Aurelian Star Empire (Updated; First DL)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

n00bn0va
Ensign
Ensign

Post by n00bn0va »

Wow. Nice ships. I am awed. By the way, how do you get some of the parts i can't find in SM? is it modded or something? And could you tell me how you got them? And i was just looking through the ships on the forum and why do some have a bubble shield? I also can't find it in SM. Please reply me ASAP. Thanks!
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

n00bn0va wrote:Wow. Nice ships. I am awed. By the way, how do you get some of the parts i can't find in SM? is it modded or something? And could you tell me how you got them? And i was just looking through the ships on the forum and why do some have a bubble shield? I also can't find it in SM. Please reply me ASAP. Thanks!
Look in the cutom content forum for the relevant sections and for the instructions on how to install and use them.
Bang Doll
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bang Doll »

I think my favorite thing about the ships is how difficult it is to pick out the individual pieces you used - they all just flow so well.
guilee186
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by guilee186 »

Wow. I just can't believe what I see. These ships flow so well. On the other hand, the carrier looks weak in the center, with that thin strut keeping the ship together, unlike the other ships which are better reinforced.
Congratulations. You're a textbook definition of a troll. -Danny
~Armored Core is to Cosmicbreak like Starcraft II is to World of Warcraft.~
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

Wow. I just can't believe what I see. These ships flow so well. On the other hand, the carrier looks weak in the center, with that thin strut keeping the ship together
It is probably intentional but it is not so weak it is protected at the front and back and the openings at the sides seem narrow for an inaccurate to hit enough to destroy, it could also be protected by battleships.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The carrier looks fragile because it has no massive missile bays. It's still protected by a more powerful shield and has more powerful armour than most other ships to compensate. Besides, it usually operates on long range, away from the battlefield.

On a side note;

Issues I have to work out before giving a DL;

- The fighter doesn't work properly. It just hovers over the target, unable to hit it.

- The Celestia spawns error messages when opened in sandbox. Probably something to do with changes I made to the missiles, so I'm just gonna remove and rebuild those.

The fleet is balanced per LS' Judges, so no more issues on that.

EDIT;@noobnova: some of the parts used in there are of my own making, I'll put up a DL for those soon.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

when you say "judges" do you mean the balanciing fleet, or the actual judges?
...please be the former...
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

They're a tad more powerful than the balancing fleet, but come out nicely against the actual judges, so I guess balancing is okay.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bumpety. First DL is online, link right beneath the species pic in the first post.

EDIT: as always, C&C is appreciated.
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Groovy. Out of curiosity, where'd you get that image of the species?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

D-d-d-d-d-DeviantArt. As always. I get most of my images from there.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

You seem to have forgot to mention that your ships use your forerunner pack,zica bolts from the tyrian pack,and some CE sprites.

By the way,where the hell do I get CE sprites?
Skrim
Commander
Commander

Post by Skrim »

The CE sprites are missing, but the Certis, Varis and Paravel can still be loaded in the Shipmaker without having any "?" sprites on them. Despite that, I can't get any of the provided Shps to run in the game, though I can still get the ships to work by opening the SB4s and saving new Shps. :?
My ships:
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3362]Federation of the Rings(old)[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3578]Random[/url] [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3493]Ships[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2709]Vol'Nir Star Navy(very old)[/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I forgot to mention that, sorry.

I'll post a DL to all of those soon, CE sprites are just the development versions of many of the new sections. I tend to hussle the old versions with the new versions, sorry.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/154522/BSF/CE.rar <---Just a different way of organizing already released sprites. Should let you use AD's ships though.