No Known Survivors

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Tsakara
Captain
Captain

No Known Survivors

Post by Tsakara »

"Isac its me, I wish I could talk to you...I wish I could just, talk to someone, its all falling apart here, I can't believe what's happening..."

"How many times you gonna watch that thing? I guess you really miss her. Don't worry we're almost there, you'll be able to look her up once we're onboard. Sounds like you to have a lot of catching up to do."

"The USG Ishimura, biggest planetcracker in her class."
"Why is it all dark? I don't see any running lights."

"USG Ishimura, this is the emergency maintenance team of the USG Kellion responding to your distress call. Come in Ishimura."

"Never heard of a total communications blackout on one of these things, you'd think with a thousand people onboard someone would pick up the phone...."

So yeah, I'm back, and I thought I'd kick off my return with one of my current favorite video game ships, The USG Ishimura, setting for EA's bestselling survival horror game, Deadspace.
The design itself looks much more interesting in 3d, and there was very little imagery to go off, but I think I captured the idea of the ship rather well. It has no real offensive weapon, it being a mining ship and all, but it does have a series of grav arrays and I keep toying with the idea of sticking Tesla turrets on the tips of the grav cranes.

I'm not sure how it performs ingame since the game bugs up and just doesn't load it or any of my other large ships that worked in previous versions. I'm not sure why.

If you want to play with it, or try and see if you can get it working ingame, here is the download

Only

The Dead

Survive
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Oh wow, Tsakara.

Seriously, just wow.

You haven't improved at all. In fact, I'd dare say you've gotten worse. I'm not actually sure what to say about this. What is there to say about this, it's a big, bland brick with lots of repetition and no real depth. I'm being completely honest when I say some of the people who have only been here for a few weeks can do better... I just... I'm shocked by how appallingly bad this is.

I mean yeah, it's big. And it probably would look better if it WASN'T so big. Then you wouldn't have needed to abuse repetition so much. The only parts of this ship that aren't horribly ugly are terribly bland. Nothing about this ship stands out, except that it's... not really very good at all.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

I completely agree, It is a giant pile of shit. Honestly, I tried to avoid repetition and give it depth of field, but it was really too big of a project for me to have started on after having not used BSF in like, a year.
I think the center hull sections ended up looking quasi decent, but like you said, lacks depth, the back engine areas on the actual ship were big, flat, and bland looking, and there really wasn't much to work with in order to make it look good. (on that note I've been fiddling around in paint making big, flat, bland hull plates since there is a definite shortage of them and I keep needing them ><)
Overall, the only thing I think I did really well was get the overall shape and those cranes on it, I think I did the cranes pretty well.

So yeah, its junk, and I don't expect anyone to really think anything else of it, but I spent far to much time on it to NOT upload it, even if it is junk.
I've started working on my new fleet, but I need to do a lot of reading before I really bite into it, I'm kinda examining all the really good ship models in both the shipmaker and ingame with intensive scrutiny to try to improve upon my current construction methods.
I think if nothing else though, this ship has taught me a lot while building it, and if was fun to do, so...meh. make what you will of it.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Well, as long as you know that it needs improvement, and you have learned in the process of making it, then all is good. Hopefully the next ship you release will be a massive improvement over this one. I suspect it likely will be.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Elias_The_Crimson
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Elias_The_Crimson »

Hmm... It's obvious that you put a LOT of love and effort into this, especially considering the rich detail. I guess that someone who likes/has played Dead space could find this totally awesome, but I haven't, so... I don't :/
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

It's unfortunate, but the Ishimura really doesn't have many redeeming aesthetic features in a top-down view.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

uhh... would this even fit in the sandbox??
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Isu wrote:uhh... would this even fit in the sandbox??
With a big enough sandbox anything is possible. :D

Tsakara, from what little I've seen of the Ishimura it looks like a faithful rendition. If it had some more section variation I personally think it could become quite a handsome ship.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Here's what I'd suggest, so long as the shape of the actual ship permits it.

I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Swamp Fox wrote:
Isu wrote:uhh... would this even fit in the sandbox??
With a big enough sandbox anything is possible. :D
Lawl... i havent figured out how to resize the sandbox yet...
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.