Some random new stuff.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

I can't get your carrier to work in game, no matter where the ship folder is - it can't seem to find the drone file. On top of that, the SM file you provided says it was made with a different version, but I'm using .9b as far as I know - any idea what's going on there?

Edit: actually, my own carriers have stopped too - I'll have to see what's going on there.

Edot2: ok, launching BSF from a game file not in the default directory screws up ship loading references, heh. However, your carrier's ship deployer modules need to have their range extended: the range tells the module to deploy when an enemy comes within said distance - yours is tiny, and as such it won't deploy unless the carrier passes directly OVER the enemy ships, which I'm pretty certain it's not designed to do ;)

On the ships: The Berlioz has poor parenting on the red doodads towards the front, they can float easily if the overlaying n underlaying sections are destroyed. Likewise, the support for the Cromag's central autocannon is not connected to its parent, and was left floating when I used it. Small changes, but were obvious from the first time I used them ;) Otherwise, from early plays they seem pretty cool.

(see above carrier comment as well)
Last edited by Wicky_42 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Jimmy_the_Llama
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Jimmy_the_Llama »

Wow! This is really great, blackhart!

The ships have a uniform but unique design to each of them, the green is good (people have already pointed it out, but it doesn't hurt), and the colour placement is pretty darn good.

Btw, is the genobee the successor or predecessor to to the Huetep?
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Wicky_42 wrote:I can't get your carrier to work in game, no matter where the ship folder is - it can't seem to find the drone file. On top of that, the SM file you provided says it was made with a different version, but I'm using .9b as far as I know - any idea what's going on there?

Edit: actually, my own carriers have stopped too - I'll have to see what's going on there.

Edot2: ok, launching BSF from a game file not in the default directory screws up ship loading references, heh. However, your carrier's ship deployer modules need to have their range extended: the range tells the module to deploy when an enemy comes within said distance - yours is tiny, and as such it won't deploy unless the carrier passes directly OVER the enemy ships, which I'm pretty certain it's not designed to do ;)

On the ships: The Berlioz has poor parenting on the red doodads towards the front, they can float easily if the overlaying n underlaying sections are destroyed. Likewise, the support for the Cromag's central autocannon is not connected to its parent, and was left floating when I used it. Small changes, but were obvious from the first time I used them ;) Otherwise, from early plays they seem pretty cool.

(see above carrier comment as well)
Ah thanks for pointing these things out Wicky

Ill get to work on them right away.
Jimmy_the_Llama wrote:Btw, is the genobee the successor or predecessor to to the Huetep?
Whoops :oops:
Fixed.

EDIT:
Version 0.5 is up, it can be found in the first post.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Okay time for another random update.

After finishing my first minifleet I decided to make a second, just for shits and giggles :lol:.

Here are some design concepts I came up with.

The Mediator

The Harbringer

And old version of the Harbringer

The Hellbardier
This ship kind of runs with the previous ship's design.

The Maelstrom

I am aware that some of them need colouring, I am just in the process of finding a good colour combination. So what do you guys think?
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Needs something to complement the blue shields.

But what I'd really love to see is for someone to make good use of the green shields.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

I decided to run with the Mediator's design, and this is what I got.

Here is the recoloured mediator, which I renamed the Phobos

And here is the newest addition, which is a cruiser class known as the Shodan.

Any C&C is appreciated.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

I think I like it.

Unfortunately that's all I can say at this point.No real comments on the design no nit picks.Just bliss.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

personally, I would recommend using hidden weapons for these ships, as the weapons on them (and the pd) are just... blech :/ they really don't work with the style.
Beyond that though, I generally like them. No real specific criticism.
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

hide weapons (make implied weapons) and I would lighten the color on the front two pieces on the Shodan. I like them both; they have style, and the colors match well.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

I do think the particle cannons match well on the Shodan.
Skrim
Commander
Commander

Post by Skrim »

I like this fleet better than the Legion of Stars ships. Especially the Shodan and Harbinger. The teal-&-gray color scheme and curvy design makes it look as if it were constructed by some art-happy aquatic species. :)
My ships:
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3362]Federation of the Rings(old)[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3578]Random[/url] [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3493]Ships[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2709]Vol'Nir Star Navy(very old)[/url]
Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Post by Zoid Crusader »

Am....am i dreaming? or do i actually see the most incredible ships i have ever seen and has an idea but dosent think it will work.

also that "leach" is awesome you should make it like a mobile cannon in other words it has a secret weapon stretching through its body or something like that
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Skrim wrote:The teal-&-gray color scheme and curvy design makes it look as if it were constructed by some art-happy aquatic species. :)
Who says it wasn't? :wink:
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Well, it has been a while since I have updated, so here are two new ships I have been working on.

Nuemos mine layer frigate

Pulsar mine

Cosmos Dreadnought

I've been pretty busy lately so I won't be updating as often as I normally would, but rest assured that I'm still around and building :).

C&C appreciated.
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

Cosmos is your best yet, but it looks extraordinarily similar to the Shodan.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]