Multi-fleet thread(AKA, Magick's Newest Failures.)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Good?

Fail. Scrap and retry.
29%
Ehh...Ok.
50%
Amazing!
12%
I hate you, so i won't comment on your new ships.
10%

Total votes: 52

Magick
Captain
Captain

Multi-fleet thread(AKA, Magick's Newest Failures.)

Post by Magick »

The Varun

The Valorak Carrier:
This ship hosts a few squadrons of drones, and is primarily used for exploration.

The Var'tik Colony Ship:
The Var'Tik broke the mold with it's unique outer layers. It is an advancement of the Valorak, and can be used for many purposes.

The Telochus Colonial Dreadnought:
These ships are the largest we have produced. With swarms of drone squadrons, and an internal factory that produces more, the Telochus quickly overwhelms point defence turrets and shields. The only weapon that can destroy this(so far) is the Vorus Projector.(Creator's Note: See those millions of extra parenting lines on the outermost sections? Those are miniature demeters.)

The Varuk Heavy Transport:
Image The Varuk was created to get troops from ship to ship, and to be used as a gunboat. The turret isn't powerful enough to be used on larger ships, or shields, so the Varuk is an anti-strikecraft/heavy trooper transport.

The Vorsul Mutilator:
This ship was created with destruction in mind. With a powerful Vulkos Wave Cannon mounted in the center, the Mutilator was built to fight off frigates, gunboats, strikecraft, and several other types of ship. The turret is also effective against shields.

The Varluk Habitat Station
Image Although armed, the Varluk carries thousands of people onboard. It can be moved, and has been used as a logistics station in the past.

Hidden file discovered.
Project Titan: The Jarsul Mass Evacuator
The Jarsul Mass Evacuator is a massive station/ship hidden beneath the surface of the largest and most populated planets. When an enemy fleet begins bombarding the planet, the inhabitants are ordered into the Evacuator. It is essentially a massive biodome, with a Vorus Projector mounted on top.

---WEAPONS---
The so-far unnamed disruptor cannon. It is excellent for destroying turrets , or obliterating power cores.

The Tachyon Splitter was accidentally created during a disruption experiment. It's more effective against strike craft and flagships. It's effects are negated against a ship with deflector systems.

(Creator's notes: It actually was created during an experiment with tachyons and detoothing.)

This is the Vorus Projector. It was created for combat against large ships, such as the Telochus Colonial Dreadnought(Above.). Traitors will face the azure wrath of the empire.
(Creator's notes: It looks a bit like a Wraith's projectile(Halo))(Creator's edit: It also lags like a bitch :|)

DOWNLOAD:

Get Them

NOTICE: FOR THESE TO WORK, YOU MUST EXTRACT CustomSprites.rar TO THE CUSTOM SPRITES FOLDER

I have included the .sb4 files, in case somebody wants to edit them.
Last edited by Magick on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:42 am, edited 9 times in total.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The blue ships can use some more colors. They're okay for the rest, I guess.

The other ships however...both stations are cluttered or suffer from bad section usage.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

The first three ships could use more creativity. What's with making three rugby balls which are completely blue from head to toe? I couldn't even see the weaponry on them at first glance. Contrasting colour schemes, more generous piece usage and better ships should be what you need.

As to the other two stations, coughcoughclutclutclutttercoughcough (especially the one second from bottom). A decent start to playing about with the new stuffs though.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

how did you get the ship deployer to work? It gives an error if I even put it on mine.

You could make one hell of a borg cube. Or rotating queen sphere...especially if you can get sections to rotate clockwise and others counterclockwise.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Learn to read the tooltips people. They have important instructions!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Arcalane wrote:Learn to read the tooltips people. They have important instructions!
Bah ok I see, I wasn't adding the .shp. I managed to read most of the available reading but not the tooltips since its been awhile since I payed attention to them. Thank you. :oops:
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Or not.
Last edited by Magick on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Well it's certainly small. But it's just two dark grey sections?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

That's not square one. That's not even square zero. That's square MINUS one. I mean jesus fucking christ, you took two fucking sections, painted them almost invisible black, and slapped them together and called them a ship.

Words cannot describe how incredibly fucking pathetic that is. I'm serious.
Last edited by Anna on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Magick wrote:I just decided to go back to square one, and make a small ship.
You've just overdid it! :D

DING

Come on, either you're being really sarcastic here or you have a bad sense of humour.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Bigger than my last fail, and more numerous. Now with Vasari-like names.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

I think the Vasari-styled fleet looks great, perhaps the best thing you have ever made before, the shapes flow quite nicely.

But I don't really like the turrets much, they don't flow with the ship hulls.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

Great looks and colors imo
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

The Telochus Colonial Dreadnought has rolled out of the shipyards.
Discuss.

lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

green demeters? Really? :/
Besides that... it's fine I guess. Feels too fat, and There's nothing really visually interesting. And no ship this small should look that repetitive. But... it's fine.