The Grundam Private Contractor Opens

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

The Grundam Private Contractor Opens

Post by DoomBringer »

Grundam Atheist Class Dreadnought

The first Ship concept Torpedoes Extended
Pew Pew

Front Recoiling

Whole Semi Retracted
Whole Extended

Final Concept Torpedoes Retracted

Whaddya think? :D
Last edited by DoomBringer on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Nice, but take a better look at the concept of the original, try to improve the internal work.

Its a nice one overal, and only some more detail on the wings won't hurt :P :roll: :)

Is that thing on the front a core?
Remember the core has to be in the middle
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

MelvinVm wrote:Remember the core has to be in the middle
No, it does not. One can put a core wherever they choose, however most choose the middle because it is the most protected. If he wants to put it up front, that's his risk.
I can't tell whether that is an actual core or a dummy core somehow added (I have minimal knowledge of new features).
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Blue dot = either core or a random custom section with custom colouring. Which is unlikely.

Core at front = retarded in terms of survivability without hp modded or aegised sections in front, and will lower the hp of the entire ship (sections behind the core have reduced hp, iirc). Plus it will turn a bit funky. But then again, it's his ship.

Unfortunately, my uni internet doesn't like your image host, so I can't comment on the detailing, but I like the shape of the wings.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Stop cracking on his core. It's his first ship and he probably doesn't even understand BSF mechanics enough to realize that blowing up the core means blowing up the ship. In fact, I'd suspect that the parenting of the ship is also quite funky, if fixable.

Other than that, I definitely see a lot of potential and the beginnings of a great shipmaker in the works. Three main suggestions.
  • Vary your section usage. Repetitiveness is unappealing to the eyes and takes away from the overall design of the ship. By increasing the variety of sections used, you can make each part of the ship a new experience that contributes to the overall beauty of the ship.

Plan your ship out from beginning to end before starting to put it together. By having a general idea of what the final product is going to look like, the ship will look complete and refined, rather than "rough around the edges", if you will. It becomes a comprehensive ship, more so than a random collection of parts loosely put together to form some shape. It also allows you to cut down on the number of sections used, leading me directly into my last major suggestion.

Again, streamline the number of sections you are using. The silhouette of the ship is important, but just as important is the "inside" of the ship. Each piece placed should have a specific purpose within the ship - preferably not just a filler section needed to get to the next section. Also, the best ships have a sense of distinct layering, giving a "3D" feel to the ship. The bridge, the core, the body, the weapon mounts, any wings; each should be distinct within the ship as a whole.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Mak0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mak0 »

Very nice ship, could use a bit more color variation imo, and a bit too much use of that trianglular part but overall a nice design :mrgreen:

Being a big fan of triggers,i really wanna see what your ship can do real-time (bit obscure in the pics). Send me a pm if you wanna know how to make gif's
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

The problem with putting cores too far from the middle is that the ship rotates around the core, which would look weird with a core that was far from the perceived center of gravity.