Some random new stuff.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

I much prefer the new faded red accents on these ships; it adds a sense of visual "zing," per se.

EDIT: Holy crap! I just made Lieutenant Commander! :D
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Would you like a cookie? Well tough, you can't have one. :roll: The ranking system means nothing.

~~

The colours are much better now. We can actually see details! :P I like the containers on the Daora.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Well, I came up with this one this morning.
I call it the ship leech (sorry for the crappy name, I came up with it on the spot :lol: )

Its still not done, I plan to make it longer (almost like a needle) and with more organic looking parts extending from the metal hull. Any ideas or suggestions on this work in progress are appreciated.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Arcalane wrote:Would you like a cookie? Well tough, you can't have one. :roll: The ranking system means nothing.
Yeah, I know. It's just that I'm one of those "easily amused" types. :D Sorry.

Also, I think "Ship Leech" is rather fitting, although it does need something... Maybe make it more abstract-y or something? Maybe some figurative language?

Although when I saw the needles expanding out of the corner of my eye, I did nearly sh*t myself... :shock:
~~~~~
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Well, I'm mostly finished the outer hull of the "ship leech" and I'm now working on the internals and moving parts of the ship.

Take a look...
This will be the basic shape of the ship.

I still have to fix a few things like the tail end of the ship. But I can do that while Im working on the moving parts.
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

Is it going to wiggle? Because that would be totally... leechlike :)

It really looks like a technological shell encasing a being of pure evil, harnessing it so it can be used as a weapon. Really nice.

Are those red bits near the center going to stay like that? They seem a bit random now, as if you forgot to cover them.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Very nice! :D I can't wait to see what it will look like once it gets some weapons!
~~~~~
~~~~~
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Aaganrmu wrote:Are those red bits near the center going to stay like that? They seem a bit random now, as if you forgot to cover them.
The red parts in the middle actualy throb in and out slightly, just to give a sence that something is actualy living inside the shell of the ship.
But I mostly put them there so that it's not just that small, thin section connecting the head and tail areas of the ship.
Maybe I'll work on a trigger that covers them up untill it reveals itself.
Aaganrmu wrote:Is it going to wiggle? Because that would be totally... leechlike
Good idea actualy, and I might try to implement it into later versions, but not right now. I'm not really that experienced with using triggers :oops:
Singularity
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Singularity »

What about using weapon drivers to make the tail get sortof dragged behind the ship? That would be nice.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Singularity: I think that is the most brilliant thing you have said. Ever.
if it works :D
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

derekiv wrote:Singularity: I think that is the most brilliant thing you have said. Ever.
if it works :D
trust me: that works pretty well. I did that with some ships already. You only have to set the range to 0 so they don't target anyting and there you have your dragging tail.

this thing is turning out to be an interesting ship
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Well I've working on the leech ship, or what I have now dubbed the "Vulgivagus Bestia," which means vagrant beast in Latin.

It's coming along quite well, I've taken singularity's idea (thanks for the wonderful idea by the way :) ) into consideration and implemented it into the ship.
Yes, that's right, it has a dragging tail now. :D
I'm still working out a few kinks here and there (trigger timing, tail dragging angles, colouring, etc.), and I have yet to give it some decent weapons.

Anyway, enough talk, time for pics...

Extending

Retracting

Tail dragging action
(head also turns slightly toward its target)
(whoops, forgot to turn gradients off :oops:)

Frame skipping was used to meet the file size limit for image uploading on photobucket, sorry for the choppy gifs.

In conclusion, any ideas or suggestions for weapons, features, or anything of the sort, as well as C&C is appreciated.

EDIT:
I also plan to get rid of the claw like appendage that sticks out of the right side of the ship. I just havent thought of something to replace it :?
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

How does the tail dragging bit work? Plan on telling us or keep it a secret? It looks awesome by the way.
When in deadly danger, When beset by doubt, Run in little circles, Wave your arms and shout
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Perturabo wrote:How does the tail dragging bit work? Plan on telling us or keep it a secret? It looks awesome by the way.
Slow-turning drivers that can't keep up with the ship's rate of turn, and thus drag behind it when it turns.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

O.M.G. :shock:

That is fantastic. It's really something special, I've never seen such a ship before. Lots of nice details, like the 'lock' on the head, and the shields moving in to cover the fleshy bits in the center, and getting locked/clasped too... Wow.

The asymmetrical bit bugs me a little, though. I see what you're trying to accomplish, but the whole ship is symmetrical except for two/three details. Now it stands out too much for my tastes, so maybe add some more asymmetrical sections or remove them causing the overall look to be a bit more uniform.

But still... wow.