everyone has said that i have not lost my touch (yet).

The red and orange highlighting at the back of the Engima was done so that the dark grey of the tail area would be a bit more pronounced, though I may have misjudged this time around. I may or may not change the highlighting at the back, reason being im usually not around a computer over the week.
But is it as good in combat as it is in hangar?
Well its not balanced to anything in particular but I can show what it can do to something I just threw together recently.

Once again thanks for the comments everyone. I hope to get more ships up soon once I get time off, and well finish building the ships themselves.

Have a good one everybody.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Those really are very nice
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]