Random acts of violence with shipmaker

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bang Doll
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bang Doll »

The twin autocannons are fine broadside weapons, all you need to do is pick, oh, say, four and get rid of them. Personally, I thought the first "edition" of ship number 1 was better, green excluded.

In regards to the colors, I find having a color-wheel helps, but there are sites like http://colorschemedesigner.com/ that can make things easier.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Mech disco time!
sorry for the crappy pictures. I was having trouble getting the gun to rotate in line with the arm.

Should be releasing it later tonight after I finish balancing it and fixing some issues with the arms. Has fist that shoots electricity, and lazors shooting from the eyes...What more could you want from a mech?! Also rotating quad shields work really well for absorbing damage! I might also add wings or some such but what I had didn't look good. Comments?

This is something I was fooling around with for the mini-fleets thing but its gotten far too large. Most of it is in pieces so I can fix the parenting so this is just a preview to be replaced with a better picture later.
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

pictures are too small. Please post larger pictures or link the thumbnails to larger pictures.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Seriously? Are you sure it might not be your screen, because they show up fine on the ones I use and thats nearly full zoom... Not sure how to make it any larger without being hella blurry.
Well in any case, heres the download

The two folders (fraxy and jwa sections) are in there and can be dropped in your custom sprite folder. The .shp file is under Mech 1. Let me know if theres any problems getting it to work. My next project will probably be a steampunk mech with gears and chains and such that move when the limbs do...
Someone try it and tell me what needs to be fixed please...Best used with direct control 2.

*edit* Is this image better? I made it as big as I could... I've since made a mech about half the size but I'm still balancing it for use as a fighter. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/JWA/mech1e.png
Last edited by jwa8402 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Hmm, was hoping for more comments on the mech...

This is a dreadnought design I'm experimenting with. I may make the back look more conventional but I was mainly playing around with the Xor sprites, and also had a semi-unfinished look in mind. When its done, it will have fighter launch bays and WSKR type drones flying around it as point defense.

Its only maybe 80% done but there are several things which are definitely not final. The big thing is that I'm still making custom sprites to replace auto cannons, those on the battlecruiser I already posted will also be replaced. It will have additional coloring and custom lettering and crests.
I could really use some advice on this...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/J ... ught1a.png

In other news, I'm almost done with a collection of sprites. Mainly trying to go back and clean some of them up. Heres a rough example of a bullet(yes thats a woman tied to a bullet), and what may become a fighter :wink:
Last edited by jwa8402 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The Dreadnought is a little...odd. Not bad, but...odd. I can't seem to put my finger on it.
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

...Is that a Firefly? Amusing. :P I'd never have thought of it.

About the dreadnought, I was mainly just wondering if you were going to add any detail to the gun decks. Also, the back looks kind of odd to me, though I can't really figure out why.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

Drat! I had to find this thread just when I was about to post the Firefly I made. -_-
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

I think a few too many Autocannons.

Also, what the hell took a chunk out of your dreadnought?
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

I'm dyin' to know that the big gun shoots.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

The dreadnaught looks a bit strange; the low detailed sections used for the gun decks sorta clash with the mass of pixels that is the rear of the ship.
Also, it looks like some massive space creature came up behind the dreadnaught and bit its engines off.
*CHOMP*
:lol:
It's still a nice ship, though. And I like your shields.

BTW: You might want to flip that Firefly image if you plan on using it ingame.
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

Gun decks are too blank. One of the rows of auto-cannons needs to go: too many barrels poking out. And the "thruster" section at the back should have something more defining it. It currently looks like a right/left dual thruster. If so, it needs to have a piece in the middle for distinction.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Thanks for all the comments guys! I was beginning to wonder...
I will fix most of the problems on this ship but have decided to make it more compatible with 'mini' scale since it was balanced way higher than any .90b ships.

I'm reworking my custom sprites filing system so I don't have multiple copies of folders, so none of my ships work now. I'm rebuilding them, but this is what I had before I got stuck. Yes, I will be adding alot of detail to the decks. I plan to have bulges for equipment like on a mon calamari cruiser. In this version I mainly wanted to get the engines looking better and the weapon turrets as well.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/J ... read1c.png
I'm really not happy with parts of it but its only a rough wip anyway and now I can remake it right.

Also, still cleaning up the image but thought this might be fun eventually. Can have stations and such orbiting around one, and if you build a super weapon it could be destroyed. I figure I could make smaller ones to go with the mini fleets on a very large map to run a four corners multi-fleet game. I have a variety of moons and planets. Someone start making a proper mini-fleet compatible deathstar!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/J ... ttest1.png

Thanks for reminding me about reversing the firefly, glad to know theres some fellow brown coats out there. And I love your version parameciumkid, I would totally use it as a fighter!
Last edited by jwa8402 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

OMG Earth!!!! Howhowhowhowhowhowhowhowhow? ME WANTS.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

step 1: Import a picture of the earth as a custom sprite
step 2: Add said sprite to a ship
Voila, you did it
And yes Jwa, I'm sure that you did much more than that (or are planning to) such as breaking the one picture of earth into multiple sections allowing for section based destruction, or using creative parenting to allow for giant chunks to blow out (wink wink nudge nudge) but... those steps are probably enough for VNilla...
seriously, how the fuck could you not figure that one out?...