AD's Assorted Fanships (former Norexan): BSG

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

That exposed ribbing(and the older sections tbh) on the forward section were really bugging me but looking at the reference picture, that is pretty darn accurate... Seems odd that they would leave so much area without armor plates but its obviously deliberate...I wonder if they give an explanation...
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Well Galactica is one of the earliest battlestars right?
And the battlestar wiki said something about the shipyard cutting corners during construction. Maybe lack of armour is one of them.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The ribs are actually meant to reinforce the armour beneath, as to give it better structural strength...The lighter plating is cosmetic, just to cover machinery. (At least I think.)
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The moment you've all been waiting for;

Downloads!

Battlestar Galactica v01
http://www.mediafire.com/?noymzzd3yoj

This contains the armed, full version of the .shp, plus the .sb4. Fighters haven't been added yet, that'll be something for version 02.

Instructions

Unpackaging~

-put the "Battlestar Galactica" folder wherever the hell you want to.
-put the "AD_BSG" folder in your custom sprites folder.

-To extend or retract the hangar bays; press ', (comma)'.
-The heavy guns and missiles will only target larger ships.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

truly impressive! Initial impressions were that the crest really completes it, but the thrusters seemed rather small(at least during combat, I probably didn't get it up to full.) and the flack field was lacking somewhat, visually at least. It pwned the strongest ship i have, it does put out some right proper damage! The flight pods moving was probably one of the coolest things.I hope you eventually get time for other bsg ships.

*edit* I meant a dieterling would look good on it since the effect and functionality seem similar to what they use in the show.
Also it tried to use a custom bullet...are those in your folders somewhere?
Last edited by jwa8402 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Dieterling? I no got no Dieterling on that. :?

Thanks for the compliments, though. I do believe this panned out rather well. The flak field is an oddity; the tacnukes I use for it don't seem to respond to range changes. I got them to behave fairly well, but even though it's range is 250, the bolts travel +/- 1000 pixels far nonetheless.

I do have the time to build other BSG ships now, most of my time shortage has been sorted out. I'll see whether I get to it.