Bangin' Armaments Manufacturing

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bang Doll
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Bangin' Armaments Manufacturing

Post by Bang Doll »

It seems like everyday, its getting harder and harder for an honest man to turn an honest buck in outer space, and why not? Its a tough galaxy out there, friend. What, with ruthless cut-throats, untold thousands of navigational hazards, and the ever-looming threat of sudden decompression, space isn't the place for any old tin-can rocket. A man needs all the peace of mind he can get out there. Not to mention that nothing gives cowardly bandits a piece of your mind better than a brace of laser batteries!

We at Bangin' Armaments Manufacturing understand the common man's need for tough, reliable ships that soldier on where others fail. With roomy, comfortable interiors; hard-hitting weapons batteries; and armor made of only the finest composites and superconductor weave, we aim to provide the best in spacefaring vessels.

Bangin' Armaments Manufacturing: More Bang for your Buck!

"Go Ahead" Light Warship
Whether its policing lawless frontiers, duking it out with 'roid rogues, or protecting your investments at home and abroad, you can rely on the Go Ahead to keep you and yours safe through even the thickest of action!

Features:
-A well-rounded arsenal of two "Kingfisher" Torpedo Launchers, four "Mad Angler" High-Act Missile launchers, and eight "Gazer" Heavy Beam Guns.
-Four "Flinch" Interceptor beams will keep even the heaviest of barrages away from your hull!
-Roomy interior with enough space for two full command staffs, general personnel, and two full squads of Naval Guardsmen!
-Full-featured kitchen, bath, and gym.
-Redundancy: Tired of your entire command staff dying horribly from one well-placed shot to the bridge? Fed up with lucky shots disabling your engines? Fear no more! With its redundant design, the Go Ahead's two bridges, two reactors, and repeated weapon system leave the ship 88% combat effective even if three-fourths of the ship have been blown away!
-Boron-Carbon composite armor can withstand even the hardest missile barrages, and in-laid superconductor weave renders even the most powerful laser beams completely useless!

"Drag Along" Heavy Warship
There are days when a man is in no mind for monkey business. Days when you don't feel like giving the enemy a fair fight. Days when you just want to absolutely crush the spirits of anyone foolish or mad enough to cross you. And nothing breaks morale faster than seeing a Drag Along heavy warship bearing down, weapons blazing!
Last edited by Bang Doll on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Redundancy=Repitition
I don't like the Drag Along. Too square.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Ohh, pretty. I'm not totally sold on the "station = ship" or "double-ended ship" idea, but the shapes are nice nonetheless.

One gripe is the blue used for the central axis - it divides up the hull, not necessarily in a nice manner.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

I think the colours work, and as to bl3d4's comments... no, here redundancy=/=repetition, here it gives a pattern and a nice combat bonus. Perhaps as Venator says the blue on the first ship is not quite right, but otherwise it works.

The second ship has a nice pattern to it, though I'm not sold that it's a warship - it looks far too much like a station, heh. I think having the blue on a higher layer here makes it work better than on the first ship.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

I agree with the above, they are 2way symmetrical = bad but good station.
The drag along....no wonder its called the drag along, it looks like a station that needs to be dragged along but its original and smooth, just add bit of asymmetrical into it.
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
Bang Doll
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bang Doll »

Updated the colors on the Go Ahead to lower the contrast a bit.

I guess the "perfectly" symmetrical style is none too popular, eh? Well, if the worst you can say of them is a color flaw and that you don't like the shape, I guess I didn't do too horribly then!
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

It would be nice if you can get them to turn while going, but they would remain straight, I'd think, which would detract from the symmetry.

The new colors, imo, are worse than the old. I'd also recommend keeping old shots (maybe making them smaller). The only problem I had with the old scheme was the large blotching of blue on the larger ship. Vary the tones and it would be fine as all blue, just not the same shade.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Colour on the first ship is, I think, a marginal improvement, only now the green sections stand out :p
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

I actually really like these ships (the drag along in particular). The colours are decent and the section usage is pretty good, every thing seems to fit nicely.

Good work, I am looking forward to seeing more.