Terra Divided

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

SW work is amazing.
I'm glad you're doing a decent scale, meaning they seem like they're for actual playing with.
Of the two most recent, the plebiscite seems a bit blocky, which isn't bad it just doesn't have enough angles.
can't wait for them all to be SW
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Small updates on the Plebiscite and the Clairvoyance. C&C on the
Clairvoyance would be especially appreciated.

The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Kazutek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kazutek »

could use some sleeking up. The "wings" mostly. You could just ignore my advice and keep it looking buff if thats what you really want.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

I like the Clairvoyance a lot, especially the "eye" so to speak. It really feels alive.

My two main nitpicks are the glowing blue sections you have coming off the ends of the wings. Every other such section is covered by more white, while these are not, it just doesn't make sense unless there's a specific purpose for them.
The second is the glow usage in general. It's good where it is, but the utter lack in the front makes it seem a bit barren, especially when you have a 3-tiered aspect to the front which begs for a sense of internals showing through.
Also, while the ship feels very alive, there is so much empty space in the central chasms, I think glows or some manner of doodads would help.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Kazutek wrote:could use some sleeking up. The "wings" mostly. You could just ignore my advice and keep it looking buff if thats what you really want.
Yeah, the wings didn't come out exactly as planned, and I'm still working to make them look better.
Kiltric wrote:My two main nitpicks are the glowing blue sections you have coming off the ends of the wings. Every other such section is covered by more white, while these are not, it just doesn't make sense unless there's a specific purpose for them.
I intend them to be some kind of energy-discharge spikes for the ECM systems I plan to put on the ship, so yes I do have a function intended for them.
Kiltric wrote:The second is the glow usage in general. It's good where it is, but the utter lack in the front makes it seem a bit barren, especially when you have a 3-tiered aspect to the front which begs for a sense of internals showing through. Also, while the ship feels very alive, there is so much empty space in the central chasms, I think glows or some manner of doodads would help.
I plan on doing this once I finish cleaning up the section work in the wings.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

It kinda looks like my Ancardia :lol: .

The blue glow on the mid-wingtips "slice off" the extensions. The center looks kinda thin.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

I smell a Holy Ship for the Clairvoyance...

SICK! The glows are pulled off so well that it doesn't seem "earthly" anymore. In my opinion, the Clairvoyance should represent some sort of new alien faction. The style's definitely not Terran, that's for sure.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Silver Swordsman wrote:I smell a Holy Ship for the Clairvoyance...

SICK! The glows are pulled off so well that it doesn't seem "earthly" anymore. In my opinion, the Clairvoyance should represent some sort of new alien faction. The style's definitely not Terran, that's for sure.
I think your standards bar needs raising a little. And what is it with people and predicting Holy Ships when Kaelis hasn't made an update to it in weeks? It's kind of silly. In fact I dare say it's likely to make him reconsider giving such out.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Arcalane wrote:I think your standards bar needs raising a little. And what is it with people and predicting Holy Ships when Kaelis hasn't made an update to it in weeks? It's kind of silly. In fact I dare say it's likely to make him reconsider giving such out.
Heh, thats exactly what i think whenever i see one of those 'i preduct holey sheep lololol' posts :)
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Although I'm flattered by your comment Silver Swordsman, the Clairvoyance isn't a holy ship and I'd probably slap Kaelis for lowering the quality bar for the HS Thread. (Which he already did enough of by giving Melvin his update)
LactoseTolerant wrote:It kinda looks like my Ancardia :lol: ..
I began working on the quite a while before you even joined the forums, I just never got around to working on it again until recently.

Also, wth did you do to my title arc? ;_;