Ah Well...

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Ah Well...

Post by Droid »

Well, that was lame.
The day I finish my UUS fleet, it becomes obsolete.
[insert emo rant here]

So I build new fleet. RAWR.
This time, slightly bigger.

Exculpation-class Missile Frigate
Fixed-winged Bombardment Frigate
(Standard Classification: Bombardment Cruiser)
Armed with four missile racks and two hypervelocity missile tubes, the Exculpation operates by overwhelming point defenses under weight of fire. Carrying only a single dual beam cannon turret and the standard forward Tesla cannon as its uninterceptable weapons, the Exculpation fares poorly against ships with heavy point defense.

Vindication-class Heavy Destroyer
Fixed-winged Combat Destroyer
(Standard Classification: Battleship)
When the retraction of the wings proved unimplementable, the order to reduced the displacement of the Reciprocation hull to that of a heavy destroyer. As a result, only a single Reciprocation was finished, with the rest being converted into Vindication class ships. While carrying only seven Vessimer-Kol Beam Cannons as opposed to the ten on the Reciprocation, the Vindication's wings have been further reinforced. However, the Vindication only has an armor rating for five thousand.

Reciprocation
Unique Fixed-winged Command Cruiser
(Standard Classification: Dreadnought)
While not as large nor as powerful as the main battleships and dreadnoughts, the Reciprocation nonetheless is a formidable warship. It carries an armor rating of eight thousand, and mounts ten powerful Vessimer-Kol Beam Cannons in five Twin Turrets as its primary armament. Due to time constraints and construction difficulties, it was opted to rush the ship into service without the ability to retract its wings. Only a single ship was constructed, with all further hulls being relegated to the lighter, more cost-effective Vindication class.

And since I replaced the orange and blue flames with thrusterEX's:
The Reciprocation launches a Tesla and Missile Volley in a simulated battle against a Scourge Paimon

It has come to my attention that triggered animations for linear motion (what would have been used to retract the wings) is glitched. This means that I probably won't be able to make any of them work like that >.>
Last edited by Droid on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

I dig the spire-like look, but those struts are just begging to be blown off.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

I had this funny feeling that the front half of the ship was too detailed compared to the back half, where there clearly has been considerable use of the huge chunky sections. Thruster colour and reactor colours look odd somehow.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

The blue and orange as the thruster glow looks odd, but I like it.
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Quick to jump in with the fancy new weapons aren't we? :)

I hope you managed to iron out the moving parts, cause if those flimsy extensions don't move then you're gonna have yourself one heck of a 1-hit KO.

Still, I can't make any real judgments since the 0.90 just leveled the playing field. Oh well, let's just see if we can get these babies to work.

Sidenote: The one feature that I was really excited about, the one that would fully complement my new fleet, just happened to the glitchy-buggy turrets. :cry: *sigh* just have to wait till they are fixed.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Attempted to address some of the issues pointed out.
The rear section is now more detailed, and the two main supports have been fused into one, thicker one.

I may replace the fake aegis engine glows with actual ThrusterEx's. Would that make it look better?

FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

Thruster EX's look really cool in game. Either use multiple ones or make the exhaust bigger for a ship that big, and set the alpha to 0. I'm not liking the current engines, but definitely try that new thruster.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Ex thrusters would be okay, but it wouldn't make it look more bad ass than it actually is now.
Great work!
Grenville
Commander
Commander

Post by Grenville »

The awesomeness of the new ship maker blows my mind :o

Now i must go remake my latest ship....again ^^"

Nice ship by the way droid, such variety of sections this new ship maker allows :D
TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by TheShipwrightArms »

Droid, I have nothing constructive to say but those are fricking awesome.

Only, the destroyer doesn't seem that much smaller than the cruiser.
Last edited by TheShipwrightArms on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

Great ships, great use of the new ship maker
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Updated with new ship.
And yeah, I couldn't get the destroyer to look right any smaller, but its meant to have the same approximate size as the cruiser. I might just re-designate these, since I don't know if I can actually go bigger than the Reciprocation without messing up horribly...
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Lookin' good there, Droid. Nice to see your work again.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Eh, I was bored and made a carrier, its still WIP.
I might scrap the launch bays on the wings, cause they kinda look horrible.

Also trying to build something small enough to look right flying out of these hangars...

Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

This is really one of those ships that starts out great and then just gets more and more badass over time - although breaking up the 'outriggers' on the latest build makes it look disjointed and fragile.

I think that multiple hull forms (parallel lines and the three/five-point star) are what really makes the design stand out.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]