Random acts of violence with shipmaker

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

It has no detail... As for the sprites there so and so, they would be awesome if they were detailed. The half circle sprite is just fail to me. But i can see alot of potential in the ship.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Homer wrote:It has no detail... As for the sprites there so and so, they would be awesome if they were detailed. The half circle sprite is just fail to me. But i can see alot of potential in the ship.
I agree but you realize thats the style of warning forever...
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

I want these engine sprites
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I'm about to release a beta of my Aurora class dreadnought for testing before entering it in the beauty pageant but while I'm fine tuning it I figured I'd get feedback on this.

The 'Demeter' class fighter pod is designed solely as a space vehicle. No silly wings. Its built in several sections: a defensive exo-cage, a weapons hull that tracks the enemy continuously, and a propulsion hull(also where the pilot sits). Because the weapons hull rotates to track the target without the need to slow or turn, maneuvers like dogfights are rendered obsolete.

maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

YEAH!!!
A mega dementer!
No seriously this is brilliant. Looks good aswell, although I don't like the AC. The engine pilot part really looks cool although the ring is greant aswell.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Its not perfect yet.
RandomOne
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RandomOne »

Now if we can only change demeter sprites...
Pretty cool though.
I laughed.
He cried.
I hit him motionally.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I keep getting pulled away so a download is not quite ready for testing, but heres a shot to get initial reactions. Anything that absolutly has to go? Now would be the time to let me know...
Also haven't colored it yet-obviously.

As far as weapons go, it doesn't have its main turrets yet. The hammerhead cuts for ramming. It has no point defense yet, and I've taken off the shield until I can get it looking better.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/J ... ught1c.png
An older version with the shield. It fluctuates and generally looks awesome, but I don't want it to be such a solid color, but if I make it any lighter the movement isn't visible. Made from the end of the fraxy beam.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

looks pretty awesome, although some parts could use some detail, like the hammer. Still low detail looks pretty cool and would make a lovely new style.
The engines looks great, altough I am seeing 2 spots in the center and just 1 engine, why not 2 over eachother.(I know not really helpfull but if you get it, just look at it.)
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

You can change demeter sprites.

For the dreadnaught, it looks kinda weird, dunno, but the section choice is weird.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

MelvinVm wrote:
You can change demeter sprites.

For the dreadnaught, it looks kinda weird, dunno, but the section choice is weird.
Nope you can't
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

My bad, they worked on the previous versions, but of course, what's the point of changing demeter sprites if they don't turn?

But yeah, we got shipdeployer now
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

How did you make the hammer chop things? *gets idea from hammer*
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Isu wrote:How did you make the hammer chop things? *gets idea from hammer*
Invisible weapons I guess?
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

With some AI adjustments, and some own doodling about the properties of the ship, ships can hit others by ramming.
Of course, a ship needs a good front if it's made for ramming, like on this ship.