New Lurker Ship for New Shipmaker

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Wuggles
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

New Lurker Ship for New Shipmaker

Post by Wuggles »

Howdy everyone. I got to say, this new Shipmaker is mighty spiffy, so I thought I'd give it a go. Here, for your consideration, the Regolith.

The Regolith is a heavy assault utility cruiser. Armed with a conventional armament of missiles and heavy shells, the Regolith is a creation of a bygone era. While perhaps not the most advanced vessel, the Regolith is capable of holding its own against swarms of pirate ships in the far reaches of space. Also, it is capable of interplanetary travel, and traversing asteroid belts through the use of a heavy ablative shield. (Hitting "," and "." for the optional drag extenders)

Well, I think I want to make a few improvements before I put up a link for download. So, what do you all think of my first crack at this new beast of an editor? :)
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Another prime example of why lurking here is a good idea. This ship is excellent, a unique style but very good use of the new features. If you need a criticism, I'd say that the thruster extension struts could be a bit more detailed. But other than that, fantastic work.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Whoa, nice. Lurking truly is a good thing.

And...
Are those the same ship?
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Razin
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Razin »

Very nice! The one little thing that jumps out at me is the way the front-most and back-most pointed curved sections of the folded ship's front (I don't know section names, if that's not descriptive enough I'll draw a picture : /) have one overlapping the other. Perhaps you could play with that a bit, as it might look better if that bit of asymmetry on a symmetrical ship is fixed.
Wuggles
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Wuggles »

Exethalion: Alrighty, yeah, in hindsight I should have spent more time on those.

Slayer0019: Yup, the shield is powered by a rotating circle. The effect, I think, is pretty spiffy, but I'm not too sure how to make an animated gif...

Razin: That always bothered me as well, but it being my first try on this whole thing I didn't fuss with it too much, more of a proof of concept really. Next one will be better. :)