Terra Divided

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Terra Divided

Post by AidanAdv »

Background Information

At the end of the 22nd century, humanity began to leave their home planet of Earth to build a new civilization among the stars. The groups that left Earth set out with grand ideals and optimism, but they also brought with them old prejudices and the last leaders of Earth's nations. Earth itself was dying, it could no longer handle the demands placed upon on it by humanity.

As humanity expanded, tensions that were thought to have been left behind on Earth burst out into open. Who fired first is unclear, both the North American Union and the Union of Islamic Republics had been hostile toward each other for decades. Both sides blamed each other when the NAUS Illustrious was destroyed while patrolling the UIR-NAU border. Soon, both nations had rallied their allies and all of Terran space was engulfed in a great conflagration. The war spiraled out of control and both sides took heavy losses. After almost twelve years of conflict, the NAU and the European Union had beaten both the UIR and their ally the Chinese Federation. Now alone its fight, the Russian Stellar Federation chose to surrender rather than face an invasion and occupation like the UIR and the CF.

With the end of the war and the continuation of Terran expansion, new colonies were founded on the frontier that broke away from the old political order. Overtime, the borders of Terran Space were redrawn. Old nations collapsed from the inside and new nations were born out of their corpses.

Factions

The United Colonies of Earth

History

The United Colonies of Earth is a federation of planets founded in 2314 after the revolution in the NAU. The revolution was caused by a massive post-war depression, This depression could not have come at a worse time for the NAU because with the war over, billions of servicemen who had been mobilized during the war were returning home where they could find little work.

Soon, those who had fought for years and even decades began to feel as if the government and the general public had forgot about them. This feeling of disappointment turned into anger, and soon this anger led to widespread protests across the NAU by veterans and their supporters. Some of these demonstrations turned violent, and the leaders of the NAU attempted to institute marshal order.

The demonstrations of the veterans led civilians who had either been swept up in the wartime patriotism or arrested for the duration of the war under anti-sedition laws to begin to lead marches and demonstrations themselves as a feeling of general discontentment with the government spread across the Union colonies. Discontentment turned into rage and eventually acts of terrorism against government targets.

As the organizations dedicated to regime change multiplied and the government lost its control over the people, the NAU began to break apart into many competing states, each with their own version of "regime change". The NAU was officially disbanded when a force known as the Army For Cultural Change took over the NAU capital of Roosevelt and the government was forced to surrender to the rebels.

For over 150 years the new nations that were born from the NAU fought amongst themselves and other outside forces. In 2462, the large breakup state the Federated Worlds of Earth began a campaign to unify the former-NAU states and even capture some parts of the former EU territory. By 2473 the warring colonies including the Terran homeward of Earth and the FWE was reorganized into the United Colonies of Earth.

The UCE Navy

UCEN Ships
Misapprehension class carrier
Misconception class cruiser
Objection class cruiser
Grievance class frigate
Misgivings class destroyer
Complaint class gunboat
Annoyance class fighter
Misjudgement class fighter
Accusation class bomber

The Exo-solar Trading Union

History

When the Great War ended, most of the Russian Federation and the European Union had escaped the same kind of devastation as what had taken place in the NAU and the UIR. Becuase their economies were both largely untouched, both nations were crucial in the brief period of recovery that followed the signing of the Treaty of New Kursk and that ended with the NAU's civil war.

During this period of recovery, the two nation's economies became closely intertwined. It was during the post-war recovery that EU and the NRF signed their first trade pact. By 2453, the two nations had merged their governments with the signing of the Unification Agreement. The ETU quickly became the most economically powerful star nation through its aggressive trade polices (and in some cases direct military action) and shrewd diplomacy.

Today, the ETU is among the most influential Terran nations. Although it is small territorially small, its military power is rivaled only by the UCE. In addition to its own fleets, the ETU can also call upon the forces of several small puppet states it uses as a buffer between itself and the more aggressive elements of the New Kingdom.

The ETU Defense Force

ETU DF Ships

Blockade class freighter
Punitive class battleship
Embargo class tanker
Interdiction class cruiser
Severence class drone

[As always, C&C would be much appreciated.]
Last edited by AidanAdv on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

I just want to say that this is the best terran-style fleet I've seen. The ship designs just make sense, I like the colors and section usage too. Will be cool to try them ingame.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

It sure is bumpy in here tonight...
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
kronos10
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kronos10 »

Download? :D Please? :lol:
THIS IS SPARTA
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

kronos10 wrote:Download? :D Please? :lol:
I plan to release them in a big fleet pack when I'm finished.

Also, I had to rebuild or rearm several ships because of issues with the Shipmaker.

Anyhoo, here are the new ETU ships:

Blockade class freighter
Punitive class battleship
Embargo class tanker
Interdiction class cruiser
Severence class drone
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

Really great ships
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]
Whyarecarrots
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Whyarecarrots »

That UCE fleet is definately a contender for my favourite fleet on this site: very nice, coherent and consistent visual design.

I think the ETU lacks the same sort of visual coherence somehow, although the ships are very good.

Looking forward to seeing more.
Elias_The_Crimson
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Elias_The_Crimson »

I like them A LOT!

I'm really attracted to fleets with a Terran-ish style ;)
DarchZero
Commander
Commander

Post by DarchZero »

Now this is what you call an update to 0.90.

Niec. (yeah, the spellings indicate awesomeness.)
Died to gatekeeping and mod arrogance
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

The Following Is An Excerpt From Blood and Steel: A Military History of the Terran Empire:

"The continued naval race between the great Terran powers during the early 2310s led to great advancements in spacecraft armor theory, as well as new stronger and more effective shielding techniques. In particular, the development of Duralthene armor allowed warship designers to create more durable designs then ever before. The UCEN was the first nation to deploy ships equipped with Duralthene in combat, and once the small matter of the armor exploding apon contact with energy weapons was corrected and existing ships were retrofitted, the superiority of the protection provided by the armor was quite evident."

<center>Image
The UCEN's Concession class destroyer, the first production starship featuring Duralthene Armor. [Top] Several UCEN Sacrifice MKIIs patrolling the aftermath of a vicious pirtate encounter. [Bottom]</center>
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Yayz, more new ship fleets. However, the concessions merely look like second cousins of the Hestia. Unless that's how you wanted it to look.

The sacrifices are good, they look like terran bombers.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

IF BSF campaign is ever updated, and IF th15 chooses to use tsa style sprites(I know he prefered the simpilar stype at one point) this is my vote for the new hestia.

Fighters are ok, bit squarish but in space that just means more room for fuel and weaponry.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

inteuniso wrote:Yayz, more new ship fleets. However, the concessions merely look like second cousins of the Hestia. Unless that's how you wanted it to look.

The sacrifices are good, they look like terran bombers.
I wanted the Concession class to look like an updated version of the Misgivings class destroyer, and I feel like I succeeded in doing that. Overall, I think its consistent with the style for the UCEN that I've already established, triangular ships with sidepods and an emphasive on forward-facing firepower.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Been working on the first of the ETU's revamped ships, the Clairvoyance class frigate. I plan on expanding on the front and finishing off the "wings" of the ships toward the rear. Comments and Criticism is always welcome.

Also currently working on some corvette, gunships, and frigates for the UCE to fill out their ranks. I plan on posting them in a bit.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Image Admission class destroyer
Image Plebiscite class monitor

Two of the smaller UCEN ships.

As always, C&C is much appreciated, especially on the ship in the above post.