I've been working on the sections... FINAL UPDATE

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by TheShipwrightArms »

Hello, I'm back.

I figured you might like an update. Yeah I know it's been almost 4 solstan months but what're ya gonna do? That, as they say, is how I roll.

The Ikaru/Ishtar Section Pack is pretty much done, I have a 'release candidate' anyway. I've made a couple of ships too, with a further one in progress.

The pack was originally intended for a race I've dubbed the Ikaru - the more gaming savvy of you will probably get the reference.

Minelaying vessel - Engine glow?
ImageImage

Shades of the Failship...
ImageImage

First big ship I have attempted, WIP - still needs to be armed and recoloured
Click pic for normal zoom image

Next up: Radiant class gunship, made infamous for it's use of the devasting 'Slivergun'*...

See you in 4 months,

TSA

*(not a typo)
LukeRM
Commander
Commander

Post by LukeRM »

They don't seem to be as good as your other ships, but they're still excellent.

P.S. IN 4 MONTHS?!?
[url=http://rm51-place.at.ua/]Some random site I made.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3301][img]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/LukeRM/griatianflet.png[/img][/url][url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=88508#88508][img]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/LukeRM/databanks.png[/img][/url]
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Why don't you hang out a bit more? :( It's good to see you drop by, though. The section style you nailed here is definitively something, and the huge ship is excellent. It gives me fond memories of huge space shooter bosses and admirable pixel art.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I don't like the colors of your new ships but they are still awesome. I really like your blueprints too.

Why do you drop in every four months? Is it really that entertaining to make people wait that long? Could you maybe shorten the intervals to four days?
pick yer poison
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pick yer poison »

Wow, these ships are amazing. :D The style is close to Fraxy, but with a lot more of your specific brand of "fail."
"Three rights may make a left, but there's still something drastically wrong with your pathfinding algorithm."
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

HOW? Is that exalted deity of a ship a fail? The mirage is absolutely awesome so is the big ship which has a very unique sections, Epic win again good sir. :D
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

hmmmmm, I'm going to go with the theory that you are an art student or graduated from an art university, the blending of colors and the useage of so many custom sections that mesh together so brilliantly inspires me to try harder still to attempt to achieve even an iota of what you have here.

Arcalane, perhaps you could ask TSA if you could use his ships for the other alien race in your metagame? :P
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

:roll:

He's more than welcome to help as long as the ships are more in the BSF style, as neat as the pixelartish ship is.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by TheShipwrightArms »

Dudes, would love to be around more often and help out with whatnot but the every 4 months thing should tell you that I'm not over-blessed with time.

If it helps just think of me like a mate who is travelling abroad and who shows up unexpectedly from time to time bearing oddly shaped gifts.

Re the colours: Anyone else think I should try a different scheme? If so what?
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

Nah, the people who don't like this scheme are crazy.

Arc, why not have something completely un-BSFish? Would give it a definite alien feel in the metagame to have something like his big pixel ship flying around....
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Colours are fine..

I'm more interested if you'll be releasing sprite pack soon.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

As usual, amazing stuff. Simply amazing.

You say youve made a section pack, but is this all really sections? Or did you take a screenshot from shipmaker and 'pixelarted' all over it? I mean, its hard to believe, its that good.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

That last pic looks like it has its colors inverted. (At least the white/grey/blacks)
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Veronw wrote:Nah, the people who don't like this scheme are crazy.

Arc, why not have something completely un-BSFish? Would give it a definite alien feel in the metagame to have something like his big pixel ship flying around....
No. Just no. Not unless all of their ships were in the same style. Which - coincidentially - can't happen because of the nature of that as yet unrevealed faction. :roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

And here I was, wondering exactly what style to sprite my own space game in and then bam - I see the Punishment WIP. The detail is great, and using black-outlined, light-interior sections adds some unique realism. Do like.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]