I've been working on the sections... FINAL UPDATE

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by TheShipwrightArms »

Kaelis wrote:As usual, amazing stuff. Simply amazing.

You say youve made a section pack, but is this all really sections? Or did you take a screenshot from shipmaker and 'pixelarted' all over it? I mean, its hard to believe, its that good.
Dude! That would be cheating.

And besides, what would be the point of pixelarting over a screenshot when you can just pixelart directly onto the section and save yourself the effort.

All detail will be on the sections, in the pack. Having said that it does tend to show up better when you invert the colours, as seen in the blueprints.

Mr Droid you are correct. I neglected to mention that the Punishment (anyone got the reference yet?) is an inverted then solarised beauty shot. Actual ship looks much more like the other ingame shots.
praetors
BANNED

Re: I've been working on the sections...

Post by praetors »

WOW
Gunship, stayed fairly coherent thanks to it's small size.
How i can do these effects?!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Praetors, your post has already been deleted once. Why are you so malignantly stubborn to make another one THAT IS NIGH THE SAME?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
praetors
BANNED

Post by praetors »

I had forgotten q had already posted it :D
but what is the problem?
I just want to know how did that :?
I do not understand :?

I want to know how to make these images with the colors inverted and data items identified showing
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

TheShipwrightArms wrote:I neglected to mention that the Punishment (anyone got the reference yet?) is an inverted then solarised beauty shot.
Ah, so that explains why it looks so good. I think you should make a section pack using that method.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

I have an inverted section pack with all the stock sections as well as the WF sprites and your mecha sprites. Just wondering if I'm allowed to upload them since it's only the same sections inverted.
TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

praetors wrote:I had forgotten q had already posted it :D
but what is the problem?
I just want to know how did that :?
I do not understand :?

I want to know how to make these images with the colors inverted and data items identified showing
If I was going to do a beauty shot tutorial I would post it in the appropriate section. You dig?
Kaelis wrote:I think you should make a section pack using that method.
Hmm, interesting idea. I decided to do a test.
I've inverted the first few sections of the Ikaru pack and knocked up a quick 'proof of concept' ship.

Forgive the poorly designed nature of the ship, also I've co-opted a couple of sections from the standard Ikaru pack for this.

Personally I think it's a bit cartoony for my tastes, but perhaps combined with more conventional sections might look alright.

What does everyone reckon? Continue, Restart, Quit?
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

You know, I really, really like that. That's a great graphical style.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
ragamor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ragamor »

Restart? Quit? That won't help you at all. Jumping into the ocean and swim to the cramps take you is your only options.

I just love the sections. They might be a bit cartoonish, but most high quality stuff that are not rendered are. Still, these sections are 100 times better then the standard BF sections, so i say please continue!

Can i get a beauty shot of that ship? Plain black background and a somewhat more zoomed in?
Last edited by ragamor on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Go GO!!!
TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ragamor wrote:Can i get a beauty shot of that ship? Plain black background and a somewhat more soomed in?
Got a vanilla SM shot if that's any good to you. You can handle the resizing yourself right?

brenwasp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by brenwasp »

How do you make those great glows?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

TheShipwrightArms wrote:Image
Forgive the poorly designed nature of the ship, also I've co-opted a couple of sections from the standard Ikaru pack for this.

Personally I think it's a bit cartoony for my tastes, but perhaps combined with more conventional sections might look alright.

What does everyone reckon? Continue, Restart, Quit?
...dude.

Tell me you are kidding.

THIS IS BRILLIANT.

The feeling of depth and dimension... its nothing like i have ever seen here. For me, its the best thing since 0.9... I always wanted something more 'realistic', something... less BSF-style, less 'tactical display like', you know? And i tried, many times, but nothing good ever came out of it. Now this... this is my dream come true. And as far as im concerned, this should be the official BSF style from now on. Seriously. And if you make more of these... who knows.

I even went as far as shamelessly ripping your sections from that section preview picture you posted and making a ship with them. In five minutes. A complete shipbuilding newbie can make a ship in five minutes and it still looks damn sexy: http://filesmelt.com/Imagehosting/pics/ ... a955fc.png . Now thats quality.

Bless you for doing it and sharing it with us.

Now... i ask, nay, I BEG YOU, teach me how to do it. I have a burning need to start churning out sections in this style.

And while were on that topic, is there any reliable way we could talk, preferably some kind of communicator?
Last edited by Kaelis on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

TheShipwrightArms wrote:What does everyone reckon? Continue, Restart, Quit?
Do continue. I think they need accompanying weapons in a similar style to be completed, but you could be onto something here.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Skarmory The PG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Skarmory The PG »

I find myself in love with the cartoon style. It's... well. It looks fucking great, is what.
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

Dude!!! you have got to release that section pack (especially since i have no idea how to do the shameless ripping kaelis spoke of)

ship is brilliant, and i second kaelis's suggestion to make that the standard, its perfect.