Some random new stuff.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

I can see the aegis removed from the third upper block from the left. The others may be hidden/covered/invisible... (yes|no?)

Awesome is the first and overall reaction elicited.

Seeing this, I want to do something similar with my old Mara ships...

Ten stars all the way :D
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Okay, time for another random update!

You know those random ships I made up in some of my more earlier posts in this thread? Well... I took some time to make a mini-fleet out of them!

Take a look.
The fleet in a standard offensive formation.

Some individual ship pics:

Garrude fighter drone

Dreda corvette

Buezard frigate

Dresda patrol cruiser

Berlioz anti-capitol ship cruiser

Cromag multi-roll cruiser

Huetep heavy cruiser (with retractable armor plating)

Garudar battle carrier
(for some reason the ship deployers spawn horizontal ingame when they are vertical in the ship maker :? It still looks good tho IMO)

Still haven't thought a name for the faction, and I still need a dreadnaught...

So anyway, C&C appreciated.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

You could alpha them and place custom sprites in their place,spr_ShipDeployer is in the stock weapons folder.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

awsome leach, could we have a download?

also, i can't seem to get my ship spawners to work, how do you do it?
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

I like the new fleet, but on the Huetep heavy cruiser, I feel like there needs to be something on top of that Stock_17 in the middle. It looks too... flat to me. Maybe a large turret with a long barrel (or barrels: I rather like the concept of having one of the new "twin" guns) mounted on the long section on the back (with the six Deflectors) such that it covers the edge between the long section and the 17. My gut say to use a Particle Cannon, but try out some other guns as well, like maybe a TacNuke or even a Demeter Pod Launcher if you are so inclined.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

I agree with VNilla. Also, yours is one of the few schemes using green highlights that doesn't hurt my eyes. Good toning and structure; nice job.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

Very nice, generally well done ships. Would love to get a download, of course :) With that said, the ship that I would have to say I have the most problems with is the Berlioz. The upper gun area (where the torpedo is mounted) is just very... blech. It's glaringly different from the rest of the fleets style, and stands out from the base ship like a sore thumb. My only other complaint is that the difference between the Huetep's two forms is a bit too subtle for my taste (not really much difference) Although that's more of a personal thing. All in all though, very well done.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

flabort wrote:awesome leach, could we have a download?

also, i can't seem to get my ship spawners to work, how do you do it?

I'm still working on the Vulgivagus at the time being, but I'll release a download as soon as its done.

As for the ship spawners, well I don't think I'm the one to help you with that problem. For me, some times they work and sometimes they don't. All I can really suggest is to make sure that the ship file name is correct. :roll:
VNilla wrote:
I like the new fleet, but on the Huetep heavy cruiser, I feel like there needs to be something on top of that Stock_17 in the middle. It looks too... flat to me. Maybe a large turret with a long barrel (or barrels: I rather like the concept of having one of the new "twin" guns) mounted on the long section on the back (with the six Deflectors) such that it covers the edge between the long section and the 17. My gut say to use a Particle Cannon, but try out some other guns as well, like maybe a TacNuke or even a Demeter Pod Launcher if you are so inclined.

I was thinking of replacing that section all together and substituting it with something more in line with the current design. I'll see what I can do.
Krishach wrote: I agree with VNilla. Also, yours is one of the few schemes using green highlights that doesn't hurt my eyes. Good toning and structure; nice job.

Thanks, the green wasn't the actual colour scheme at first. Seeing as mini fleet submissions needed a player colour in order to determine what side was controlling them. I decided to change the faded red to player colours.
lightstriker wrote: Very nice, generally well done ships. Would love to get a download, of course With that said, the ship that I would have to say I have the most problems with is the Berlioz. The upper gun area (where the torpedo is mounted) is just very... blech. It's glaringly different from the rest of the fleets style, and stands out from the base ship like a sore thumb. My only other complaint is that the difference between the Huetep's two forms is a bit too subtle for my taste (not really much difference) Although that's more of a personal thing. All in all though, very well done.
Hmmm... Maybe making the Berlioz more symmetrical and giving the other side a torpedo launcher will fix that problem. As for the Huetep I was thinking of removing the retractable plating altogether. The Huetep's design and retractable plating doesn't really fit with the rest of the fleet's style in my opinion. I was also thinking of turning it into a dreadnought of some sort (even tho I just built one, which I'll show off sometime tomorrow maybe :roll:). As I said earlier I'll see what I can do with the Huetep and the Barlioz.

Also I'll release a download when they are ready and balanced (which should be soon :) ).

Thanks for the comments guys, keep'em coming.
_Ti__
Commander
Commander

Post by _Ti__ »

lightstriker wrote: Very nice, generally well done ships. Would love to get a download, of course With that said, the ship that I would have to say I have the most problems with is the Berlioz. The upper gun area (where the torpedo is mounted) is just very... blech. It's glaringly different from the rest of the fleets style, and stands out from the base ship like a sore thumb. My only other complaint is that the difference between the Huetep's two forms is a bit too subtle for my taste (not really much difference) Although that's more of a personal thing. All in all though, very well done.
Hmmm... Maybe making the Berlioz more symmetrical and giving the other side a torpedo launcher will fix that problem. As for the Huetep I was thinking of removing the retractable plating altogether. The Huetep's design and retractable plating doesn't really fit with the rest of the fleet's style in my opinion. I was also thinking of turning it into a dreadnought of some sort (even tho I just built one, which I'll show off sometime tomorrow maybe :roll:). As I said earlier I'll see what I can do with the Huetep and the Barlioz.
No, please, no, the Berlioz is fine! :S The torpedo area assymetry is really nice, very well done. But I agree about the Huetep, needs some work. In general(all this fleet) you could work more on details, as doodads and such. The shapes and style are awesome.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2315][b]ENEBRA COLONIAL NAVY[/b][/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/_Ti__/ECNsig.jpg[/img]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Well, I'm done editing the Huetep and Berlioz. Take a look:

The Huetep seasoned dreadnought (I'll explain the "seasoned" when I write up the descriptions and story for this new faction :) )

As you can see the Huetep has undergone a complete revision. The Huetep is now a dreadnought class with a new bridge section and engines. I've removed the retractable armor plating and added some weapons, and doodads.

The Berlioz anti-capitol ship cruiser

I've added some doodads for more detail and another torpedo launcher to the berlioz (sorry _Ti__ :( ).

I would also like to present a new dreadnought I've been working on the last couple of days.

The Genobee advanced dreadnought

C&C is appreciaded.
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

you may want to pick a different highlight color, or another one. Gray and brown are too close together.

maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Krishach wrote:you may want to pick a different highlight color, or another one. Gray and brown are too close together.
That may be but it just looks right.
It looks a bit old and battered, so it gives the real military feeling.
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

then add another highlight for a depth feel of the same colors, but lighter shades. Since each group of color is the same shade, it makes it look very very flat. The higher sections would improve by having a lighter shade, even slightly than the ones underneath. Like when the raised pieces of a car design catch the light.

You've GOT some already, but there is so so little of the darker color it might as well not be there. Make the next highlight set within the brown, and it will give the gray more contrast by its mere existence.

Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

I conjured up a little story for my mini-fleet's faction durring my spare time. The story and pretty much everything in this thread that I've made can now be found in the first post.

EDIT:

The download is now up for my mini fleet, check first post for details.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Update:

A new version of my fleet is up, for those of you that have already downloaded simply delete the old version and replace it with this one. The download can be found in the first post along with sprite requirements and other things.

And sorry for the double post.

Edit:
I'm pretty much finished the balancing, version 0.3 is now up.
Here is the download:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... rs_0.3.rar
Sorry for the inconvenience :oops:.