The Ships of Seraphim Industries - Last Updated 12/23/07

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

The Ships of Seraphim Industries - Last Updated 12/23/07

Post by Anna »

Well... I'm gonna share some of my ship designs. I'm still getting the hang of it, although the competition has given me lots of practice. These ships here are more designed for looking pretty than anything else. They're all horrendously over-powered, and generally not much fun to fight. But they're nice to look at. :D

And here's the first of the bunch, Trance Gemini:
Download the Trance Gemini.
She's not very pretty, but her design was the base that I expanded upon for the next two ships.

Secondly, there's the Romeda:
Download the Romeda.
I'm quite proud of this one... it looks very flashy.

Thirdly, there's the Andaro:
Download the Andaro.
Same basic concept as the Romeda... except I wanted the wings to be facing in the right direction, and fanning out more. Something seems not quite right with it, but I can't quite tell what, which irritates me.

This monstrosity is the Daemos Battle Cruiser:
Download the Daemos Battle Cruiser.
It's so big, that even when fully zoomed out, the Shipmaker won't show the whole thing. I don't use this one for much of anything, other than looking at, 'cause it lags my game up a bit. But it's pretty powerful in its own right.

And lastly, is what is supposed to be, the Andromeda Ascendant:
Download the Andromeda Ascendant.
I wanted to try and make the Andromeda in BSF... I'm quite pleased with the results, really. It could use some work, certainly, but it comes fairly close to how I remember the Andromeda looking. It has 40 missles cramed on there. Well, it did, but it looked so bland when it fired them, so I replaced some of the missles with Pulsars, and some with Plasmas, and some with Weasels. Over all, it has 40 Missile-like weapons. Each fires 8 times a second, for 4 seconds, before spending 2 seconds reloading. It has a fairly advanced point-defense system, too. It's obscenely powerful, but the Andromeda Ascendant was supposed to be capable of laying waste to planets from orbit, so... I think this does it justice.

Anyone got ideas for something else for me to try making?

I'm trying to start making more balanced ships. If not balanced against the standard ships, then at least balanced somewhat against each other...
Last edited by Anna on Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:38 am, edited 15 times in total.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
RRoan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Ships of Seraphim Industries

Post by RRoan »

Another person going for looks over gameplay!. Yay. And they look pretty good, too.
Anna wrote:It's so big, that even when fully zoomed out, the Shipmaker won't show the whole thing.
The way you get around that is by taking two screenshots and pasting 'em together.
[url=http://www.omniversezero.com/forum/][img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3814/sigpiclc4.jpg[/img][/url]
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

I like the Andaro
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
MaxAstro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by MaxAstro »

I would like to say, Seraph, that you WIN. ^_^ I love your naming scheme, and the ships seem very appropriate to what they are named after. :)

All of the ships look really awesome, and the Andromeda seems well done.

Now we just need the Magog Worldship, no? :P I'm thinking lots and lots of Demeters... :D
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

Oh my god, the Andaro looks SWEET. It looks like a Phoenix.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I have to say, the first three look rather funky. :) I don't usually like seeing parts stretched, but I think you've done it rather well.

Nice replication of the Andromeda Ascendant too. ;)
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

I like the first one despite it's being less fancy then the others. It just has this nice solid-looking design. (Those railguns are hax.)

The two winged ones are shiny... not sure I'd want to try to load the Daemos though. It'd probably kill my computer.
Taioko
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Taioko »

Aw man, the winged effect is something I've tried doing repeatedly, yet I've never taken the time to sit down and try it proper... Man, nice job with it there, with the Andaro.

The Romeda is pretty good, it's somewhat like almost a reverse Andaro... All in all, they all look good in their own way...

Very nice, I think!... Of course, the Daemos is Aegis-crazy, but... Well... It looks awesome.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Cool... I bit on the light (as in the components aren't densely packed like my fleet), but nonetheless awesome. My dreadnought (see my fleet) came close to destroying the Andaro, but no cigar... It's too deflector happy =C
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Here's my latest creation... it's another winged thing. I haven't gotten around to putting any weapons or anything on it, yet. So feel free to take it and arm it up as you will. Having different variants on a ship is fun. Please share your designs if you do.

I call it, the Anasazi:
Download it here.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :D
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

That is awesome.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Actually, I really like the first one, the Trance Gemini.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Shadow Hydra
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Shadow Hydra »

Man, if only i had paitence to do things like that... I love your empty hull Anasazi!
MaxAstro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by MaxAstro »

Wow... The Anasazi looks... amazing. For some reason, it feels like it's about ready to transform into a Gundam... (Cybuster, much?*). ...Now there's a feature for the next version of BF: Transforming ships! :D

Anyway, keep up the good work.

*If you get this reference, you are most definately an otaku.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

I really like the Trance Gemini and the Anasazi. The layering of pieces is very nicely done and the shapes of the ships are just pretty darn cool.