I've been working on the sections... FINAL UPDATE

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

(Is ignoring all the arguing)

Ya know if you had a inverted steampunk pack those would go nicely with these sections.

Those green ships are absolutely amazing I always love how you can make colors that would normally suck turn into pieces of art.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I'm not saying you should stop working on these, not at all. I simply expressed my concern about a few consequences that might be problematic. That doesn't mean I don't want you to make these sections. If anyone is stupid enough to leave over a couple of sections, it's their loss. I never even mentioned the word 'leaving', so I wonder why TSWA even thinks that.

@Dan: no one's being a naysayer, for the record.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

Just to cheer you up TheShipwrightArms, your a very skilled.

Also please share how you made the sections so that more people can help you remake old sections into your cool sections.

But don't mind the nay saysers, they are few and would never win any vote, so a vote is useless. They are mostly just arguing just to for the sake of arguing.
Go Go GO!!!
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

TheShipwrightArms wrote:Would people seriously want to leave because some guy released more varied content for game they liked?
No. You are misinterpreting. No one said that. No one said that you should withdraw your sections.
TheShipwrightArms wrote:Do a poll or something. Let me know.
I'll suspend work until there is a consensus.
Again, no. That would be censorship; against the whole idea of custom sections, against the 'spirit' of sharing. If someone wants to make some custom sections and share them, theres nothing to stop him.

If you don't want to release your sections, thats only your decision. Poll or someone elses opinion has no weight here.

Besides... if you don't release them, you can bet that someone else is gonna learn how to make sections like that and make his own, or even rip your sections from the images youve posted.

Can you please respond to the questions from my previous post?
12Ghost12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by 12Ghost12 »

I had a go at remaking one of the BSF stock sections into this style. I think it turned out fairly well:

maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Since everyone Misunderstands every inportant post I make I will clear it up myself:

I said I wouldn't like BSF if this became the Stock style, I'm not saying I would if you want to build ships like this. I actually would force you to do so if I could.
The point is though that your section style doesn't meet the original BSF, which was a simple looking yet awefully deep game.
Your sprites are beautifull but I sincerally hope Kaelis won't make this the Stock style of ships.
So don't stop, Go on!
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

maarten wrote:Your sprites are beautifull but I sincerally hope Kaelis won't make this the Stock style of ships.
I don't really have any say on the matter; its not up to me to decide. Even if it would, i don't think it would be fair for a single person to decide what should be the official style based solely on their subjective opinion.

I said "And as far as im concerned, this should be the official BSF style from now on" merely to emphasize how much i like these sections.
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

Far more people would enjoy the game more with the new sections then the old, less then 1994 worthy sections.

The BSF does not get any worse with better grafics. Why go for simple look when you can have great looking and awefully deep game.
Go Go GO!!!
brenwasp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by brenwasp »

I'd rather stay with normal sections than new good sections.
It gives more options to pile onto your ship instead of the new sections where you have to fit them together.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

brenwasp wrote:I'd rather stay with normal sections than new good sections.
It gives more options to pile onto your ship instead of the new sections where you have to fit them together.
You don't HAVE to fit them together. <.<
This style could probably work just as well as normal BSF sections, since they don't have shaded depth but shaded details, all it needs is more variety.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
brenwasp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by brenwasp »

Maybe you could have a mix of new sections and old sections right?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

brenwasp wrote:I'd rather stay with normal sections than new good sections.
And you don't have to fit the existing sections together in order to make a visually pleasing fleet? ;)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
brenwasp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by brenwasp »

Well, that depends....
TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by TheShipwrightArms »

ADude wrote:I never even mentioned the word 'leaving', so I wonder why TSWA even thinks that.
Kae wrote:No. You are misinterpreting. No one said that.
+
maar10 wrote:The original simple style that BSF has, made it so attractive. Easy to use but hard to master. If this would happen, I and I think some others with me would leave or keep useing the old sections.
= Either I'm not reading that right, or you're attempting implausible deniability. :lol:

Anyhow, maarten has now clarified his case. If you are all happy (or at least only marginally unhappy) for me to continue I'll proceed.

With regards to your concerns ADude, I don't think there is any really need to worry. We will still be able to tell a bad ship from a good one, inverted sections aren't a magical cure for bad shipbuilding.

Eventually everyone will settle on a style of their own and I think the community is smart enough to judge every ship on it's own merits. In my view the old sections won't go unused or become obsolete. As I said before, my own personal preference would be a mixture.

I did a test(TM).

Unarmed

I know the ship looks sawn-off but I kinda like it.

Kae, sorry dude, my time is squeezed. Will be in touch.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Keeps getting better. The purple really looks good. Although, and I know I am now doublecrossing myself, the stock Bsf sections look bad on that ship.
They aren't as shiny and cartoonish as the rest of it.